Unconventional or unpopular opinions you have (re: animation)

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
I have another unpopular opinion. NO ONE seems to care about Ferb. Not even Phineas, the whole PhinaBella episode was all about how they finally got together and relegated FERB GOING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY TO STUDY ACROSS THE WORLD AND NO ONE CARED. The relationship that the show is named after, the one involving Phineas and Ferb is a LIE.

I really hope Swampy and his pal fix this ASAP. Poor Ferb.

It was kind of jarring how Disney Infinity featured Phineas and Perry as players/collectibles, but not Ferb. I would've made one figurine of Phineas and Ferb together and they would've played as one character like Tom & Jerry in Multiversus.

Sparklefan1234

Tangled Sparkle Duck
I've never been a fan of the original Tom and Jerry cartoons.

That might be because my first time seeing them was in "Tom and Jerry: The Movie" from 1992

so when I did see them in their original cartoons I guess I didn't care because they weren't talking.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Tom and Jerry: The Movie was a mess, to be sure, and what does it say about the film when T&J talking was the least jarring thing about it? At least the voices that the studio gave T&J (Richard Kind and Dana Hill, respectively) did fit their characters. T&J have spoken in the original shorts, even but only a line or 2 spoken occasionally. I could have dealt with T&J talking if the rest of the movie had been good.

At least T&J: the Move gave us the "We've got to have money!" meme.

Last edited:

Mejo

Jukebox Bird
I've never been a fan of the original Tom and Jerry cartoons.

That might be because my first time seeing them was in "Tom and Jerry: The Movie" from 1992

so when I did see them in their original cartoons I guess I didn't care because they weren't talking.
I don’t think you should dismiss a cartoon just because it had no dialogue. If you do that, you’re missing out on plenty of pantomime cartoons that don’t have dialogue but are hilarious (The original Tom and Jerry cartoons as you said, but also the Roadrunner cartoons and Oggy and the Cockroaches).

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Tom and Jerry: The Movie was a mess, to be sure, and what does it say about the film when T&J talking was the least jarring thing about it? At least the voices that the studio gave T&J (Richard Kind and Dana Hill, respectively) did fit their characters. T&J have spoken in the original shorts, even but only a line or 2 spoken occasionally. I could have dealt with T&J talking if the rest of the movie had been good.

At least T&J: the Move gave us the "We've got to have money!" meme.
I suppose you could make the case for Dana Hill as Jerry (though it was no different than any of her other VA roles), but I really don't think Richard Kind was a good choice for Tom. There was just an odd disconnect for me whenever Tom spoke. That said, off the top of my head I don't know who would fit better, since the few times he did talk in the original shorts, it was always a different voice.

It did give us the money meme (along with the creepy guy stalking the camera) but a movie/show's worth shouldn't be judged on the memes it spawns. It should be able to stand on its own merits.

Mejo

Jukebox Bird
I don't think games era Ren and Stimpy is that bad. Some episodes are pretty slow and dull but there's a lot more talent in it than people think. I think season 2 R&S had a lot of pacing issues.
A lot of people on the internet agree with that sentiment lol (especially after the John K situation unfolded).

To me, while I do agree that the era does get a lot of unnecessary hate and that there are several wonderful segments in there (I Was a Teenage Stimpy for instance) the misses in that era do deserve a lot of the criticism they get (Dog Tags and Road Apples especially).

harry580

I feel like the hub network would succeed if hasbro wasn't half owner of it and instead someone like sony would be the half owner of it

aegisrawks

I need to say this. People constantly gush about Japanese animation... But Korea is also great. They've grown a lot and the animation can be just as amazing as Japan's. Studio Mir in Particular is a major standout, always pulling off amazing work. The only downside is that they are hired by American studios whose WRITING is extremely weak and paper thin. Only recently X-Men 98 truly did justice to it.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Toxic positivity is just as bad as toxic negativity. I understand that dwelling on the negativity is very unhealthy, and want to look on the bright side of things. However, dismissing the concerns and not acknowledging the downsides is also just as bad because without the bad, how can we get anything good? You have to take the good with the bad. And some cases, there are some criticism are legitimately valid. Don't get me wrong, your positive feelings are valid too, but don't dismiss the concerns as "hate" because the "hate" does have weight to it.

Sometimes, I just wish we live in a society that people can have a healthy balance of both of it's okay to be optimistic, but also acknowledging the downsides, and take it as learning experience of you can improve in the future.

Also, this is on a personal note, and I know this make me sound like a sensitive snowflake, but I don't like when people blasted at me for my opinions. It's okay if you disagree with me. It's okay if you correct me if I'm wrong. I'm 100% fine with that. As long as you are not being a complete stick up your ass jerk to me and have a mature, educated discussion, and not turned into a heated debate over complete nonsense, then I don't have a problem with you.

Things has been rough and stressful for me recently, and the last thing on my mind was people on here saying stupid nonsense that really make my skin crawl or people treat my opinions, even the ones that were logical and common sense, as they were invalid, and treat me I'm the crazy and stupid one.

Stuff like this drives me up a wall because I never wanted to start a flame war. I just wanted to have a conversation. But okay, I get it, I know my opinions is not going to change anyone's minds because that's just how internet is, but....at least TRY to understand what I'm coming from and not treat me like I'm crazy. That's all.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Endless positivity is the worst. It's devaluating to hear you have to "look on the bright side" when something awful has happened to you just an hour ago. As if your feelings don't matter unless they are positive.

On top of that, positivity is an excellent tool for manipulators. Nobody is going to believe a non-stop positive person is doing bad things.

A healthy person acknowledges both the ups and downs in life.

aegisrawks

Toxic positivity is just as bad as toxic negativity. I understand that dwelling on the negativity is very unhealthy, and want to look on the bright side of things. However, dismissing the concerns and not acknowledging the downsides is also just as bad because without the bad, how can we get anything good? You have to take the good with the bad. And some cases, there are some criticism are legitimately valid. Don't get me wrong, your positive feelings are valid too, but don't dismiss the concerns as "hate" because the "hate" does have weight to it.

Sometimes, I just wish we live in a society that people can have a healthy balance of both of it's okay to be optimistic, but also acknowledging the downsides, and take it as learning experience of you can improve in the future.

Also, this is on a personal note, and I know this make me sound like a sensitive snowflake, but I don't like when people blasted at me for my opinions. It's okay if you disagree with me. It's okay if you correct me if I'm wrong. I'm 100% fine with that. As long as you are not being a complete stick up your ass jerk to me and have a mature, educated discussion, and not turned into a heated debate over complete nonsense, then I don't have a problem with you.

Things has been rough and stressful for me recently, and the last thing on my mind was people on here saying stupid nonsense that really make my skin crawl or people treat my opinions, even the ones that were logical and common sense, as they were invalid, and treat me I'm the crazy and stupid one.

Stuff like this drives me up a wall because I never wanted to start a flame war. I just wanted to have a conversation. But okay, I get it, I know my opinions is not going to change anyone's minds because that's just how internet is, but....at least TRY to understand what I'm coming from and not treat me like I'm crazy. That's all.
This is such a great post. I really agree with it. Sorry if I ever engaged in this.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Endless positivity is the worst. It's devaluating to hear you have to "look on the bright side" when something awful has happened to you just an hour ago. As if your feelings don't matter unless they are positive.

On top of that, positivity is an excellent tool for manipulators. Nobody is going to believe a non-stop positive person is doing bad things.

A healthy person acknowledges both the ups and downs in life.
Exactly. All of us in life goes through the good times AND the bad times, not just one over the other.
This is such a great post. I really agree with it. Sorry if I ever engaged in this.
That's okay, dude. We're cool. :)

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
This is less an unpopular opinion rather than interesting trivia.

I heard from TV Tropes that ''City that Cannot Breathe'' short story from the Further Adventures of Batman anthology series was pitched as a Batman TAS episode by Will Murray, but a busy production schedule means Bruce Timm didn't call Murray back until it was too late.

I actually hope that the Eyes of Wakanda animated project at Disney takes ideas from the recent Black Panther: Tales of Wakanda anthology book, it has a lot of interesting stories set throughout history dealing with Wakanda.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts