Untitled Regular Show project

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
Not sure how to feel about this one. On the one hand, it’ll feature new characters, so it seems to be doing its own thing. However, Regular Show’s ending was perfect and I feel bringing it back would ruin the impact the finale had. I’m interested in seeing this new iteration, but I would have preferred a sequel series if they had to bring it back.

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
Staff member
I hope "Untitled Regular Show project" remains the name of it, and that it gets eventually moved to Adult Swim it seems a bit like something they'd do.

As the resident "I think the Regular Show finale was just decent at best" guy, I'm glad to see a return of TV content involving it.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Oh wow. Regular Show is getting a new spinoff. x.com
Yay-yuh! Regular Show is back, baby!

Yeah, it sucks that Close Enough got completely screwed over from the start, but at least more Regular Show will make up for it.

I'm actually quite curious what the new characters will be.
Not sure how to feel about this one. On the one hand, it’ll feature new characters, so it seems to be doing its own thing. However, Regular Show’s ending was perfect and I feel bringing it back would ruin the impact the finale had. I’m interested in seeing this new iteration, but I would have preferred a sequel series if they had to bring it back.
Yeah, I can understand that concern. I do hope the new series is a Fionna and Cake-esque sequel series that take place 25 years later of the original.

Eldorado

Just recently I was thinking that if Close Enough wasn't coming back then a new Regular Show project is the only thing JG Quintel can do since I can't think of any show that he can do that's different than the past two shows he's done.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Just recently I was thinking that if Close Enough wasn't coming back then a new Regular Show project is the only thing JG Quintel can do since I can't think of any show that he can do that's different than the past two shows he's done.
Yeah, you're most likely right. Regular Show is JG Quintal's biggest hit show he has ever created, so of course WB is going to capitalized on it.

As much as I love Close Enough and I do want to see this show to last much longer, but sadly this show's treatment goes against its survival. Had Close Enough be on Adult Swim instead of TBS in 2017, things would've been a lot different.

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
I’m not really a fan of Regular Show, but I would be on board with a remake for Adult Swim. Honestly, I felt like Regular Show felt like an AS series that somehow came to CN.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I miss Close Enough but Regular Show has been one of my favorite Cartoon Network shows. I get that it had the perfect ending but I’m interested as JG Quintel is returning. I would like it to take place during the 25 year timeskip shown during the ending that shows Mordecai and Rigby after their work at the park similar to Dragon Ball Super taking place during Dragon Ball Z’s timeskip at the end of that series.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts