Is WarnerDiscovery going to kill Cartoon Network?

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
On a completely unrelated topic, John Harwood was fired from CNN today. Or is it unrelated after all? I'm telling you this crap isn't about money. And it also hasn't stopped despite WD being in full CYA mode.
Well, if Zaslav and his team truly have a self-serving agenda, it will fail. If or when a significant number of viewers stop supporting the WBD owned stations, the higher-ups will take notice. However, we could be treading into some deep water here. I think that we should keep this discussion solely about Cartoon Network.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
On a completely unrelated topic, John Harwood was fired from CNN today. Or is it unrelated after all? I'm telling you this crap isn't about money. And it also hasn't stopped despite WD being in full CYA mode.
As long as Cartoon Network remains intact and doesn't get homogenized and the talent working on our favorite WB animated properties are treated fairly and properly compensated for their work, then I really don't care what Zaslav does to CNN, as I don't watch cable news. As was stated previously, if he's truly attempting to declare war on the culture, he's going to lose. The diverse crowd generates too much ad revenue for him to write them off. If Zaslav has to learn this lesson the hard way, then so be it.

But I agree with @Goldstar!, it's probably best to keep this about Cartoon Network. We're running the risk of getting political here.

Last edited:

cartoonnetworkpoke

As long as Cartoon Network remains intact and doesn't get homogenized and the talent working on our favorite WB animated properties are treated fairly and properly compensated for their work, then I really don't care what Zaslav does to CNN, as I don't watch cable news. As was stated previously, if he's truly attempting to declare war on the culture, he's going to lose. The diverse crowd generates too much ad revenue for him to write them off. If Zaslav has to learn this lesson the hard way, then so be it.

But I agree with @Goldstar!, it's probably to keep this about Cartoon Network. We're running the risk of getting political here.
Another thing I want to point out is that WBD is probably gonna buy up BT sport in the Uk and Ireland. This would them turn them into the biggest sports provider in the British isles. This would make them bigger than Sky sports lmao. Stuff like that could delay things when it comes to animation. I'm interested to see if WBD tries to acquire the Tennis channel from Sinclair. This is because the BT deal would give them more coverage of certain Tennis events.

Not only that but Discovery bought Scripps Networks four years ago. They owned Magnolia Network, Food Network, HGTV, and Travel Channel. The channels have been ran successfully and are still getting good ratings so maybe this could be a good sign for CN in the end.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Not only that but Discovery bought Scripps Networks four years ago. They owned Magnolia Network, Food Network, HGTV, and Travel Channel. The channels have been ran successfully and are still getting good ratings so maybe this could be a good sign for CN in the end.
Maybe, but I’m not going to get my hopes up at this point. (shurgs)

• Agree
Reactions: Moe

Moe

Maybe, but I’m not going to get my hopes up at this point. (shurgs)
Same here, CN is going to join with Nick as lost cause.

I went from LOVE Nick and CN in 1993 to dislike both channels today.

My dad know that I was happy with Rocko's Modern Life, Doug and Rugrats, Guts, Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple and What Would You Do?, and as for CN, Looney Tunes, Droppy, Jonny Quest, Flintstones, Tom and Jerry, Super Friends and Yogi Bear.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I think what Warner Bros. Discovery is planning to do is to make another steaming service, in addition to the combined HBO Max/Discovery Plus one, that features nothing but animation (shows, movies, shorts) for both kids and for adults from Cartoon Network, Warner Bros., Adult Swim, and some third-party providers. It could be called either "Tooncast" or "ToonMax".

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I think what Warner Bros. Discovery is planning to do is to make another steaming service, in addition to the combined HBO Max/Discovery Plus one, that features nothing but animation (shows, movies, shorts) for both kids and for adults from Cartoon Network, Warner Bros., Adult Swim, and some third-party providers. It could be called either "Tooncast" or "ToonMax".
You have absolutely no evidence of that. Not to mention any such venture would be doomed to failure. It would also be bad for consumers who would be paying more money for less content.

Moe

You have absolutely no evidence of that. Not to mention any such venture would be doomed to failure. It would also be bad for consumers who would be paying more money for less content.
Discovery isn't transparent with plan to replace HBO Max. :(

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I was making an opinion/guess.

SuperSuck64

Misanthrope Supreme
Probably. Because executives are idiots and determined to destroy everything that doesn't make them enough money.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
They're not. This hoax has been debunked a while ago.

There's going to be a panel at Comic Con on October 9th, detailing CN's future, meaning it has one. WBD wouldn't go through the trouble of assembling a panel if they were just going to pull the plug. CN is a global brand, people. Not even Zaslav can shut down a global brand. Nor would that make any sense, since Zaslav is a TV guy.

Come on, folks. Let's stop with the Bad Luck Shleprock routine. Can we please desist with the gloom and doom already?

Last edited:

Corwin Haught

CN will exist for some time; I dare say that their carriage contracts will be renewed for at least one cycle. This will be for about 4 or 5 (?) years past the current contracts, and after that I couldn't say to due the ongoing upheaval in the entire pay TV sector.

cartoonnetworkpoke

They're not. This hoax has been debunked a while ago.

There's going to be a panel at Comic Con on October 9th, detailing CN's future, meaning it has one. WBD wouldn't go through the trouble of assembling a panel if they were just going to pull the plug. CN is a global brand, people. Not even Zaslav can shut down a global brand. Nor would that make any sense, since Zaslav is a TV guy.

Come on, folks. Let's stop with the Bad Luck Shleprock routine. Can we please desist with the gloom and doom already?
I wonder if there is gonna be a stream on what they are going to showcase

SuperSuck64

Misanthrope Supreme
I predict said future is gonna be nothing but more Teen Titans Go/Gumball reruns with maybe one or two reboots we never asked for nor do we need.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
CN will take notes from Adult Swim. It won't go away, but adapt more. But also I feel like they will autopilot. The marathons have already spread to the European feed where you have daily, especially on weekends, several hours of a few shows.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Wonder why Nickelodeon still shows We Make Fun version 1 promo even though version 2 has been updated this year?
Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.

Featured Posts