WBD shuts down Rooster Teeth…

Moe

Please somebody tell me this is not true. If that's true, will somebody please answer this question:

Was this due to the fact Rooster Teeth didn't perform well in its recent years?

P. S. I bet Yashahime was canceled by WBD, too.
Whoa, you think Zaslav is saint.

Rooster Teeth posted their announcement that they are shutting down.
Dear Rooster Teeth,

Since our founders created and uploaded their first video on the then-called World Wide Web in 2003, Rooster Teeth has been a source of creativity, laughter, and lasting innovation in the wildly volatile media industry.

We’ve read the headlines about industry-wide layoffs and closures, and you’ve heard me give my perspective and updates on the rapidly changing state of media and entertainment during each of our monthly All Hands meetings.

Since inheriting ownership and control of Rooster Teeth from AT&T following its acquisition of TimeWarner, Warner Bros. Discovery continued its investment in our company, content and community. Now however, it’s with a heavy heart I announce that Rooster Teeth is shutting down due to challenges facing digital media resulting from fundamental shifts in consumer behavior and monetization across platforms, advertising, and patronage.

Please note, the Roost team is not currently impacted by this action as the Roost Podcast Network will continue operating and fulfilling its obligations while WBD evaluates outside interest in acquiring this growing asset.

We have many questions to answer in the coming days and weeks, and the opportunity to work together to implement the best way to wind things down for us and our community. We’re working through what comes next in real time, and we will be as open, direct, and accessible as possible. Thank you all in advance for your patience and support of one another.

Let's take a moment to celebrate our 21-year contribution to the zeitgeist, advancing creativity and outlasting many of our peers from the early days of online video and digital-first content.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Zaslav's legacy: Killing shows and movies that people wanted (or may have wanted) to see to enrich himself.

Some legacy.

toonatic#_#

I did try getting into RWBY a couple of years ago (I think I only got to Book 3 or something), but other than that I don't really care about Rooster Teeth. Still annoying that they shut it down though.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Light Lucario

Staff member
Honestly, as bad as Zaslav is, I don't know if I'd blame him entirely for this decision. Rooster Teeth has had a pretty rough history of terrible work environment. I've also heard that they haven't been profitable in years, which if true would sadly explain quite a bit. It's still a shame that a lot of people are going to lose their jobs, but this might have been inevitable even before Zaslav came into the picture.

Aside from gen:Lock, I haven't watched any of their other shows. I've heard of RWYB, but never really saw it either.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Rooster Teeth posted a (not yet) goodbye livestream.

Following the news on Wednesday about Rooster Teeth shutting down over the next few months, employees from all around the company came together on Thursday for a public livestream with the community. A very real moment where everyone was able to share their piece; on screen and through chat. Questions and clarifications were answered throughout about what this means for content and the future of so many people and channels and more at Rooster Teeth. This is not a goodbye stream, we will be doing more of these and look forward to sharing it with you all.

harry580

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
RT sent an Email to its userbase. The site is shutting down May 15.

J3JGG1Z.jpeg

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Watching that montage just reminds me how little of Rooster Teeth's output I've watched. About all I've seen is when RWBY crossed over with the Justice League.

TsWade2

I'm not interested with Rooster Teeth, but that is devastating. That Zaslav guy has to go!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts