Toon Zone Talkback - "Dinosaur King" is Prehistoric Poop

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
Remember friends, this is a review based solely on the first DVD. If this is how Ed felt, it is how Ed felt. He's been at this job longer then we've probably been alive.

Well, watching cartoons longer, maybe, but if any of you are 6 years old, you're AWFULLY mature for your age :p.

The fact that even proponents of the series admit that it's not the greatest thing out there is not exactly the most ringing endorsement, either. If you enjoy it, don't let my opinion stop you. I don't dispute that you can do worse than Dinosaur King, but I also think it's not that hard to do a whole lot better.

-- Ed

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never
Well, I think that it is a terrible mistake to call it "Prehistoric poop" for two reasons.
1. It is a lot better than prehistoric poop
2. This isn't very related, but "prehistoric poop" is better known as "coprolite", so a scientific error there.

Joe

I probably would agree with Ed myself if I watched more than one episode. Disposal, assembly-line, commercial fare like this doesn't really deserve all that much attention

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
The fact that even proponents of the series admit that it's not the greatest thing out there is not exactly the most ringing endorsement, either.

Just because I don't think it's the greatest show ever doesn't mean I don't think it's an enjoyable show. There's a significant difference between the two.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Just because I don't think it's the greatest show ever doesn't mean I don't think it's an enjoyable show. There's a significant difference between the two.

I agree. A show can be enjoyable without being the greatest one of its category. Besides that, if people say that the show they watch is the greatest thing out there, then some people will kind of tune them out, thinking that they're the fans so they have to say that. Unless, of course, they actually provide sound reasons as to why they think the show is the greatest, but I haven't seen much of that outside of Toon Zone.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts