Well, Cartoon Network Beat Nick and the Disney Channel...

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
in the ratings this past Saturday.

Live + Same Day Ratings Kids Cable Network Averages (000) for Saturday, April 28, 2007, 6am-11pm, ranked by K2-11:
CARTOON NETWORK: K2-11 1031; K6-11 741; TWEENS 9-14 587
NICKELODEON: K2-11 994; K6-11 708; TWEENS 9-14 516
DISNEY CHANNEL: K2-11 866; K6-11 504; TWEENS 9-14 339
TOON DISNEY: K2-11 115; K6-11 73; TWEENS 9-14 32

Of course, Nick made sure that was a fluke and was the number one network the next day, but it's nice to see CN win once in a while. Airing the Spider-Man movie on Toonami seems to work wonders.

Gokou Ruri

Wielder of the dark arts.
I prefer the weeky show ratings compared to these types. Usually because of factors like airing movies like Spider-Man.

KuwabaraTheMan

I'm guessing the 'Best Day Edder' had more to do with it than Spider-Man did, although both probably contributed.

Regardless, it's nice to see quailty prevailing once in awhile.

batman_cool

I prefer the weeky show ratings compared to these types. Usually because of factors like airing movies like Spider-Man.
But the Spiderman movie was only 2.5 hours but the Ed's marathon lasted more than 17 hours.

I don't like marathons but their ratings should be adequate to assess how popular a particular show is. Naruto and Foster's both have their share of marathons and the ratings on those days were outstanding. On the other hand, ratings for Camp Lazlo's and My Gym Partner's marathons were not so impressive. It would interesting if we can compare the total day ratings for each of the marathons and rank the shows based on the data.

Tash

I think it was a combination of the marathon, Spiderman and a new Naruto that night. (mainly for the Tween ratings. CN just barely pulled that win out)

Pomegranate

:evil: Even though I don't like the modern-day CN and Nick very much, I'm definitely glad they both kicked Disney's greedy ass in the ratings and Toon Disney, the network that currently overplays a certain crappy Digimon dub, got the lowest ratings ever on the list that Mugen shows us!:evil:

Last edited by a moderator:

BCVM22

:evil: Even though I don't like the modern-day CN and Nick, I'm definitely glad they both kicked Disney's greedy ass in the ratings and Toon Disney, the network that currently overplays a certain crappy Digimon dub, got the lowest ratings ever on the list that Mugen shows us!:evil:

Which, of course, has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that they air Digimon reruns.

Do you have goggles that let you see the world as warped as you do, or does it come naturally?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
The less Nick airs new Avatar and the more CN airs new Naruto, the winner of the weekend is a clear victor.

Pomegranate

Which, of course, has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that they air Digimon reruns.

Yeah, perhaps that's probably the reason why Toon Disney got the lowest ratings on that list, so maybe they'll lose(hopefully) their interest in Digimon sometime in the near future for that reason alone, if they're smart enough, that is!

Do you have goggles that let you see the world as warped as you do, or does it come naturally?

No, I really don't have a warped view of the entire world at all nor do I have any goggles what so ever:rolleyes2: !

Gokou Ruri

The less Nick airs new Avatar and the more CN airs new Naruto, the winner of the weekend is a clear victor.
Drake and Josh, Zoey 101, Unfabulous, Naked Brother's Band, and Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide get much better ratings than both Avatar and Naruto combined.

And Spongebob, I guess, but that's a given.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Yeah, perhaps that's probably the reason why Toon Disney got the lowest ratings on that list, so maybe they'll lose(hopefully) their interest in Digimon sometime in the near future for that reason alone, if they're smart enough, that is!
Considering Disney's going to start airing Digimon Savers, I highly, highly doubt Disney's deal for Digimon will be over anytime in the near future. While I doubt it's quite as long as the Power Rangers contract, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney has a pretty long contract for Digimon.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Drake and Josh, Zoey 101, Unfabulous, Naked Brother's Band, and Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide get much better ratings than both Avatar and Naruto combined.

And Spongebob, I guess, but that's a given.

Didn't seem to help them that weekend though.

TD is always low on the list and always last when they only compare it to CN, Nick and Disney. If Boomerang was on there it'd be doing even worse than TD. The reason for this is Nick, CN and Disney are on a lot of providers while TD and Boomerang aren't. TD has a bit more than Boomerang though. Given how few providers offer TD it's not the least bit fair to compare TD to Disney or even CN. Digimon Savers will probably be one of their highest rated shows this Fall (maybe their highest) and it will do proportionally well enough for Disney to keep Digimon around. However it wont even come close to shows on Nick, Disney or CN because they have a lot more coverage.

Gokou Ruri

Didn't seem to help them that weekend though.
They probably did get higher ratings than whatever CN showed, like always. Behind Disney's stuff, but Disney dominates everything. Though I'd have to wait until a proper show-by-show ratings list comes out to see.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Averages are powerful things though. It shows they could keep the viewers watching longer. A few good shows airing on a day don't make for a stronger line-up its the whole line-up that counts. Honestly, I'm dissapointed it took an Eds marathon (though it's a good show) and a live action movie for CN to beat Nick and Disney but that's basically fighting fire with fire I suppose.

Frankly I don't care how well live action dramadies do against cartoons. I care how one popular cartoon stacks up to another. So do us all a favor and leave your "but these live action shows do better than those cartoons" at the door. I'd much rather watch Gilmore Girls than any of those Nick shows. Now that's some well written dramadie.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts