Who will be the first of the Big Three kids cable channel to call it quits and close down forever

aegisrawks

I specified because its easy to just say "A Z tier channel like Universal Kids" But I am going for big game here. Who of the big three will be the first to die.

Ironically despite the whole despair thing, I dont have a clear pick, CN and Nick have good ratings with Nick At Nite and Adult Swim, Disney Channel has actually decent ratings with kids.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
I don't think any of them will die, per se, just change form into something else other than linear TV channels. My guess is they'll all just go to streaming.

As for who will go first, my money's on Cartoon Network; they're seriously being mismanaged now, despite having several new projects coming down the pike. Some folks are even speculating that Max may not survive the streaming wars.

Of course Disney wants everyone flocking to Disney+, and several international Disney Channels have shut down already.

I don't even know what's going on with Paramount.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
My guess would be either be Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon. Paramount Studios is currently adrift at sea without a captain, and yet the company seems to be borrowing from Disney's playbook by trying to move all of its content over to Paramount+, but the difference is that Disney has its money making theme parks to fall back on, while Paramount doesn't. However, Nick seems to be doing a little better than CN at the moment.

Stumpos

Cartoon Network as long as Zaslav runs Warner Bros. Their new cartoons keep getting pushed to Adult Swim and Max, so I can see them either retooling it into Adult Swim or just putting everything on Max.

JoeMabbon

Robot Clone
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for all three is 0. But how much longer do you think the kid's network format will last? Could Gen Alpha be the last cohort of kids to grow up with cable as a part of their viewing diet?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts