WildBrain To Launch Pokemon FAST Channels in U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, and New Zealand

powergate92

Power Rangers and Stargate fan
Apparently WildBrain has acquired the FAST Channel rights to 22 Seasons of Pokemon and plans to launch Pokemon FAST Channels in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand. Press Release is below.
Toronto, ON – August 21, 2024 – WildBrain, a global leader in kids’ and family entertainment, has struck an agreement with The Pokémon Company International to become the only distributor of the single-IP Pokémon FAST (free ad-supported television) channel, starting in the United States, followed by Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand.

The partnership will see WildBrain secure and launch new single-IP FAST channels with leading platforms across these regions for 22 seasons of the iconic original animated Pokémon series, featuring Ash Ketchum and his partner Pokémon, Pikachu. Fans will be able to follow the duo’s adventures as they aim to achieve Ash’s goal of becoming the world’s top Pokémon Trainer across multiple story arcs, including The Beginning (112 x 22’), Gold and Silver (157 x 22’), Ruby and Sapphire (191 x 22’), Diamond and Pearl (189 x 22’), Black and White (142 x 22’), XY (141 x 22’), and Sun and Moon (145 x 22’). WildBrain will also be selling select direct advertising inventory for the Pokémon channels through its Media Solutions team.

Lara Ilie, VP AVOD and FAST at WildBrain, said, “We’re thrilled to be bringing Pokémon to FAST audiences as a single-IP channel for the first time ever. FAST is an important component of an omni-channel strategy to grow brands and reach fans everywhere they’re watching. As a leader in audience engagement for kids and families, we’re looking forward to leveraging our FAST expertise to reach the ever-growing Pokémon community.”

Melissa Pearce, senior director of media licensing at The Pokémon Company International, said, “We always strive to deliver the joy of Pokémon to more fans around the world, and WildBrain is the perfect partner to help us introduce a new generation of Trainers to the beloved Pokémon animation. FAST provides an ideal platform for the Pokémon brand to connect with wider audiences, offering accessible and curated content in a family-friendly environment.”

This partnership with Pokémon underscores WildBrain’s position as the frontrunner in FAST channels for kids. With more than 100 FAST channels for multiple brands now launched across major platforms worldwide, WildBrain is the world’s leading expert in harnessing FAST for kids’ content. Since launching its FAST strategy, WildBrain has driven growth on its channels to 7.5 billion minutes watched in 2023, up from 502 million in 2019.

Through direct partnerships with all major platforms, including Samsung, LG, Roku, Tubi, and Pluto and using the three biggest integrators, Wurl, Xumo, and Amagi, WildBrain operates FAST channels for more than 20 brands, including Teletubbies, Strawberry Shortcake, Caillou, Inspector Gadget, Degrassi, Slugterra, Sonic, Super Mario, and more. Additionally, WildBrain’s in-house Media Solutions team provides strategies for advertisers and brands to reach kids and family audiences across FAST, AVOD, and gaming. WildBrain offers partners the expertise, operational infrastructure, and insights needed to leverage and optimize the FAST and non-YouTube AVOD opportunity for their brands.

TheGreatOne2

I wonder why Pokemon Journeys was not included in this deal. They should of included all of Ash's adventures.

JulianRO

If WildBrain could also acquire some rights to the BVS Entertainment library that Disney keeps it locked.....

Anyways, on-topic..... I can say that this is quite good what they do, honestly I wasn't expecting for Pokemon to be chosen.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Someone needs to acquire the on-demand streaming rights to the show, in addition to the show getting put on MeTV, MeTV Toons, and Heroes & Icons (Ash episodes only).

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts