"Twilight of the Gods" (Zack Snyder & Jay Oliva Norse Mythology Anime) News & Discussion

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

An anime based on Norse mythology is in development. The creators are Zack Snyder and Jay Oliva. There's no name for the series yet.

Frontier

Staff member
Oliva storyboarded Snyder movies before, so this isn't too surprising to see them working together again :).

Be prepared for a very dark and depressing take on the Norse gods though :sweat:.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Oliva storyboarded Snyder movies before, so this isn't too surprising to see them working together again :).

Be prepared for a very dark and depressing take on the Norse gods though :sweat:.
Considering how Norse tales end with 3/4ths of the gods dying its going to be more of a normal take.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The show will be titled Twilight of the Gods and some cast announcements.
John Noble will play Odin
Paterson Joseph will play Loki
Corey Still will play Hrafnkel
Jamie Chung will play Hel
Jamie Clayton will play The Seid-Kona
Kristopher Hivju will play Andvari
Lauren Cohan will play Inge
Peter Stormare will play Ulfr
Pilou Asbæk will play Thor
Rahul Kohli will play Egill
Stuart Martin will play Leif

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
After Invincible and X-Men 97's success, I would hope that Netflix would stop considering "cartoon" a dirty word. This is definitely not an "anime." I just remembered that Zack Snyder has done a cartoon before that had something to do with owls. Nobody seems to talk about that one, but considering how divisive Synder's live action stuff is, this will probably also be divisive.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

""Twilight Of The Gods" Teased For Fall Launch On Netflix"​

GL4SdX0bYAMHhYe-scaled.jpg

"Zack Snyder is one of those divisive auteurs that people tend to either (1) hate with a fiery passion or (2) be obsessed with to a cultish degree. That cult isn’t very big, though; it just yells loud enough to appear as such. It’s fair to say Netflix overestimated the size of that cult when they poured a gazillion dollars into Rebel Moon, Snyder’s two-part rejected Star Wars pitch.

Rebel Moon was one of the most expensive things Netflix ever made, and Part 1 sank like a stone once it was dropped into their content pool. Part 2 launched this month and has received even less attention, and when stuff bombs like this a studio tends to lose interest in working with its director again. Fortunately for Zack, he has another project in mid-production, so he gets to keep his job a little longer.

It’s called Twilight of the Gods, and it’s an animated series. Snyder boastfully revealed the first-ever screenshot from the show on Twitter yesterday. He didn’t mention who the head we’re seeing is supposed to be, but it’s a fair assumption this is Sigrid, the central character of his fantasy based on Norse mythology."

Read the full article here.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts