Warner Bros. Discovery in 2024 predictions

Asa

• The unaired episodes of Dexter’s Laboratory, Ed, Edd, n Eddy, and Courage the Cowardly Dog finally air on Checkered Past
  • David Zaslav exiting Warner Bros. Discovery (this one is a maybe)
  • Reruns of Totally Spies and Total Drama return to Cartoon Network to promote the two new seasons (season seven for the former, and the two new Island seasons for the latter).
  • Cartoon Network finally announcing release dates for new Totally Spies and new Total Drama seasons
  • Teen Titans GO!’s series finale announced (again, a maybe)
  • Some more classic CN shows join Checkered Past
  • Some canceled projects might finally see the light of day
  • The Day Earth Blew Up! A Looney Tunes Movie trailer released
  • Total Drama’s future after season 6b is released
  • The Amazing World of Gumball’s movie release date is announced

awinger24

I would like Pepé Le Pew to be used again. And Eric Bauza needs to confirm that the skunk is not erased or given the death knoll. I just want to see him again, that’s all. A three year absence is long enough.

ThePharaohZ

Only one prediction from me and it's Zaslav leaving WBD.
I second this. How he hasn't been given the boot yet is beyond me. He's probably the most damaging thing to ever happen to the company in recent years. When other execs are coming forward and saying that you are bad for business, you need to go. He's screwing with the company's bottom line. It's only a matter of time before he's kicked to the curb.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
I would like Pepé Le Pew to be used again. And Eric Bauza needs to confirm that the skunk is not erased or given the death knoll. I just want to see him again, that’s all. A three year absence is long enough.
A wish isn't the same as a prediction. Also, Eric Bauza is just a voice actor, he's not a director, a producer or an executive. He doesn't make any executive decisions for Warner Bros.

awinger24

I second this. How he hasn't been given the boot yet is beyond me. He's probably the most damaging thing to ever happen to the company in recent years. When other execs are coming forward and saying that you are bad for business, you need to go. He's screwing with the company's bottom line. It's only a matter of time before he's kicked to the curb.
Most of WBD's board of directors are from Discovery, yet 70% is owned by AT&T investors.

My predictions.

- New episodes of Bugs Bunny Builders and Tiny Toons Looniversity.
- An announcement of a new Looney Tunes spin-off.
- Pepé Le Pew makes a return in some capacity.
- Daffy in Wackyland and other lost Looney Tunes Cartoons shorts finally see the light of day.

[/B]Mod Note: Double post merged

Last edited by a moderator:

Ace

Ace
For Cartoon Network:

- at least one new series they've announced years prior finally airs because it's getting harder to defend the lack of content as of late. Either Total Drama or Invincible Fight Girl. Although one of these might never air or air on adult swim instead.

-Gumball appears but probably later in the year.

For WBD in general:

-The DC reboot won't receive it's desired effect.

-The Porky and Daffy movie will do decently or well enough.

-Honestly seems hard to predict what will happen inside the company itself but if the MAX streaming platform continues to bleed subs I think many more people might lose confidence in Zaslav. Might be the straw the breaks the camels back.

SpongieLoud

Bingo Bango!
Here’s my predictions! It’s a lot

TBS:
-American Dad ends after this next ordered season wraps up.
-New seasons of The Cube, Wipeout, & more variety/game shows.

TNT:
Reruns of HBO/Max content
More Sports based content & originals
More syndicated dramas joining lineup

TruTV:
Becomes a channel solely on reruns of WBD programs and older WB sitcoms. (Even AS shows airing)
Will air reruns of TBS originals to fulfill any obligated contracts to air some sort of original series.

Max:
-More channel hubs coming.
-More Discovery Plus programs coming to Max
-Some programs that left Max will return. While some shows will leave. It would be more like a rotation of content being added and removed from the service.
-More partnerships with niche streamers like AMC+ Picks on Max. Maybe even as an add on like Hulu & Prime.
-More live channels on the platform.

-Cartoon Network
Iyanu debuts in Spring 2024
Totally Spies debuts Summer 2024
Invincible Fight Girl debuts Fall 2024
Tom & Jerry (Short form series from Asia) debuts Summer 2024
Gumball Season 7 debuts Early Summer 2024
Total Drama Island debuts Early 2024 as a Max exclusive (with both seasons dropping)
Hero Mode debuts Early 2024 as a Max Exclusive
Gremlins: Secret of Mogwai airs reruns to promote the next season.
-New Ben 10 live action movie announced alongside a new adult animated series for Max.
-New Tom & Jerry series from Looney Tunes Cartoons crew orders for CN & Max.
-New Scooby Doo project. A continuation of Mystery Inc or whole new show

-Adult Swim
Scavengers Reign, Clone High, Ten Year Old Tom S2, Velma, & Fired on Mars all gets a linear premiere.
Fionna andCake & Young Love get linear premieres during evening hours & gets an airing on ACME Night.
More shows join Checkered Past including Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack (CN seasons)

-Cartoonito
Huge changes for this brand in the US.
Relaunches exclusively as a hub for Max in Early Spring. These select shows will finally premiere around that time.
-Bea’s Block
-Builder Brothers (Property Brothers Kid Show)
-More Moonbug Shows
-More Sesame Street
-Toad & Friends
-Lu & The Bally Bunch
-Silly Sundays
-Interstellar Ella
-Unannounced projects for the relaunch

-Bugs Bunny Builders & Mecha Builders renewed for Season 2.
-Partnership with Sesame Workshop extended.
-Barney’s World & Hop premieres Fall 2024
-Fireman Sam gets picked up for Max
-New Preschool shows produced but with other studios. CNS & WBA won’t make any new shows specifically for preschool now that CN in general is a younger skewing brand now.
-Cartoonito becomes a block on Discovery Family during the 6a-4p hours.
-The Cartoonito block on CN looses the Cartoonito branding for good. But preschool shows will still air during the hours.

Boomerang
-App finally shuts down mid 2024 becomes a hub on Max
-TV channel gets new branding
-Newer iterations of classics join such as Tom & Jerry (2023), Tom & Jerry In NY, & Looney Tunes Cartoons.
-Expanded carriage such as YouTube TV

Discovery Family
-New classics join such as A Pup Named Scooby Doo, Monchhichis
-Reruns of Cartoonito programming

Miscellaneous:
-Powerpuff Girls & Foster’s Home reboot officially picked up for Max
-Coyote vs. Acme gets distributed by Paramount Pictures aiming a Summer 2024 release
-Bye, Bye, Bunny goes to Amazon

DeanBurrito25

Predictions:
  • Coyote vs. Acme gets a limited theatrical release by Paramount before going to streaming.
  • The Looney Tunes movie "The Day The Earth Blew Up" also gets a limited theatrical release, though to a warm reception.
  • We hear some more news about Cartoon Network's new "Cartoon Cartoons" shorts program and it injects some much needed original programming into the Network (please).
  • Despite sharing the same building, CN Studios and WB Animation will co-exist fine.
  • Max gets yet another name change, frustrating investors once more.
Guarantees:
  • David Zaslav does something stupid.

awinger24

Predictions:
  • Coyote vs. Acme gets a limited theatrical release by Paramount before going to streaming.
  • The Looney Tunes movie "The Day The Earth Blew Up" also gets a limited theatrical release, though to a warm reception.
  • We hear some more news about Cartoon Network's new "Cartoon Cartoons" shorts program and it injects some much needed original programming into the Network (please).
  • Despite sharing the same building, CN Studios and WB Animation will co-exist fine.
  • Max gets yet another name change, frustrating investors once more.
Guarantees:
  • David Zaslav does something stupid.
I think the Porky and Daffy gets picked up by an indie/mini-major distributor for wide release (1,500-3,000 screens). It gets positive response and does a decent job at the box office.

J10

My prediction for the last day before the new year:

• Few months after OSN revives CN on its platform, CN MENA gets closed down and replaced by a GMT+3 timeshifted signal of CN Africa, similar fate as Disney Channel Scandinavia and Nickelodeon Poland (after moving license to Czechia, and becoming like MTV Commercial), and Malta gets the signal too. On the same day, CN Arabic converts from SD to HD.
  • HBO Europe s.r.o building gets closed down and layoffs would happen, with operations moving to Munich, Benelux, and London.
  • TCM Greece and TNT Africa gets replaced by Warner TV.
  • Pastel from CN enters EMEA region, starting spring or fall, getting great look.
  • Türkiye’s Original, Karl Sakir, produced by Cartoon Network Türkiye, gets removed from CN Arabic, following Saudi comments on Facebook and Instagram, and replaces slots with different programs, which hasn’t aired years ago, due to Turkcell’s Super Cup getting cancelled and postponed.
  • Paramount merger won’t happen because of Antitrust in the US Courts, or due to failing in negotiations and hearing of huge layoffs in the US and not for international operations.
  • Boomerang Thailand gets rebranded to CN Thai (with Pastel branding being shown on the screen).
  • Dutch/Benelux team is created for the kids channels in the EMEA region (excluding Nordics and GAS/DACH countries, and also UK/Ireland market).

Last edited:

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts