What are the most shocking moments in kids animation?

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
What are the most shocking moments in kids animation?

I have a couple:

King Andrias putting a sword through Marcy in the season 2 finale of Amphibia. Darcy cutting off Grime's arm in Amphibia.

Slade hitting Terra in Teen Titans.

There is an episode of Extreme Ghostbusters called "Deadliners", that features ghosts that look like creatures from Hellraiser who would forcibly transform people into twisted abominations.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Gargoyles: "The Gathering, Part 2". Pleasurable shock. You know the one I mean.

How about Leo beheading Shredder in TMNT 2003? Sure, he's an Utrom, and picks it right back up at the end of the episode, but yikes!

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
So I know because of cultural differences, shows aimed at kids can be a bit more edgy than the ones in America, but...

It really doesn't get more disturbing than Tucker's Chimera'd wife and daughter in Fullmetal Alchemist. Those who have seen the show know what I mean. And again, it bears repeating: This was a franchise aimed at boys, not adults.

prpis

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs
The Ultimate Enemy, particularly Dan’s creation. Seeing Danny ripped away from his ghost half, Phantom going wild, tearing Vlad, then fusing with Plasmius, that whole scene of him screaming as his head turned on fire….Young Dan Phantom staring blankly at a cowering Danny Fenton, coming up to the screen and his eyes going red, his tongue out, the mansion explodes and he comes out laughing manically. A scene many kids had implanted in their heads.

Another one comes to mind was young Zuko’s fight with his father, when he got his scar. Him bowing to his father, pleading him, and then the camera turns to Iroh looking away and Zuko’s scream coming out. Chilling. You can see Azula in the back with a crazed, excited face as she watched.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Besides King Andrieas stabbing Marcy in the chest from Amphibia, I remember in the Season 2 finale in Avatar, Azula shot lightning in Aang's back, to the point of almost killed him. Now, that'll live on rent-free in my head.

5YearsOnEastCoast

The reveal that Billy is actually Lich. Aka Lick killed the real Billy and skinned him in season 4 finale of Adventure Time. It disturbed me when I saw it for first time. Just look at how he looks:

1704152524861.png

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
Bill Cipher rearranging the functions of Pacifica's dad's face in Gravity Falls. I genuinely have no idea how they got away with that when S&P wouldn't let them say "Bottles will be spun".

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
More of a case of fridgehorror, but in that one episode of Gargoyles where all the humans are turned to stone at night, and Demona goes around smashing them, she only breaks off the arms on one of them, in a blink and you'll miss it bit.

I'd hate to be that person come sunrise....

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
More of a case of fridgehorror, but in that one episode of Gargoyles where all the humans are turned to stone at night, and Demona goes around smashing them, she only breaks off the arms on one of them, in a blink and you'll miss it bit.

I'd hate to be that person come sunrise....
It was Margot. They obviously grew back.

aegisrawks

Most of the REALLY shocking episode enders for Pretty Cure but the most shining example has to be when the main heroine gets infected with lethal pathogens by the villain.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts