"Toonami" News & Discussion Thread

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
A sports anime in general would be a fun add. Pity Megalo Box season 2 wasn't aired. Blue Lock is a current one on CR but then again CR. SK8 the Infinity was surprisingly good. I heard a new Tiger Mask came out a few years ago but never saw it yet.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Surprised about Ninja Kamui as it seemed like it was written to be a one and done. Looking at the MyAnimeList forum, the reaction to the news is...not very good. The show has a score of 6.95 just when it seemed like it had hope of being one of the few Toonami originals to have a score above 7. Shockingly, the only Nu Toonami original with a score above 7 was....Fena Pirate Princess, which was itself extremally controversial. I'm expecting season 2 to be just as polarizing as the first.

aegisrawks

I just realized ONE SHOW they could air on the Toonami Rewind block: VISION OF ESCAFLOWNE.

Its a show with an uncut redub but it has the advantage it is a popular classic title (Toonami wanted it but Fox Kids bought it just to spite them) whose old dub was not beloved like Sailor Moon's was.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Even if it's a new lead and the first season cast returns in a guest capacity?

The cast (except the sexually depraved guy of short stature) didn't seem to be the problem fans had with the show. CGI seemed to be the main reason for the hate. Pretty 2D fight scenes, having no CGI, and having a story that is at least adequate usually seem to be the best way to a high MAL score, but then again. Ninja Kamui met two of the three criteria, so just nix the CGI.

Conttactt

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Was this fake news or a NDA break and we actually are getting a season 2? I've heard both theories

Rynnec

I just realized ONE SHOW they could air on the Toonami Rewind block: VISION OF ESCAFLOWNE.

Its a show with an uncut redub but it has the advantage it is a popular classic title (Toonami wanted it but Fox Kids bought it just to spite them) whose old dub was not beloved like Sailor Moon's was.
Huh? People loved the Ocean dub of Escaflowne. Enough for Funi to put it in as a bonus disc on their HD re-release of the series.

RunoMisaki573

Unfortunately, there is still no lineup updates on what will replace Zom 100 in July. I checked Facebook today, and there's nothing new.

I'll easily predict MHA Season 7 will replace Zom 100, and since the former will likely have 25 episodes, I have a feeling it will last the rest of the year now that we are reachinf the halfway point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conttactt

Unfortunately, there is still no lineup updates on what will replace Zom 100 in July. I checked Facebook today, and there's nothing new.

I'll easily predict MHA Season 7 will replace Zom 100, and since the former will likely have 25 episodes, I have a feeling it will last the rest of the year now that we are reachinf the halfway point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zom has 3 episodes left, they won’t need to issues schedule updates for at least 2 weeks

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Related to Toonami Rewind, do you think they could get Cowboy Bebop sometime down the road?

They might have lost the rights as it's not on their website. Crunchyroll seems really uncooperative right now so I wonder if they are at risk of losing the ability to play Bebop for the thousandth run.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Several episodes of Bebop were re-rated TV-MA starting when the series began airing (more) uncut in HD in 2015. I know AS has finally loosened up on advertising TV-MA programming in the afternoon this past week, with Zom 100 ads now in regular rotation during Checkered Past and Toonami Rewind. Actually airing TV-MA shows in 5-7 pm slots is another level.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts