What is CN's most forgettable acquisition?

Tommypezmaster

For me, CN's most forgettable third-party shows appeared in the 2010s. Nobody ever acknowledge these since they were released respectively. These shows are.

* Sidekick-It's just another show about kids going to school. It does nothing new to stand out with the other kids going to school cartoons. Which is why people forgot it existed.
*Scaredy Squirrel-CN was really into airing mean-spirited comedies in that decade. I have to ask, didn't we already have a show about a self-center egomaniac who uses and abuses the only people who were nice to him for selfish reasons with Yakkity Yak, This Just In and The Buzz on Maggie a decade prior? Plus I'm also curious about who asked Starz Family to air the third and final season back in 2019.
* Be Cool Scooby-Doo-What?! There's an incarnation of Scooby-Doo that people forgot existed? Yes, there is. What makes this one stand out is that Mystery Inc acts nothing like the Mystery Inc we know and love. Instead, they act like the airheads of Jersey Shore. And a character design that makes you think this is an adult cartoon. Not helping is that it was overshadowed by the equally short-lived ThunderCats Roar. Also like Scaredy Squirrel, I'm curious to know who asked Boomerang to rerun it despite being a critical and commercial failure.
* Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs-This combined the plots of the other 3 I mentioned into one show and not only did it fail but was quickly forgotten afterward.

Sorry if my thoughts were too deep. Did you already forgot these ever existed?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
My Knight and Me - A mediocre CGI show that came and went in 2017.

Numb Chucks - Remember this show? Of course you don't. It aired on Boomerang--ONLY on Boomerang--in 2015.

Sitting Ducks - A short-lived CGI show from 2002 that was overshadowed by the Kids' WB! imports that were flooding in at the time.

Oh, and for the record, despite the rather unappealing character designs, I thought Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! was pretty good.

Ace

Ace
Scaredy Squirrel didn't last very long on the channel and it one of the lamest things I've ever watched. It's just lazy slapstick and trying to emulate the SpongeBob formula. Most of it is just being weird and hyper for the sake of comedy. I'd say this is something so forgettable to the point that it didn't even leave an impression on me.

Sidekick had some things going for it. It had some really good voice acting and it's flash artstyle looked decent. It just wasted a good premise on being a comedy. The comedy that felt too much like a bad early 00s cartoon with all the school tropes, gross-out and everything.

Be Cool Scooby Doo probably would have been seen as great if it wasn't for the artstyle although I still got some enjoyment out of it.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is pretty bad. They messed up all the characters except for Earl. It could tell a good joke once in a while but it's artstyle is terrible.

Last edited:

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
What about Pecola? I had to look up its name because I forgot.

Last edited:

[classic swim]

SwimShady
George of The Jungle, maybe? Goosebumps?

Noods era was the last time I would really flip on CN and I know there’s some weird nuggets there.

R Lopez

Maybe they thought it would somehow blossom into ratings similar to major sports leagues.
The only explanation for SlamBall is, CN really tried to make sports programming happen for a few years.

Remember the Hall of Game awards show?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Zixx, a Canadian series that came and went from CN so quickly that I can't find anyone who's ever seen it.

Ah, yes. One of CN's early failed attempts to try to ease live-action into its schedule a few years before launching CN Real. I remember the promos for it, but I didn't watch the show.

Pooky

Staff member
Was that even watchable, compared to Cartoon Saloon's other projects?

I don't know how I'd feel about it now, and I never watched it regularly, but I liked Skunk-Fu at the time, although I watched it on BBC, not CN.

I liked Sitting Ducks too (I watched it on ITV/CITV).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts