What Are You Listening To? (9th Album)

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
Currently:

Against Me! - Paralytic States (of Dependency)

it's a song about extreme gender dysphoria and suicide.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
Sad story behind this one - the singer, Cat Janice, was diagnosed with cancer in 2022. Her final song, "Dance You Outta My Head", was dedicated to her 7-year-old son, and all proceeds from it are set to go to him. She passed away yesterday.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
The difference between the original and Radio Disney version (which was also in Return to Halloweentown) is pretty crazy. Still a banger though.

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
DIR EN GREY - ain't afraid to die

gotta love Japanese artists and unconventional usage of caps and lowercase letters.

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
The Tractors - Baby Likes to Rock It

This song was all over country radio in 1994-95; it ended up being their only hit. The album it's on is excellent as a whole though.

Also, their leader, Steve Ripley (RIP), was Bob Dylan's touring guitarist during Dylan's Christian phase.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
The Radio Disney version was recently found for this one - I remember hearing it on the station in 2019 but it's grown on me more now.

Nobodyman

I recently finished re-listening to my Rolling Stones albums and I'm think I'm starting to appreciate for the first time how great an album Exile on Main St. is. It doesn't have any of their major hits like "Sympathy for the Devil" or "Gimme Shelter" or "Paint it Black" or anything like that, but it's a really tight album with very fun listenable tracks. Basically, the whole album is an experience that deserves to be listened to from beginning to end.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts