Unconventional or unpopular opinions you have (re: animation)

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I don't really care about Crayon Shin-chan, to be honest with you since I wonder if there are anyone here who also aren't into this anime.
That anime always sucked for me - Real anime, last time I checked anyway (since I otherwise prefer American & European stuff over Japanese Fare, as it is!), was far & far more mature than that noise - especially given my exposure to Gundam, for an example of what I'm getting at, honestly & unfortunately enough.

Although, outside of the really popular stuff, there's way too much Immature out there that's worse than Crayon Shin-Chan - you, me, & most of us just haven't willingly put ourselves in front of it, yet - again, willingly so, YET.

Classic Speedy

Boogie oogie oogie
Staff member
Reporter
I loved the show at first but the purposefully edgy humor of the rewritten dub started to lose its novelty/freshness after a while. They only dubbed around seventy episodes and when it was over I was like, "Yup, that's plenty."

Pooky

Staff member
I didn't like the Funimation dub but really like the Vitello dub and the films I've seen subbed. I don't deny it's immature, but I certainly wouldn't say it's not "real anime", if anything I wish there were a broader perception of Anime and that shows like Shin Chan, Doraemon, Lupin even Astro Boy etc were better recognised in Europe and America (I know they are popular in *some* European countries).

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I know this isn't really unpopular but dubs are good. Dubs are life. I watch most stuff subbed but I really like dubs.
Same as there are great anime films ad series that have got a English dub with one example being the Studio Ghibli films.
I loved the show at first but the purposefully edgy humor of the rewritten dub started to lose its novelty/freshness after a while. They only dubbed around seventy episodes and when it was over I was like, "Yup, that's plenty."
Yeah and it just put me off after watching it on Fox Kids UK back in 2004.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel

Yeah and it just put me off after watching it on Fox Kids UK back in 2004.
You two are not talking about the same dub.

In my opinion, the Vitello (Fox Kids) dub is translated perfectly.

Francisque

Endless positivity is the worst. It's devaluating to hear you have to "look on the bright side" when something awful has happened to you just an hour ago. As if your feelings don't matter unless they are positive.

On top of that, positivity is an excellent tool for manipulators. Nobody is going to believe a non-stop positive person is doing bad things.

A healthy person acknowledges both the ups and downs in life.
Oh yes, definitely!

People need to be understand that one can't be happy all the time, being a bit sad is part of the human being and is even cathartic
Moreover, this positive-at-all-cost people like to simplify actual problems regarding domestic violence (even verbal one) and so on, with their "always smile" approach

I'm tired of that: the good thing is keeping a balance

harry580

I think the decision to have kids go on YouTube & roblox in hindsight is bad, I mean, they going to make famous people villains (never forget edp445, misterobvious, notive & cosmodore)

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Unpopular opinion: I hate Toy Story 4 more than Cars 2.

Don't get wrong, Cars 2 is complete ass. Mater is so obnoxious in that film and the whole mystery plot was so predictable, and lame, but here's the thing. I'm not a big fan of the Cars franchise anyways. As a kid, I thought was just kinda boring. Yes, the visuals looks pretty, but I just didn't really for characters and the writing was subpar and bland. Hell, I prefer Mattel's Hot Wheels over Disney's Hot Wheels.

With that said, Cars didn't left an impact on me as much as Toy Story does. Despite how terrible Cars 2 was, at least the international race concept was actually interesting. And I know I'm being too nice to a god-awful paycheck kids flick, at least Cars 2 didn't piss me off as much as Toy Story 4 does.

Toy Story 4, man....(sigh) Look, I was against Toy Story 4 since Day 1. Being a "romantic comedy" was enough for me to put my foot and say "NO! " Toy Story 3 is such a God-tier perfect ending that you can never topped that.

But reluctantly, I did see it when it came out, and at first I didn't think it was as bad as thought it was. Then, as the years went on, the more I think about it, the more I begin to hate it.

The reason why I hate Toy Story 4 was because it contradicts Woody's character from the previous films. Yes, Woody was a bit of a jerk at first, but at least he understand that you can still be loved by your owner, especially a child. Just because your being outclass by the new kid (Buzz Lightyear) that doesn't mean your old news. Hell, Buzz called Woody out in Toy Story 2 for the exact reason. In Toy Story 3, Woody told Lotso the Hugging Bear that you can still be loved by your kid, but of course , we all know that turned out for Lotso.

In Toy Story 4, Woody just forget everything what happens in the previous films, and just simping for Bo Peep. No shade on Bo Peep, but I don't feel their relationship between her and Woody. Their relationship lasted for 20 seconds in the previous films, and that's it. It just feels disingenuous.

Another thing I hated about Toy Story 4, is that Andy told Bonnie to take care of the toys while he's out in college. As opposed to 4, Bonnie doesn't give a damn. She made Forky as her new BFF, and screw Woody and rest of the gang. Yeah, I get it, she's a kid and all, but come on! Even I as a kid, I would never forget my toys, and I always looking for them. So the fact that Bonnie just left Woody and the gang behind like that just pisses me off. I mean, shoot, Andy was looking out for the toys in Toy Story 3 the entire time. He wouldn't just abandoned them on purpose.

God, I can go on and on about Toy Story 4, but I'm just not a big fan of this cash grab lol I hope Toy Story 5 can fix a lot of the problems from Toy Story 4, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

aegisrawks

Don't get wrong, Cars 2 is complete ass. Mater is so obnoxious in that film and the whole mystery plot was so predictable, and lame, but here's the thing. I'm not a big fan of the Cars franchise anyways. As a kid, I thought was just kinda boring. Yes, the visuals looks pretty, but I just didn't really for characters and the writing was subpar and bland. Hell, I prefer Mattel's Hot Wheels over Disney's Hot Wheels.

With that said, Cars didn't left an impact on me as much as Toy Story does. Despite how terrible Cars 2 was, at least the international race concept was actually interesting. And I know I'm being too nice to a god-awful paycheck kids flick, at least Cars 2 didn't piss me off as much as Toy Story 4 does.

Toy Story 4, man....(sigh) Look, I was against Toy Story 4 since Day 1. Being a "romantic comedy" was enough for me to put my foot and say "NO! " Toy Story 3 is such a God-tier perfect ending that you can never topped that.

But reluctantly, I did see it when it came out, and at first I didn't think it was as bad as thought it was. Then, as the years went on, the more I think about it, the more I begin to hate it.

The reason why I hate Toy Story 4 was because it contradicts Woody's character from the previous films. Yes, Woody was a bit of a jerk at first, but at least he understand that you can still be loved by your owner, especially a child. Just because your being outclass by the new kid (Buzz Lightyear) that doesn't mean your old news. Hell, Buzz called Woody out in Toy Story 2 for the exact reason. In Toy Story 3, Woody told Lotso the Hugging Bear that you can still be loved by your kid, but of course , we all know that turned out for Lotso.

In Toy Story 4, Woody just forget everything what happens in the previous films, and just simping for Bo Peep. No shade on Bo Peep, but I don't feel their relationship between her and Woody. Their relationship lasted for 20 seconds in the previous films, and that's it. It just feels disingenuous.

Another thing I hated about Toy Story 4, is that Andy told Bonnie to take care of the toys while he's out in college. As opposed to 4, Bonnie doesn't give a damn. She made Forky as her new BFF, and screw Woody and rest of the gang. Yeah, I get it, she's a kid and all, but come on! Even I as a kid, I would never forget my toys, and I always looking for them. So the fact that Bonnie just left Woody and the gang behind like that just pisses me off. I mean, shoot, Andy was looking out for the toys in Toy Story 3 the entire time. He wouldn't just abandoned them on purpose.

God, I can go on and on about Toy Story 4, but I'm just not a big fan of this cash grab lol I hope Toy Story 5 can fix a lot of the problems from Toy Story 4, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Oh god this is just so awesome.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.

The fact that there's a Toy Story 4 at all, let alone a Toy Story 5 coming soon == a tragedy in itself. 3 of them was enough. More than so, given the 3rd one was the best one, in the end.
As for Cars (& its spinoff, Planes) as a thing in general from Pixar - UGH. MEMORY HOLE AWAY. THE END.

Mejo

Ada-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-beddy-ya!

You'll be surprised at how many people I know would agree with you about that (GamingMagic13 for one :p). Toy Story 4 has really been trashed on so much over these last few years online, despite how well received it is by critics (heck I know some people actually compared it to Ralph Breaks the Internet in terms of quality!).

As for my own thoughts on both movies, Cars 2 is pretty weak (it’s only fitting that John Lasseter tried to defend that one: Pixar's John Lasseter defends CARS 2 - Autoblog) though slightly better than some other Pixar movies (Good Dinosaur anyone?) but Toy Story 4, though it doesn’t really justify it own existence that much, is not nearly as good as the previous 3 movies and I do agree that I don’t really like parts of it (like that ending) is pretty good for what it is (and I bet we can both agree that it’s better than Lightyear lol).

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
You'll be surprised at how many people I know would agree with you about that (GamingMagic13 for one :p).
Huh. Well, never mind then. :p
Toy Story 4 has really been trashed on so much over these last few years online, despite how well received it is by critics (heck I know some people actually compared it to Ralph Breaks the Internet in terms of quality!).
Then again, critics don't deserve to have creditability when they are the same people trashed on The Super Mario Bros Movie, so...
(it’s only fitting that John Lasseter tried to defend that one: Pixar's John Lasseter defends CARS 2 - Autoblog)
John Lasseter doesn't deserved to be defended....
though slightly better than some other Pixar movies (Good Dinosaur anyone?)
I don't know. The Good Dinosaur is such a fever dream in of itself, but I wouldn't called that better than Cars 2.
I do agree that I don’t really like parts of it (like that ending) is pretty good for what it is
Fair enough.
(and I bet we can both agree that it’s better than Lightyear lol).
Eh, maybe, but that's not saying much. Okay, let's not give Toy Story 4 that much creditability lol

(But to be fair, I never watched Lightyear, but from the looks of it, I'm not interested.)

Mejo

Ada-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-beddy-ya!
Then again, critics don't deserve to have creditability when they are the same people trashed on The Super Mario Bros Movie, so...
This meme really shows how dumb the “critics don’t deserve credibility” statement is:
IMG_1163.png

I don't know. The Good Dinosaur is such a fever dream in of itself, but I wouldn't called that better than Cars 2.
Oh no, I was saying that Cars 2 is better than The Good Dinosaur.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So in case some of you didn't realise yet, those of you that know me from YouTube probably saw that today is a very bad day for me.
Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.

Featured Posts