Voice work by Tedd Pierce in "Major Lied 'Til Dawn"?

Steve Carras

SUGAR RUSH!!!!
Sogturtle said:

Steve~

I personally never said that Cliff Nazarro did Egghead's voice... I think Graham Webb, Ware and Scott have proved conclusively that Mr. Danny Webb/Dave Weber was Egghead's usual voice (though Ware and Webb are to blame for the widespread notion of Nazarro as Egghead, thanks to an ancient Funnyworld article). On "Count Me Out", Graham Webb credits Dave Weber, Mel Blanc and Tex Avery(!) for voices... (Since Egghead was Tex's character why not moonlight as a voice to oversee their use of the character...)
Well, I never accused you of crdited ANYONE with Eggy'svoice..
At this juncture I should probably mention that Dave Weber worked alongside Cliff Nazarro on AT LEAST 6 different cartoons at 4 different cartoon studios... With that in mind it brings up the question... Could they possibly imitate each other...?!?! (perspiring minds want to know ;) ) Lastly on Dave/Danny, as a voice artist he was EXTREMELY PROLIFIC... For the 1938 release year he seems to have all but abandoned radio, the guy turned up in OVER 35 cartoons that year alone at 6 different cartoon studios!!! :eek: :eek: [Great-horny-toadies!!! the guy must've been living in the cartoon studios (ala John McLeish?? :p ]

Since you've brought up the subject of "Egghead Rides Again"... Ever notice how the one cowboy sounds very suspiciously like character actor Dub Taylor?? I've always discounted that possibility buuuuuuut since Taylor's film work seems to have commenced about 1937-38 it would indeed be very possible... (And NO, Graham Webb does not list Dub Taylor in the voice credits).

[/quote]Well, I never said you credited Nazzaroo as Egghead, and I wouldn't recognzie Taylor's voice (The Disney RESCUERS movie'sthe only cartoon I know of him doing any voice work..)..

Tedd's middle name was actually part of his wealthy family's last name heritage, but whether he ever got kidded about it is open to question (maybe actor Stacy Keach could be asked ;) ). Fellow Warner writer (and Jay Ward writer/voice) Bill Scott recalled Tedd (on at least one occasion) coming in to work showing signs of having had the bejeebers beat out of him (as my memory serves)... Was Tedd caught in flagrant delecto by an angry boyfriend??? Was Tedd teased about the "Stacy" in his name???

As to the beloved Johnny Cash's (God rest his soul) twisted song "A Boy Named Sue", it even has cartoon/comic connections... It was written by (the late) Shel(by) Silverstein, cartoonist, beloved children's author, pal of Hugh Hefner and country music writer(!!) (he also wrote "Harper Valley P.T.A." and my ultimate crackup song "Put Another Log On The Fire".). As well as the funniest satire ever of a children's book... "Uncle Shelby's A To Z Book" (at the time he was a very young, warped man :p ). Most men that I've ever known with girls names (like the subject of the Cash song) are pretty darn rough and macho (I've known/or known of guys named "Vivian", "Cleo", "Lois" "Vestel" (occupations... Marines, oil-field workers, construction workers etc.) [Of course despite his occasional cross-disguising, Bugs is a pretty macho little gray rabbit].

As to my "once-planned SEPARATE TOPIC of various talents at various studios", I've given serious consideration of that or even creating a little web-site of such... Not sure which is the best way to go... I've thus far assembled very lengthy filmographies of a LOT of the cartoon voice-folk (of course based/extracted from the research of Ware, Webb, Scott as well as our various board members here and what my own ears tell me...) "Suggestions Mr. Spock?" ;)
[/QUOTE]HArper Valley PTA was written by Tom T.Hall.

Sogturtle

Sophmoric Member ;o)
Steve Carras said:
HArper Valley PTA was written by Tom T.Hall.

Steve~

Yep you're right and it sounds like I NEED Gingko Biloba!!! ;) :p (Shows what happens when ya can't get to your old 45's and ya don't think to run a search to be sure of authorship!!). Sorry for my error! :eek:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts