"Toonami" News & Discussion Thread

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Wow that’s fast. It hasn’t even been a full year since it was announced. I’m still putting my money on a 2025 release though
It'll probably be the same pattern they did with Ninja Kamui. I believe the first preview was July 2023 then the next trailer was February 2024 then it premiered a week later? If yeah, I'm guessing February 2025 for Lazarus.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
Official confirmation Naruto will be skipping to episode 20.

IMG_8158.jpeg

Conttactt

Official confirmation Naruto will be skipping to episode 20.

View attachment 309219
Huge hit to Demarco’s credibility for him to have said he had no idea about this. Tells us he has almost nothing to do with the block even though a month and a half ago he was glad to soak up all the praise and credit for its conception.

So how much longer do we think Rewind will live? There is no logical reason to do this unless the ratings are at critical lows. I’d say by October TOM and Sara will sign off.

RunoMisaki573

I mean, I'm not a Naruto guy, but that's stings.

I don't know. Only time will tell. That's all I can say.

If Toonami Rewind fails and ends broadcast, I can see Sailor Moon and Naruto move to the Saturday/Sunday lineup. Also, Naruto Shippuden is nearing its end anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santana434

I am very appalled of what toonami did by skipping the Zabuza arc and moving to Chunin Exam arcs, I mean that arc is not even filler and is manga canon. And as for ratings, we can’t tell if Toonami Rewind ratings are slipping or not, I mean the block is only almost 2 months old, it’s kinda too early to judge how well the block did if the ratings are bad or not, and if the ratings are actually bad, a lot of people might end up reacting ‘Oh it’s another CKP situation again because of the ratings slipping’ and all that BS.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
They don’t even have up the skipped Naruto episodes on demand like the FB post claims. It is just episodes that already ran on TV. This whole thing is embarrassing. Demarco making a statement about it being a mistake without knowing what was going on gave people false hope. Now he turns out to have egg on his face. I know he isn’t as involved with the block as he once was, but this makes it seem like he is completely out of the loop. They didn’t even have time to make a lineup promo for the new Rewind lineup. We haven’t had one for the main block in ages either, and I guess Rewind won’t be getting them either.

I have a feeling Naruto is bombing and will be removed from the lineup. Even the chunin exams has some really weak episodes early on. I find the one where they’re all blatantly cheating on a written test laughable. I have a feeling Naruto will soon end up being removed from Rewind and relegated to the later part of the Saturday block, like Shippuden has been for years. In the lower stakes late night hours, Demarco can probably air all the episodes he likes without skipping.

Conttactt

If Toonami Rewind fails and ends broadcast, I can see Sailor Moon and Naruto move to the Saturday/Sunday lineup. Also, Naruto Shippuden is nearing its end anyways.

Which is an awful scenario, the last thing Saturday needs is another hour of reruns. Especially when we are in spitting distance of a Toonami without Naruto.
I am very appalled of what toonami did by skipping the Zabuza arc and moving to Chunin Exam arcs, I mean that arc is not even filler and is manga canon. And as for ratings, we can’t tell if Toonami Rewind ratings are slipping or not, I mean the block is only almost 2 months old, it’s kinda too early to judge how well the block did if the ratings are bad or not, and if the ratings are actually bad, a lot of people might end up reacting ‘Oh it’s another CKP situation again because of the ratings slipping’ and all that BS.
These types of changes are not made if the ratings are good. Especially when as you say, we aren’t even at 2 months.

You have to remember, this is a rerun nostalgia block. No one is interested in starting this show over from the start, 1 episode at a time. That’s over 4 years of weekly commitment to finish this single show. They should have skipped episodes from day 1 and started the block at Zabuza. Skipping episodes is smart. Skipping these specific episodes is not.
have a feeling Naruto is bombing and will be removed from the lineup. Even the chunin exams has some really weak episodes early on. I find the one where they’re all blatantly cheating on a written test laughable. I have a feeling Naruto will soon end up being removed from Rewind and relegated to the later part of the Saturday block, like Shippuden has been for years. In the lower stakes late night hours, Demarco can probably air all the episodes he likes without skipping.
Naruto can’t be doing that bad if they at least had the confidence to put it in front of Kai. I have a feeling Naruto is suffering from these weeks of having an hour of Kai reruns in front of it which people have been very vocal about skipping.
I thought people loved Naruto?
They love specific groupings of episodes. The chunin exam fights? Yes sir. Sauske retrieval? Often cited as one of the best arcs in shonen. Episodes about Konahamaru and Naruto having diarrhea? Those are skippers, and AS should have known that.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
So, Toonami's schedule is blank on the official AS page for August 3, so I thought I'd see if a third-party schedule source might have something when they eventually caught up. TV Insider's schedule is...also blank, but there's something interesting this time: Every instance of "TBA" is bunched into hour-long chunks instead of half-hour like how it's usually presented.

ctpLL7A.jpeg

Could they have something planned for August 3 (and perhaps 10)? There's still plenty of holdover time between the MAWS marathon and Rick and Morty: The Anime.

Conttactt

So, Toonami's schedule is blank on the official AS page for August 3, so I thought I'd see if a third-party schedule source might have something when they eventually caught up. TV Insider's schedule is...also blank, but there's something interesting this time: Every instance of "TBA" is bunched into hour-long chunks instead of half-hour like how it's usually presented.

ctpLL7A.jpeg

Could they have something planned for August 3 (and perhaps 10)? There's still plenty of holdover time between the MAWS marathon and Rick and Morty: The Anime.
This is normal when they havent made an announcement yet. We should get some official schedules on Facebook tomorrow.

I know movies are usually a no go, but in celebration of Shippuden ending, do we think The Last could be on the table for one of these days? I believe it would need 3 slots which is just the right fit for the current gaps.

The Last canonically occurs before the current wedding arc, so this would be just about the right time to air it if they were planning to.

aegisrawks

I know I am the most staunch "Traditional TV isnt dead!" guy but I think Toonami might really indeed just be over now... And if I am wrong AWESOME, but I wont hold my breath.

RunoMisaki573

I know I am the most staunch "Traditional TV isnt dead!" guy but I think Toonami might really indeed just be over now... And if I am wrong AWESOME, but I wont hold my breath.

Toonami should have ended its run in 2023 when the FLCL sequels finished. It's a shame, considering its lackluster lineups last year.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.
DFC-licious!

The Boomerang YouTube channel has been rebranded into the Cartoon Cartoons channel.

Featured Posts