Very obscure animated movie I’m trying to identify and find?

GreenblattBloomers

Hey everyone! How’s it going!

So this is my first post here, and I’m hoping it helps me figure this out. I posted this on Reddit as well, and this also seemed like a good place to look for answers.

So there’s a kids movie that I remember seeing advertised in a magazine, and I’m pretty sure I saw at least part of it at some point. I saw it sometime between 1999 and 2002, but it definitely could’ve been older.

Here’s the list of details I remember,

1. Was probably made for tv/direct to video, considering it’s probably pretty obscure.

2. It was animated, kind of looked like an 80s anime or something inspired by that.

3. The main character was a little girl, who I think was an orphan that lived with her grandma or something.

4. Said grandma is gone for a while, and the girl somehow goes to a fantasy/pretend world.

5. She’s accompanied by either a dog or Bear or some sort. Possibly a living toy a la Winnie the Pooh

6. There’s a train they ride on.

7. There’s a storm scene which is pretty intense and basically the climax.

8. I’m pretty sure it was advertised in one of my mom’s parenting magazines that I found and flipped through.

Anyone have any idea what this could be?

It’s not a Studio Ghibli movie! It might be an anime of some sort, or it might be a western animated movie influenced by anime in the visuals. A couple Redditors suggested that idea, but it’s definitely not that.

Suggested answers included,

Spirited Away,

My Neighbor Totoro,

Nemo, Adventures in Slumberland,

The really old anime version of Heidi,

All Dogs go to Heaven,

The Rescuers,

Polar Express,

If you have any ideas, it’s not any of those movies!

I know if I saw the print ad and/or the actual movie, I’d instantly recognize it!

Last edited:

CookieS

Do you mind sharing the incorrect movies the Redditors shared so that we don't guess the same ones?

CookieS

Have you tried doing a Google image search for "Animated movie 2001 magazine ad" and so on with all the years? It may be easier to see the visual.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts