The Wild and Wacky World of K-Pop

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
I wanted to create a thread the covers one of the most popular musical genres in the world. I have been getting into K-Pop recently and I have a few groups that I really like(Red Velvet, Twice and Blackpink to name a few). I'm not sure how many people around here listen to K-Pop but I figure I would create a thread that talks about it.

To start it off, I've been really listening to GOT7's new comeback, "Not By The Moon." It came out last week and I really like the song and music video for it:

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
I decided to change the thread title since I didn't want it to be overly serious. I wanted to make it inclusive to all. Here are a couple songs that I've liked this week:

NCT Dream: "Ridin":

Chung Ha: "Stay Tonight":

Cignature: "ASSA"

ToonsJazzLover

It's not the worst genre in the world, but man, the K-Pop fandom on Twitter is so unbearable. They're everywhere over there and they spam fancams or "Maybe if you stanned (insert name of K-pop musician)" comments on tweets that has nothing to Korean music. I'm glad to see normal and sane fans like you instead of the crazier and ruder ones.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Speaking of Suga again, he dropped a new mixtape under his alias, Augst D. One of those songs, "Daechwita," has a music video attached to it:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
New K-pop talent show I-Land is coming next month as hopefuls will compete to be the next BTS but it will not be like Produce 101. Rain and Zico will mentor in the upcoming show.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member

Popular girl group, TWICE just released their latest comeback, "More & More" on Monday. They also dropped their mini album of the same name as well.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member

Stray Kids came back with their newest song, "God's Menu." It's off their first full-length album, Go Live. Some people might know them as they did the opening and ending songs for the Tower of God anime series.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member

Extremely popular girl group has just released their pre-release single, "How You Like That." The MV has already broke the number of views for a video in 24 hours, surpassing the previous record held by BTS. The MV already has 110 million views and counting.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Blackpink's "How You Like That" is currently at number 14 in the UK midweeks chart, thus they're on track on scoring their fourth UK Top 40 hit.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Blackpink's "How You Like That" became the highest new entry of UK Singles Chart, debuting at number 20 on Friday.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member

Red Velvet's Irene and Seulgi formed a subunit and released their first mini album, Monster, last Monday. Above is the music video for the title track.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts