What do you hope happens if Zaslav is voted out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldorado

Here's some stuff I'd like to happen:

CN shows that were Max exclusives that were taken off are put back on the service.

Max is renamed WB Max.

More focus on physical media and shows like Infinity Train and Close Enough are given a DVD set (which I hope an increase in sales will get both shows back in production).

Cartoon Network is given more variety in their schedule and Adult Swim and the Checkered Past programming block is moved to 6 PM.

Rebecca Sugar is given the chance to create more Steven Universe content for streaming.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
Every CN and WB toon he had removed from Max gets put back. (And Close Enough gets its' fourth season made.)

Final Space, Close Enough and Infinity Train get physical media releases as well as a second shot at life on Max.

More new shows, movies, shorts, variety and general love is had on Cartoon Network. Checkered Past gets pushed back to a later hour. ACME Night is placed back under the CN banner.

Cartoonito becomes a mix of new shows (including stuff from the Ascheim era that got pulled), Boomerang and Discovery Family.

WBD's cartoons and Kids and Family shows and movies on Max finally start getting promoted in TV ads.

Ace

Ace
Zas has been at Discovery since like 2006 so.... uh I'm honestly not sure if it would happen that easily. Although there's been a lot of trouble for them the past few years from the merger and all that.

I don't think that for example Cartoon Network will be good again if that were to happen. There's lots of people underneath him that have more direct control over their respective departments. It's not like he's responsible for everything wrong with Cartoon Network or DC or anything else maybe some of it but not all of it.

and management changes can lead to more problems for the company if they'll want to restructure everything again.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
In a perfect world if Zaslav was out:

-Every removed CNS produced series on Max came back to the platform.

- Close Enough and Infinity Train will get more seasons to finish their stories.

- Advertise their kids and family content on Max through various platforms and linear TV.

- Cartoonito will still be around, just bring in more new shows. ACME Night came back to Cartoon Network and aired for only two nights a week (Saturdays for premieres and Sundays for movies).

- Checkered Past moved to 7pm to 10p for 3 hours, every Monday thru Thursdays, while CN kept its Friday night slot for their premieres for 7p to 10p, and have Adventure Time and Regular Show being part of Adult Swim as a good transition to the real Adult Swim from midnight to 6am. And of course, Toonami will still be here.

- Saturday and Sunday mornings will be for Boomerang as a block. Boomerang Channel will remained the same as they improved their schedules in recent time. Just rebranded with a new logo. Same thing with Discovery Family.

-Finally, make Cartoon Network as a general audience youth channel for animation fans. Instead of being a Nick and Disney wannabe, pander to people's nostalgia, and giving more timeslots to Adult Swim, Cartoon Network should embraced the medium as animation is an art form for everybody. Have the 18-35 demo be CN's main target audience, while kids 6-11 be secondary, but give something that kids can watch too.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Zaslav should be voted out IMMEDIATELY so he doesn't buy Paramount Global and merge it with WBD!
Let's be clear about this: David Zaslav cannot buy Paramount. Warner Bros. Discovery is deep in debt, so they couldn't purchase Paramount even they wanted to. What Zas is proposing is for WBD to merge/partner with Paramount so that the 2 studios' combined streaming services can better compete against The Big 3 (Netflix, Prime Video and Disney+)*. Given all of the individual properties that each studio currently owns, the chances of WBD and Paramount merging into 1 giant studio are slim at best, as that would be a lot of IPs under one roof and such a move would likely get blocked the U.S. Congress and the FCC.

*One train of thought is that Zaslav doesn't actually want this to happen; that he's pulling a power move so that some other company like Comcast or Universal will step in and make a counteroffer. If there's any truth to this rumor, I couldn't say.

As to what I would personally like to see happen, @JMTV, @Eldorado and @Silverstar already covered most of it. I'd like for Max to be re-christened as Warner Max or WB Max (with the background color changed from blue back to purple), shows like Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Uncle Grandpa, Close Enough, Final Space, OK, KO: Let's Be Heroes and Infinity Train returned to the platform, Warner Max make a greater effort to advertise it's animated kids and family programming, and for WBD to announce a batch of new animated projects for Cartoon Network under the CN banner.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Let's be clear about this: David Zaslav cannot buy Paramount. Warner Bros. Discovery is deep in debt, so they couldn't purchase Paramount even they wanted to. What Zas is proposing is for WBD to merge/partner with Paramount so that the 2 studios' combined streaming services can better compete against The Big 3 (Netflix, Prime Video and Disney+)*. Given all of the individual properties that each studio currently owns, the chances of WBD and Paramount merging into 1 giant studio are slim at best, as that would be a lot of IPs under one roof and such a move would likely get blocked the U.S. Congress and the FCC.

*One train of thought is that Zaslav doesn't actually want this to happen; that he's pulling a power move so that some other company like Comcast or Universal will step in and make a counteroffer. If there's any truth to this rumor, I couldn't say.

As to what I would personally like to see happen, @JMTV, @Eldorado and @Silverstar already covered most of it. I'd like for Max to be re-christened as Warner Max or WB Max (with the background color changed from blue back to purple), shows like Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Uncle Grandpa, Close Enough, Final Space, OK, KO: Let's Be Heroes and Infinity Train returned to the platform, Warner Max make a greater effort to advertise it's animated kids and family programming, and for WBD to announce a batch of new animated projects for Cartoon Network under the CN banner.
But will Zaslav still be not allowed to buy Paramount after April 8th?

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
But will Zaslav still be not allowed to buy Paramount after April 8th?
Again, it's very unlikely that WBD and Paramount will merge into 1 giant studio. Even if WB sells CNN and Paramount sells BET, that would still be too many IPs under one roof. What I think Zaslav wants is for Warner Discovery and Paramount to be combined into a single giant news and entertainment monster. He seems to want Max and Paramount+ to be a joint venture streaming service the way that Hulu was before Disney purchased it.

Last edited:

hobo 7

my only wish is that boomerang gets a rebrand. the 2015 branding turns 9 next week. it got old years ago.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Discovery needs to be sold off, I don't think it adds any value or relevance to Warner Bros. Cheap "Reality" programming should not be associated with WB.

The company needs to go back to the way it was in the mid 2010's, possibly get rid of Max and sell movies & TV shows to other streamers offering the highest bid. Or form a new cross-industry streamer alliance like what Hulu used to be like, the "losers" of the streaming war such as Paramount, and NBCUniversal could be interested.

WB has a better track record when buying out competitors rather than being sold, Turner (for the networks and the old WB library) and Time (for HBO) were two of the best moves they ever made.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Unfortunately, Warner Brothers would need to solve their money problems before they could successfully split from Discovery.

I do like the idea of WB, Paramount and NBCUniversal forming a jointly owned "hodgepodge" streaming service similar to the pre-Disney owned Hulu. I could see this working for them.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Discovery needs to be sold off, I don't think it adds any value or relevance to Warner Bros. Cheap "Reality" programming should not be associated with WB.
Then again, I wish WB never merged with Discovery in the first place, but AT&T did it anyway.
The company needs to go back to the way it was in the mid 2010's, possibly get rid of Max and sell movies & TV shows to other streamers offering the highest bid. Or form a new cross-industry streamer alliance like what Hulu used to be like, the "losers" of the streaming war such as Paramount, and NBCUniversal could be interested.

WB has a better track record when buying out competitors rather than being sold, Turner (for the networks and the old WB library) and Time (for HBO) were two of the best moves they ever made.
Yeah, this is what happens when companies got way too greedy and want to chase that Netflix numbers, only to find out that it has becomes a unsustainable strategy in the long run, who's gets the pay the price? The creatives and the consumers. Now, everyone is unhappy.

With that said, I wouldn't mind the idea of a gigantic super service again. If Paramount, WB, and NBCUniversal wanted a service that can rival Netflix, creating a joint-venture service in the similar vein of the early days of Hulu is the way to go. As long as they played their cards right and their exclusive content are good, I'd be fine with that.

Francisque

Too many people are failing to realize Zaslav is not the cause of all the evils in WBD per se, it's just an incarnation of what doesn't work on WBD, especially the influential "Discovery" part.

Some things might get better, but they might as well not

Markus Nelis

I'm sure Zaslav still has the final say. He should have done something by now if writing shows off was someone else's idea. While I'm fine that you say it might not have been his fault but it pretty much is when he's leading the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts