What are all of the books published by Cartoon Network?

Mr HooPoe

What do I feed the children? Lengthy sermons!
Since the 1990's Cartoon Network had released merchandise to promote their programming. One in particular that fascinates me is their lineup of books and graphic novels. I have noticed several titles (Cartoon Network Presents, Cartoon Network Mad Libs, Cartoon Cartoons, Block Party, Cartoon Network Golden Books) but never found a list confirming all of their releases. I might be able to contribute later, but does anyone know each and every book that Cartoon Network released in its lifetime? Even if it represents a single show like The Powerpuff Girls or Dexter's Laboratory (as I have also noticed), I would like to know.

By the way, there are new ones being published for shows like Gumball and Steven Universe. Those count obviously.

Mr HooPoe

To start, I will discuss the Golden Books published in the early 2000's. Aside from Scooby Doo (which I will not be including in this post), Cartoon Network focused on its eight original Cartoon Cartoons for Golden Book releases. Five distinct books were published that included all eight, along with multiple standalone titles for Dexter's Laboratory and The Powerpuff Girls separately. I will list the books below.

9780307299529-us.jpg

This is a colouring book for the story based on the episode "Dexter's Big Sister" (might be the name).

6.jpg
9780307107756_p0_v1_s.jpg

One thing worth mentioning is that plenty of these books had alternate covers such as this one. This appears to be a full story about Dexter competing against Mandark (and later Dee Dee) in a science fair.

dfc2ae85dc94cf6188aa8f69cecec220--little-golden-books-cartoon-network.jpg

I cannot find a clear photograph of this one, but it appears to be based off the pilot.

9780307995001-us.jpg

Remember how that episode about Him making everyone evil was introduced? That is the entire synopsis of this. (Note: I will get to all of the books based off the reboot later.)

6bd925720c7ccbf021bc2fd2049539fb--little-golden-books-powerpuff-girls.jpg
51XDMJ5669L.jpg

I seriously do not get the alternate covers. This is about the Powerpuff Girls restoring colour to Townsville as a clown tries to drain it. I am not sure what activities are included, though it may include colouring.

Powerpuff-Girls-Golden-Books-9780307133304.jpg

I really do not know what this is. It appears to be a general overview of the show in a small books, but nothing about this is clear aside from its poor reviews.

69f6b8700396282cd9edef0a98273568--the-powerpuff-girls-cartoon-network.jpg

At this point, I should really stop explaining these because I am getting lost. What are these about and what activities are there?

518PN0W3ADL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

At least the bracelet part is clear. Actually, this is just an activity book, so the premise is clear, too.

51BJ59QSMJL.jpg

Packed with stickers! Anything else may as well be obsolete since there is no word on it.

514M7SCS4RL.jpg

I do like the shifting art styles of the covers. The story itself sounds preachy. "Because I look like a cyclops, I am evil. That is not always the case, including (presumably) here." Eh...not really worth thinking about it without reading it.

7880cfcd149bb8df9b8a2692b47fc35c.jpg

...how many of these are there? And why so many with stickers? I mean, I get how big of a deal this show was, but I am really losing track of the books of this specific show. And we still need to do the team of eight.

0307107736.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Is this worth anything? All I got was a hate review on the show.

51VN12QVE3L._SX343_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

From what I could gather, this is a colouring and sticker book in one with a bit of story on each page. I am still unsure as to why there is a book for each girl.

lden-book-powerpuff-girls-buttercup-coloring-book-with-stickers-0caf6fe982f9fed17e380414d7da2656.jpg

I cannot find the Bubbles version, sorry.

upload_2017-11-27_12-29-17.jpg
At this point, I lost my mind researching books of The Powerpuff Girls and decided to jump straight to this. Featuring two activities for the first eight Cartoon Cartoons, this book is honestly pretty offbeat and unique along with the other books containing the entire troop.

upload_2017-11-27_12-29-29.jpgupload_2017-11-27_12-29-29.gif
This might be the single most useful of the books, as I hear that it may have exclusive information on each of the eight shows not found anywhere else. Also, just look at Dee Dee's face.

upload_2017-11-27_12-29-40.gifupload_2017-11-27_12-29-40.jpg
Stickers...and whatnot, I guess.

upload_2017-11-27_12-29-53.jpgupload_2017-11-27_12-29-54.jpg

Kiddie tattoos. So edgy, and yet so safe. Just like these characters.

upload_2017-11-27_12-30-6.gif
upload_2017-11-27_12-30-7.jpg

These are basically puzzles themed by the show. Initially, I thought this was called "Brain Drain," which is what I think of this experience. I thought that it would be more fun, but it got overwhelming when I reached the numerous books of The Powerpuff Girls-- and I suspect that more are out there.

Hopefully, this thread keeps going as there are plenty more books out there. I am still unsure of what I will share next (maybe something newer), but I hope that you share your thoughts here and offer your critiques on any of these.

Mr HooPoe

There's a Codename:Kids Next Door coloring book

Indeed, I will tackle the colouring books in the future. I do not know about the production companies for each one, but I know that there are a handful to find.

For now, I wanted to share something smaller: the Mad Libs collection.

This one is exactly what you would expect. I see that it was released in 2003. I am a bit surprised that it took some time to write this, especially when you notice that only the first nine Cartoon Cartoons (up to Sheep in the Big City) are included (at least as far as I know). I have no sample pages, which is a shame.

What is interesting about this one is that it actually is a collection of five separate Mad Libs books. I have samples!

When Cartoon Network said that they wanted to publish books to extend their franchises, this serves as a good example as to how it could work well. Hopefully, the connection to the show is the same for all of the other shows used in all of the Mad Libs.

Pins, too? This must be a bigger deal than usual.

Honestly, I cannot really comment on the different Mad Libs without really connecting them to the show. I mean, is this more fan-fiction rooted than Adventure Time with Finn & Jake?

How random are the stories in this one? I mean, how far could you go with random material like this in Mad Libs exactly?

Last one in the mega-collection. I assume that anything written here-- or really any of the previously mentioned shows-- would not seem too out of place from the show itself.

You might just be able to get more out of Mad Libs based on less-random shows like this, so this could be very intriguing.

Okay, then.

I might as well ask now: what are these like? A Steven Universe fan ought to have bought this by now and used it to show the fanbase worth that s/he has.

Okay, but what about the original show? It must have gotten one of--

upload_2017-11-30_16-13-12.jpegupload_2017-11-30_16-13-29.jpeg
No cover, how sad.

This is all for now. Thoughts on these and any other books?

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-30_16-12-34.jpeg
    upload_2017-11-30_16-12-34.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 186
  • upload_2017-11-30_16-12-59.jpeg
    upload_2017-11-30_16-12-59.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 177
  • upload_2017-11-30_16-13-24.jpeg
    upload_2017-11-30_16-13-24.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 177

Mr HooPoe

Indeed, I will tackle the colouring books in the future. I do not know about the production companies for each one, but I know that there are a handful to find.

This one is exactly what you would expect. I see that it was released in 2003. I am a bit surprised that it took some time to write this, especially when you notice that only the first nine Cartoon Cartoons (up to Sheep in the Big City) are included (at least as far as I know). I have no sample pages, which is a shame.

What is interesting about this one is that it actually is a collection of five separate Mad Libs books. I have samples!

When Cartoon Network said that they wanted to publish books to extend their franchises, this serves as a good example as to how it could work well. Hopefully, the connection to the show is the same for all of the other shows used in all of the Mad Libs.

Honestly, I cannot really comment on the different Mad Libs without really connecting them to the show. I mean, is this more fan-fiction rooted than Adventure Time with Finn & Jake?

How random are the stories in this one? I mean, how far could you go with random material like this in Mad Libs exactly?

Last one in the mega-collection. I assume that anything written here-- or really any of the previously mentioned shows-- would not seem too out of place from the show itself.

You might just be able to get more out of Mad Libs based on less-random shows like this, so this could be very intriguing.

Okay, then.

I might as well ask now: what are these like? A Steven Universe fan ought to have bought this by now and used it to show the fanbase worth that s/he has.

View attachment 113951View attachment 113971
No cover, how sad.

Mr HooPoe

Okay, then.

No cover, how sad.

Mr HooPoe

Okay, then.

No cover, how sad.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts