"The Year The Cartoons Died" - anyone ever have that feeling?

Mr. Daniel

Back (but just occasionally)
Simple. Never. There will always be good animation in good times and bad. Remember CN Real came on in '09? That was the same year Up came out! And in '05 when Disney went to CGI. Avatar came out. And too be fair with Disney. Most of their CGI animated films after Chicken Little are really good!

As long as there will be Animation. Cartoons will never die.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Well, just to be clear, I think this forum member maybe said it best, as to what I was going for....

This topic seems to more be about watching cartoons year after year, but then suddenly hitting a dry spell when nothing you enjoy seems to be released.

It's about that sensation you get when you realize "Cartoons aren't as enjoyable as they used to be"...Some of that comes with growing up, some of that goes with the cycles in network programming.

That sensation goes on until you discover a new cool cartoon, and you realize there are still good cartoons out there, and the cycle starts over again.

Mikurotoro92

Banned
I think 1999 is when cartoons started going downhill because of the focus shifting from Saturday-morning action cartoons to buddy-comedy type of cartoons also this is when cartoons & anime started getting really formulaic (examples:SBSP,Pokemon,CTCD,etc)!

NewYorkEagle

I find 2009 to be a terrible year for animation, but not the death of it. There are some good shows that came out in this decade (e.g. We Bare Bears, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, the PPG reboot, etc.)

90'sKid

Personally, cartoons never "died" for me, the newer ones (bar Gumball) just don't appeal to me. I can't get into AT, RS, Star, etc. but I don't hate them. I have tried them and they just never hooked me in, you know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts