What are your thoughts on CN’s current schedule right now?

Santana434

To me, I felt like the current CN’s schedule is definitely is an improvement compared to its last few years. I mean at least it’s not TTG channel anymore. But they kinda need to tone down on gumball a bit tho, but on the bright side at least we got adventure time and regular show reruns airing on the channel daily which is a nice change of pace, I also love the fact that Scooby-Doo, Tom and Jerry and Looney tunes also airing reruns(but those are the modern ones tho), but the Scooby-Doo Show is back tho so that’s something I guess. But it seems like weekends, it’s pretty much a Scooby-Doo related movie, and no Tom and Jerry or Looney tunes movie unfortunately… but I guess considering Scooby doo had more movies a year after year… I guess it’s no suprised. Plus Scooby-Doo did played a lot during the 90s and 2000s. But anyways, how does anyone felt about CN’s current schedule do you think it’s better compared to last few years ago, or you think it’s still mid?

Attachments

• 9575AC5E-D6B9-41F6-BEA4-29809C306957.jpeg
    9575AC5E-D6B9-41F6-BEA4-29809C306957.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 20

Jonathan Teka

To me, I felt like the current CN’s schedule is definitely is an improvement compared to its last few years. I mean at least it’s not TTG channel anymore. But they kinda need to tone down on gumball a bit tho, but on the bright side at least we got adventure time and regular show reruns airing on the channel daily which is a nice change of pace, I also love the fact that Scooby-Doo, Tom and Jerry and Looney tunes also airing reruns(but those are the modern ones tho), but the Scooby-Doo Show is back tho so that’s something I guess. But it seems like weekends, it’s pretty much a Scooby-Doo related movie, and no Tom and Jerry or Looney tunes movie unfortunately… but I guess considering Scooby doo had more movies a year after year… I guess it’s no suprised. Plus Scooby-Doo did played a lot during the 90s and 2000s. But anyways, how does anyone felt about CN’s current schedule do you think it’s better compared to last few years ago, or you think it’s still mid?
I wasn't expecting The Scooby-Doo Show to come back on Cartoon Network.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Eh. To be quite honest with you, I don't really watch Cartoon Network anymore. So, I don't really pay attention to their schedule that often besides through word of mouth now and again.

However, from the looks for their current schedule,....it's mid, in my opinion. On one hand, at least the schedule is nowhere near as bad as 2016-2021. I'll give them credit for at least trying to have decent variety. Not great, but, it was....,fine. On the other hand,............(sighs)....I just don't really care anymore. Cartoon Network has lost its way for me long ago, and I just don't have the time or energy to fully invested in this network nowadays. Heck, I've been more invested into Adult Swim than Cartoon Network recently (I know, ironic, coming from me). Granted, it's not saying much, but it does goes to show that Adult Swim is a lot more active with their programming strategy than Cartoon Network used to do.

I know some people are gonna say, "Well, at least CN had better schedule than Nick and Disney nowadays!!!11!!"

Yeah? So what? That's like a piece of crap with sprinkles on top is better than another piece of crap with no sprinkles on top. It doesn't matter. It's still crap. ALL cable television have garbage schedules! Cartoon Network included. It just that CN is the lesser of the three evils. But whatever. The internet's gonna be the internet.

Anyways, that's just my take on the matter. Peace.

Santana434

Eh. To be quite honest with you, I don't really watch Cartoon Network anymore. So, I don't really pay attention to their schedule that often besides through word of mouth now and again.

However, from the looks for their current schedule,....it's mid, in my opinion. On one hand, at least the schedule is nowhere near as bad as 2016-2021. I'll give them credit for at least trying to have decent variety. Not great, but, it was....,fine. On the other hand,............(sighs)....I just don't really care anymore. Cartoon Network has lost its way for me long ago, and I just don't have the time or energy to fully invested in this network nowadays. Heck, I've been more invested into Adult Swim than Cartoon Network recently (I know, ironic, coming from me). Granted, it's not saying much, but it does goes to show that Adult Swim is a lot more active with their programming strategy than Cartoon Network used to do.

I know some people are gonna say, "Well, at least CN had better schedule than Nick and Disney nowadays!!!11!!"

Yeah? So what? That's like a piece of crap with sprinkles on top is better than another piece of crap with no sprinkles on top. It doesn't matter. It's still crap. ALL cable television have garbage schedules! Cartoon Network included. It just that CN is the lesser of the three evils. But whatever. The internet's gonna be the internet.

Anyways, that's just my take on the matter. Peace.
I’m going have to agree, that adult swim is putting in more effort and energy than CN nowadays. Especially with toonami rewind airing on Fridays right now. But yeah, CN has pretty much did lost its energy and quality for me when it became a kids channel since 2005 or so, even tho, CN shows during that period are generally pretty solid aside from some duds. Now I have to be fair, I was more of a CN fan during its peak years, than Nick and Disney. Mainly because of its variety during the 90s and early-mid 2000s. While the schedule still have decent variety compared to Nick and Disney related channels right now, it’s still a shame of a cartoon channel I used to worship(CN) has been going through the identify Crisis since the mid 2000s and lost it’s intital viewership. because of that I had to move to Boomerang, even tho CN still can have a lot of great shows from time to time but still. I mean if you want a cartoon channel with lots of variety, then METV toons channel is your best bet. And if people still like don’t like the variety, then they Might as well just stick to streaming… but I don’t know because streaming has kinda been a mess right now especially with Max’s shenanigans. Sorry if my opinion sound biased or harsh… but please try to take this into consideration or a grain of salt

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Lets all be HONEST here. Schedules dont really matter anymore, what matters is if the channel has originals and they are being nurtured. And CN doesnt have any new originals to nurture.
Exactly. Unless they greenlight one of the new Cartoon Cartoons shorts, CN got jack when it comes to new originals now.
I’m going have to agree, that adult swim is putting in more effort and energy than CN nowadays. Especially with toonami rewind airing on Fridays right now. But yeah, CN has pretty much did lost its energy and quality for me when it became a kids channel since 2005 or so, even tho, CN shows during that period are generally pretty solid aside from some duds. Now I have to be fair, I was more of a CN fan during its peak years, than Nick and Disney. Mainly because of its variety during the 90s and early-mid 2000s. While the schedule still have decent variety compared to Nick and Disney related channels right now, it’s still a shame of a cartoon channel I used to worship(CN) has been going through the identify Crisis since the mid 2000s and lost it’s intital viewership. because of that I had to move to Boomerang, even tho CN still can have a lot of great shows from time to time but still. I mean if you want a cartoon channel with lots of variety, then METV toons channel is your best bet. And if people still like don’t like the variety, then they Might as well just stick to streaming… but I don’t know because streaming has kinda been a mess right now especially with Max’s shenanigans.
Yeah pretty much. You said right there man.
Sorry if my opinion sound biased or harsh… but please try to take this into consideration or a grain of salt
No, it's fine. I definitely do get what you're saying.

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
Hey! There's a bit of everything! I'll give them that. However, it's too late and not that many people care for CN anymore sadly.

aegisrawks

I’m going have to agree, that adult swim is putting in more effort and energy than CN nowadays. Especially with toonami rewind airing on Fridays right now. But yeah, CN has pretty much did lost its energy and quality for me when it became a kids channel since 2005 or so, even tho, CN shows during that period are generally pretty solid aside from some duds. Now I have to be fair, I was more of a CN fan during its peak years, than Nick and Disney. Mainly because of its variety during the 90s and early-mid 2000s. While the schedule still have decent variety compared to Nick and Disney related channels right now, it’s still a shame of a cartoon channel I used to worship(CN) has been going through the identify Crisis since the mid 2000s and lost it’s intital viewership. because of that I had to move to Boomerang, even tho CN still can have a lot of great shows from time to time but still. I mean if you want a cartoon channel with lots of variety, then METV toons channel is your best bet. And if people still like don’t like the variety, then they Might as well just stick to streaming… but I don’t know because streaming has kinda been a mess right now especially with Max’s shenanigans. Sorry if my opinion sound biased or harsh… but please try to take this into consideration or a grain of salt

Spoiler ALERT IT WAS ALWAYS a kids channel. You cant condemn a kids channel for... GASP... appealing to children. There are so many actual criticisms to give but this isnt one. You can say "It stopped being a channel that knew adults loved cartoons too". You can say "The older classic stuff is being neglected". You can even say "It just stopped having anything I actually liked". But you cant really blame CN the kids channel commiting the oh so horrible crime of a channel appealing to its target demographic. Especially when CN had epic years ahead of it. The times of Adventure Time and Regular Show were epic.

Attachments

• 1719873407027.png
    1719873407027.png
    240.6 KB · Views: 7

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Spoiler ALERT IT WAS ALWAYS a kids channel. You cant condemn a kids channel for... GASP... appealing to children. There are so many actual criticisms to give but this isnt one. You can say "It stopped being a channel that knew adults loved cartoons too". You can say "The older classic stuff is being neglected". You can even say "It just stopped having anything I actually liked". But you cant really blame CN the kids channel commiting the oh so horrible crime of a channel appealing to its target demographic. Especially when CN had epic years ahead of it. The times of Adventure Time and Regular Show were epic.
I mean, sure, you could argue about CN was always been a kids channel, but what made CN so appealing unlike Nick and Disney is that it is a network that all ages can watch. Kids can watch CN as much as adults do.

I don't mind CN as it kids channel, as long it has shows that adults can watch, too.

Santana434

I have to admit that CN was always a kid channel, and I don’t mind CN being a kids channel, as long as their shows they have on there is pretty damn good anyone can enjoyed. Like JMTV said, what made CN so appealing in the first place compared to Nick and Disney is that it has a huge diversity of shows that anyone can enjoy quality wise(kids, teens and adults) . If it makes you feel any better, Mike Lazzo was the executive producer for CN as well as Adult swim. Until he left CN in 2003, to focus more on adult Swim. That would explain why CN became more of a kids channel in March 2005(losing the 5am hour Sunday-Fridays really shows ). If Mike Lazzo was still the exectuive producer for CN, then the channel will still be for all ages at this point… but hell who knows what direction CN would’ve took anyway giving more time and effort. Like I said I don’t mind CN being a kids channel as long as they have great shows, but it’s just that CN has been going through a lot of hard times ever since the Boston bomb scare. Even tho things did head to the step in the right direction in early 2010s, until they shot themselves in the foot again in 2013 when they got rid a lot of action shows and got screwed over. And I have to be honest here, say what you be Stuart synder is a very underrated CN president, and at least still keeping CN alive as a company and the channel and even back then compared to today, it still had a good chunk of variety even if they overplayed some shows a bit too much.

Markus Nelis

Reminds me a lot like 2014. The schedule actually has variety. The only show that's airing two hours in a row is Gumball but otherwise mostly hour long blocks. My only criticism is the lack of new content but when it comes to the actual schedule with many ended shows returning, oh it's good. Yeah you might get tired of them airing ended shows but wasn't this something y'all wanted? Enjoy while you can.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

It's a decent schedule, but they really could've sparkled some We Baby Bears in there, the way they have been treating it has been so weird. It's been almost an entire year since a new ep has even aired. Also airing some reruns of the older Total Drama seasons would've been a nice touch and a good way to promote the currently airing new season. Other than that it's a decent schedule as I said and it does have variety.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
, but on the bright side at least we got adventure time and regular show reruns airing on the channel daily which is a nice change of pace,

Regular Show is the only one airing weekdays. Adventure Time is still only airing on Sundays (sadly they totally stopped airing Steven Universe on Sundays as well for some reason) which I'm sure they'll put AT back on weekdays at some point if only because of how many spinoffs are coming for the show making it clear it still has a strong brand on CN. Which considering Regular Show also getting a revival and we are getting more Gumball does show the strength of these early 2010s shows still matter a lot to the network.

Lets all be HONEST here. Schedules dont really matter anymore, what matters is if the channel has originals and they are being nurtured. And CN doesnt have any new originals to nurture.

The closest at this point would be Prince Ivandoe which I guess isn't given horrible side treatment but yeah even stuff like Looniversity feels it only has a chance and is sticking around due more to Max then regular CN. IMHO after how the WB screwed over Craig of the Creek we haven't really seen any originals get really any respect or have any care put on them in any way with the few that seem promising more going to Adult Swim then sticking on AS. Even Invincible Fight Girl also got punted to AS so what does regular CN have to look forward to? Iaynu and... again Gumball, Regular Show and Adventure Time follow ups.

Sadly the fact we are seeing more variety and CN is even showing at least ONE older program at some point (as in a show made BEFORE CN actually came out) is more variety then we've likely really had in the 2020s. Teen Titans Go is mostly just getting an hour a day and yeah Gumball is being overly blasted throughout the days but there is some variety... sadly yeah it still is a pretty shoddy schedule if you were compare it to any CN schedule from the 90 through mid 2000s and yeah the best of the 2010s. Granted probably because now half officially belongs to AS at this point (who could also be using their time better. Seriously at least make the Toonami Lookback the weekday four nights a week part and the Checkered past every Friday for variety's sake) so only so much time anyway but that time still could be scheduled out sooooooooooooo much better.

Stumpos

The closest at this point would be Prince Ivandoe which I guess isn't given horrible side treatment but yeah even stuff like Looniversity feels it only has a chance and is sticking around due more to Max then regular CN. IMHO after how the WB screwed over Craig of the Creek we haven't really seen any originals get really any respect or have any care put on them in any way with the few that seem promising more going to Adult Swim then sticking on AS. Even Invincible Fight Girl also got punted to AS so what does regular CN have to look forward to? Iaynu and... again Gumball, Regular Show and Adventure Time follow ups.
Even then, there's a chance the Regular Show revival, Iaynu, and Adventure Time Side Quests could also get pushed on Adult Swim later too.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Even then, there's a chance the Regular Show revival, Iaynu, and Adventure Time Side Quests could also get pushed on Adult Swim later too.
I highly doubt it, but then again, knowing Warner Bros Discovery nowadays, who the hell even knows anymore...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts