Warner Bros. Discovery News & Discussion Thread

Moe

If there is other corporation buying WB, I hope for split WB and Discovery again.

I will definitely trash the Discovery if I have opportunity to do out of revenge for used tax write-off on WB cartoons.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Hey, guys. Take a look at this bag of tricks.

It's a good thing that they have a large collection of animated series that are still available on their site to promote instead of doing something stupid like writing off multiple kid shows in a pathetic attempt to seemingly get money. Oh wait. It's almost as if that strategy was shortsighted, needlessly burned bridges with creative staffs, gnored one of the selling points of WB's library in the first place and did more harm than good in the long run.

dmxx116

The government shouldn’t give David Zaslav Tax Relief for his incompetence as a CEO, I don’t see other studios doing this crap that Zaslav is doing this needs to be illegal.

The government got better things to do with the people money then to help out a CEO who can’t even run a movie studio correctly that his problem.

Last edited:

Moe

The government shouldn’t give David Zaslav Tax Relief for his incompetence as a CEO, I don’t see other studios doing this crap that Zaslav is doing this needs to be illegal.

The government got better things to do with the people money then to help out a CEO who even run a movie studio that his problem.
Yeah, I agree, it would need the congressional action to revise the IRS code to end the tax write-off for TV shows and films, and I cannot say further because political discussion is forbidden in here.

WBD's competitor, Disney made delisted films available to buy digitally but WBD would like... just let write-off and forget it for good.

Of course, I was very upset yesterday over Coyote vs. ACME cancelled and written off, so I'm awaiting for 4th live action-animated hybrid film after Space Jam: A New Legacy. Now, I don't think that we will see those new hybrid films anymore.

Moe

If there is other corporation buying WB, I hope for split WB and Discovery again.

I will definitely trash the Discovery if I have opportunity to do out of revenge for used tax write-off on WB cartoons.
There is clarification - I just wrote out of my frustration over WBD decisions and I didn't mean it in real life. In realistic, I'm not favor to trash the Discovery contents either and there are people worked hard to make Discovery shows.

If I own WBD, I will definitely fire David Zaslav immediately, but staffs that Zaslav hired can keep jobs as long as they are committed to support the creators and complete ban on tax write-off.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
The reason why seemingly none of the Discovery shows are getting slashed or shelved is because they're reality/lifestyle based and as such, are inexpensive to produce. Discovery and WB is still a strange combination to me, but I can stand the 2 companies co-existing if Zaslav were only in charge of the Discovery side of things.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Probably they lack the expertise of managing kids channels, since the management of Discovery has taken over... and it shows

Discovery has no idea how to run a kid's channel. They never have. Just think back to Discovery Kids back in the day and look at Discovery Family now. Mind you, the former still exists in some form outside of the U.S.

Michael Ouweleen and Sam Register jointly run the kids business, Ouweleen has been with CN since 1996, and was a main figurehead in the construction of what CN is today on both the broadcast side and creative side of things. Register also has a long history at both Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation, mostly on the creative side.

Both Ouweleen and Register are definitely not the problem, but unfortunately both have to follow orders from the higher-ups. The problem is Discovery's board: Zaslav, Perrette, Wiedenfels, Malone et al.

The only thing that interested me about the Discovery merger and what it could do for WB, was Discovery Kids and Discovery Family, that's about it.

Last edited:

harry580

The reason why seemingly none of the Discovery shows are getting slashed or shelved is because they're reality/lifestyle based and as such, are inexpensive to produce. Discovery and WB is still a strange combination to me, but I can stand the 2 companies co-existing if Zaslav were only in charge of the Discovery side of things.
yeah, that's what I think of it too

Mandouga

WB is having second thoughts about Coyote vs Acme.

Not really. What they’re doing is, they’re looking to dump their responsibilities on somebody else, which is dodging the real issue: cutting costs at the expense of both the filmmakers who make the movies and the viewers who watch them. “We can’t crack the kids”, David Zaslav says? Yeah, right! He’s running the company into the ground, and he knows it! >(

Anyway, what they're doing under his leadership is really lame.

LATE EDIT: Made a slight correcton ("they're" instead of "their")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Adding to the Current Fast Channels
of
  • WBTV Watchlist (scripted)
  • WBTV Keeping It Real (not scripted)
  • WBTV All Together (scripted)
  • WBTV Sweet Escapes (not scripted)
  • WBTV Paws & Claws (not scripted)
  • WBTV Slice of Life (not scripted)
  • WBTV Welcome Home (not scripted)
  • WBTV At the Movies (scripted)
  • WBTV How To (not scripted)
  • WBTV Supernatural (not scripted)
  • WBTV Crime Series (scripted)
  • WBTV Mysteries (un scripted)
  • WBTV Love & Marriage (un scripted)
  • WBTV Family Rules (un scripted)
They are launching new ones, starting with Freevee this time. From December 5th

• CNN Headlines (This is the same one on Pluto TV and CNN [.] com
  • Bachelor Nation - Guess what shows this one will air
  • The FBI
  • Say Yes to the Dress - No Points in guessing what this will air
  • Nikita - Airing both the OG and reboot
  • The Repair Shop- I think I've seen this on Discovery Plus , it was comfy
  • Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern- Remember when Trvl Channel was Travel Channel and had this show?
  • WBTV -Generation Drama - with shows like Privileged, They Lying Game, and Famous in Love.
  • WB TV- On the Telly- British Shows like Waterloo Road, Young James Herriot, and Bombshell
  • WB TV - Travel and Adventure- Digging in the old Travel Channel library I see
  • WBTV- Living with Evil- More Investigation Discovery Shows
  • WBTV- Love Kills - More Investigation Discovery Shows
  • WBTV- Chasing Criminals- More Investigation Discovery Shows
  • WBTV in the Garage- Motortrend and old Velocity shows
  • WBTV- Science is Amazing- old Science channel shows (!)
  • WBTV Classic Cinema- I'm not sure if it was smart or dumb not to use the TCM , then again TCM is ad free this channel isn't but at the same time TCM is a well known thing, oh well.

Now, you've been reading how about a little sneak preview there will be 21 more channels in 2024 at some point like
  • I (Almost) Got Away with It - That show from Investigation Discovery
  • The Dead Files - That show from Investatgation Discovery
  • Curb Appeal - That show from HGTV (hope some old HGTV slips in the future with one of these channels)
  • My First Place- show from HGTV

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Adding to the Current Fast Channels
of
  • WBTV Watchlist (scripted)
  • WBTV Keeping It Real (not scripted)
  • WBTV All Together (scripted)
  • WBTV Sweet Escapes (not scripted)
  • WBTV Paws & Claws (not scripted)
  • WBTV Slice of Life (not scripted)
  • WBTV Welcome Home (not scripted)
  • WBTV At the Movies (scripted)
  • WBTV How To (not scripted)
  • WBTV Supernatural (not scripted)
  • WBTV Crime Series (scripted)
  • WBTV Mysteries (un scripted)
  • WBTV Love & Marriage (un scripted)
  • WBTV Family Rules (un scripted)
They are launching new ones, starting with Freevee this time. From December 5th

• CNN Headlines (This is the same one on Pluto TV and CNN [.] com
  • Bachelor Nation - Guess what shows this one will air
  • The FBI
  • Say Yes to the Dress - No Points in guessing what this will air
  • Nikita - Airing both the OG and reboot
  • The Repair Shop- I think I've seen this on Discovery Plus , it was comfy
  • Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern- Remember when Trvl Channel was Travel Channel and had this show?
  • WBTV -Generation Drama - with shows like Privileged, They Lying Game, and Famous in Love.
  • WB TV- On the Telly- British Shows like Waterloo Road, Young James Herriot, and Bombshell
  • WB TV - Travel and Adventure- Digging in the old Travel Channel library I see
  • WBTV- Living with Evil- More Investigation Discovery Shows
  • WBTV- Love Kills - More Investigation Discovery Shows
  • WBTV- Chasing Criminals- More Investigation Discovery Shows
  • WBTV in the Garage- Motortrend and old Velocity shows
  • WBTV- Science is Amazing- old Science channel shows (!)
  • WBTV Classic Cinema- I'm not sure if it was smart or dumb not to use the TCM , then again TCM is ad free this channel isn't but at the same time TCM is a well known thing, oh well.

Now, you've been reading how about a little sneak preview there will be 21 more channels in 2024 at some point like
  • I (Almost) Got Away with It - That show from Investigation Discovery
  • The Dead Files - That show from Investatgation Discovery
  • Curb Appeal - That show from HGTV (hope some old HGTV slips in the future with one of these channels)
  • My First Place- show from HGTV
Still no FAST channel with WB's cartoon library yet, huh?

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
This may be a dumb nitpick, but how come the Italian Discovery+ for some reason has a Magnolia Network category (with few shows that should sit under HGTV) but no Tr(a)v(e)l Channel category, be for contain the paranormal shows (kinda divided between Discovery Science and DMAX, afaik) or the travel stuff that they definitely aired when we still had Discovery Travel&Living (that also has no rep on D+ - The Italian D+ does have categories for Animal Planet, Discovery Science and ID, whom all existed in Italy)?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts