PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Are We Finally Getting Uzumaki On Adult Swim This Year?"​

uzumaki.jpg

"Adult Swim originally announced Uzumaki with a target release year of 2020. If 2020 wasn’t the Uzumaki year, and 2021 wasn’t, and 2022 wasn’t even close, and 2023 was not even remotely there…will 2024 finally be the year? We’ve been conditioned to say “no,” but this time, we have a signed document, so we’re certain Lucy won’t pull the football.

“Lucy” is Junji Ito, and the “signed document” is a reecently published interview in the Japan Times. Ito is said to have informed them the adaption of Uzumaki will premiere before year’s end, and that the first episode is entirely finished. The entire adaption will be four episodes long."

Read the full article here.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Wow, this four episode series has had a production time as long a feature length film. So only the first episode is near complete? Good to know that Junji Ito put his stamp of approval on it and if Toonami makes the first good Junji Ito adaptation, that would be a big deal. Maybe Uzumaki is going to be the First Good Toonami Original? Too bad we have to endure Rickime first. Kind of hard to be optimistic about Toonami originals when every single title has been divisive at best.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
lol, well I guess that's progress. Instead of just saying 'it's coming out this year' - we got confirmation at least 1 of 4 episodes is completely finished. 3 more years to go. :p

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
Toonami Rewind shakeup on the 19th - two episodes of Sailor Moon, one Naruto and Kai at the end. I think they should have gone with two SMs from the beginning, considering how much Kai has been on regular Toonami (and it not having the same retro appeal as the others).

IMG_8100.jpeg

Santana434

Toonami Rewind shakeup on the 19th - two episodes of Sailor Moon, one Naruto and Kai at the end. I think they should have gone with two SMs from the beginning, considering how much Kai has been on regular Toonami (and it not having the same retro appeal as the others).

View attachment 309049
Wow, that’s awesome Sailor Moon is getting a full hour. If a show gets a full hour, then you know the ratings are actually pretty good, plus airing double sailor moon episodes will also help catching up episodes in a bit more faster pace, because sailor moon 90s anime is about 200 episodes in. Plus DBZ Kai has kidna being overplayed for a while now, especially considering DBZ Kai is airing on toonami on Saturdays nights, don’t get me wrong DBZ is a great show and was toonami’s flagship show since day 1, but DBZ Kai didn’t need a full hour on Fridays, while it’s also airing on Saturdays. Hopefully, we get more classics on toonami rewind in the future, if only the stupid Crunchyroll let toonami air those shows. Because it seems like crunchyroll has been a monopoly for toonami ever since this whole merger BS happened.

Last edited:

Conttactt

View attachment 309049
It’s not reassuring that Rewind is doing well seeing it get a schedule change this soon, but I think they made a mistake they did in the past, overestimating Kai as a rerun. The episodes currently running have run 2-3 times since March. Nobody wants to see DBZ that much, and they were probably seeing a sharp ratings dip right when Sailor Moon ended.

I hope this will also lead to Kai being removed from Saturday come August as a further way to bolster Friday by making it Rewind exclusive.

Will Viz Media let toonami air RWBY in the future...
RWBY has odd episode run times that would never work on cable. Plus, the early seasons look pretty bad visually. The audience hated GenLock and early RWBY looks worse than that.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
Will Viz Media let toonami air RWBY in the future...

If RWBY was going to air, it should've been a decade ago. Airing it now makes them look desperate for content (which they may be, but at least pick up an anime or production made for TV).

If only Viz was more than semi-active in the anime game...Accel World and Blood Lad would've also been good a decade ago, but they were still trying to make Neon Alley catch on.

Conttactt

If only Viz was more than semi-active in the anime game...Accel World and Blood Lad would've also been good a decade ago, but they were still trying to make Neon Alley catch on.
Accel World and Blood Lad would be great pickups today. Toonami can’t secure current shows so they can’t be picky about something being a few years old. And I’m sure to most of the Toonami crowd, they haven’t seen either show.

We can’t claim those shows are too old to air when we are currently slogging through 10 year old episodes of One Piece. Something is better than the current prospects of nothing.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Maybe this is just a sign that Sailor Moon is the bigger ticket than the other shows as it hasn't been overexposed like DBZ and Naruto.

RunoMisaki573

If RWBY was going to air, it should've been a decade ago. Airing it now makes them look desperate for content (which they may be, but at least pick up an anime or production made for TV).

Captain Tsubasa 2018 is a must. With the 2026 World Cup on its way, I just wish Toonami re-airs Season 1, then go to the Junior World Youth arc if possible. It's one of four Toonami shows that are overdue for a US broadcast, with the others being Laid-Back Camp, Radiant and Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conttactt

Maybe this is just a sign that Sailor Moon is the bigger ticket than the other shows as it hasn't been overexposed like DBZ and Naruto.
I have seen other people discussing Rewind and many state the only thing they tune in for is Sailor Moon, so that’s probably not far off. They messed up starting DBZ early on Saturday because that made it really unappealing on Friday. Naruto is hard to get excited for when we are just about to wrap up Shippuden.

For Rewind’s sake, let’s hope those Sailor Moon watchers stick it out because the block is already under the microscope

Rynnec

I have seen other people discussing Rewind and many state the only thing they tune in for is Sailor Moon, so that’s probably not far off. They messed up starting DBZ early on Saturday because that made it really unappealing on Friday. Naruto is hard to get excited for when we are just about to wrap up Shippuden.

For Rewind’s sake, let’s hope those Sailor Moon watchers stick it out because the block is already under the microscope

Naruto's biggest saving grace right now is that the second half of the Chuunin Exams and onward haven't aired on TV in over 15 years. Wouldn't be surprised if its ratings start improving, however little, as we go through those episodes (assuming we get there, of course).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Uzumaki English voice cast will include Abby Trott as Kirie Goshima, Robbie Daymond as Shuichu Saito, Cristina Vee as Azami Kurotani, Doug Stone as Kirie's Dad, Aaron LaPlante as Shuichi's Dad, Mona Marshall as Shuichi's Mom and Max Mittleman as Katayama. And a logline, "'Let's leave this town together,' asks Shuichi Saito, a former classmate of Kirie Goshima, a high school girl who was born and grew up in Kurouzu-cho. Everything from a strange whirlwind, billowing smoke from the crematorium, and the residents is turning into spirals. People's eyes spin in whirls, a tongue spirals, and the bodies twist unnaturally. In an attempt to escape the curse of the spirals, Kirie decides to flee from Kuouzu-cho, but can she get away from this turmoil?"

Japanese voice cast.

Last edited:

RunoMisaki573

Uzumaki English voice cast will include Abby Trott as Kirie Goshima, Robbie Daymond as Shuichu Saito, Cristina Vee as Azami Kurotani, Doug Stone as Kirie's Dad, Aaron LaPlante as Shuichi's Dad, Mona Marshall as Shuichi's Mom and Max Mittleman as Katayama. And a logline, "'Let's leave this town together,' asks Shuichi Saito, a former classmate of Kirie Goshima, a high school girl who was born and grew up in Kurouzu-cho. Everything from a strange whirlwind, billowing smoke from the crematorium, and the residents is turning into spirals. People's eyes spin in whirls, a tongue spirals, and the bodies twist unnaturally. In an attempt to escape the curse of the spirals, Kirie decides to flee from Kuouzu-cho, but can she get away from this turmoil?"

I wonder if it'll premiere in August or September next year... I read that the first episode of Uzumaki wrapped production lately. If the series is all-horror, I expect it late Summer next year assuming if the production team didn't rush, but used their time wisely.

RunoMisaki573

Well, we finally know that Fire Force season 3 is happening in 2025.

The MHA standoff makes me wonder if Toonami might lose their entitlement with future seasons of former Funimation titles they aired before the merger.

No! This isn't happening! There's no reason for it to go on! Wha- What am I fighting for?!

(Glad to know Fire Force is a thing. I'd likely stop watching once my favorite nun gets killed off at some point in the series.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts