TZ/AS 2024 Battle of the Brackets- Earssentials Conference Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'll vote for The Lion King. I just love it. I have a lot of nostalgic fondness for it and being there at the height of its popularity was quite an experience too.

I love Beauty and the Beast as well. It has terrific music, fun characters and a good romance, but The Lion King is my favorite Disney movie, so that gives it a big edge for me.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
The Disney Renaissance is generally considered one of the studio's most fruitful period, if not the most fruitful, period. While The Little Mermaid is what codified it, the two most significant films from this era are Beauty and the Beast, one of the most lauded animated features of all time, and The Lion King, one of the highest grossing.

If you ask me, I'd consider Beauty and the Beast possibly the strongest script in Disney's history- every part of the puzzle, from story to character development to its dialogue and lyrical content, is as tight as can be- while The Lion King may be the best feature Disney's made in terms of filmmaking. Incredible animation, unforgettable music, and terrific framing.

A tough fight, both films deserve advancement. but we have a clear winner.

The Lion King makes it to the finals, which will begin in a moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts