Wings Of Fire (News And Discussion Thread)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Ava Duvernay is developing a series based on the Wings Of Fire books. She and Tui T. Sutherland (who worked on the books) will be executive producers alongside Sam Register, Dan Milano (co-creator of Glitch Techs), and Christa Starr.

"If you haven’t read any of the Wings of Fire series, the multi-continental books initially focus on the differing POVs of a group of five young dragons who are prophesized to end a decades long war that has decimated the fictional lands of Pyrrhia and Pantala."

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
A Wings of Fire series by WB Animation? Yes! I’ve considered it for a year. I’m hoping it’s on HBO Max so it can join other shows I’m anticipating.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I’m hoping it’s on HBO Max so it can join other shows I’m anticipating.
I'm sure the series will be exclusive to HBO Max, why wouldn't they?

Also, welp, if Dan Milano is working on this show, there goes hope for more Glitch Techs.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The Wings Of Fire show is coming out on Netflix.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Lila Martinez's LinkedIn profile said how she worked on the show as a storyboard artist. She's worked as a storyboard artist on projects like The Simpsons and American Dad. While her material hasn't come out yet, she's also worked on Harley Quinn, The Chicken Squad, Batwheels, and Firebuds.

Screenshot_20211123-064853.png

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So there's no official article yet, but it seems like the show is cancelled, or is at least not coming to Netflix. I found this tweet from Christa Starr, one of the showrunners, where she mentions feeling sorry for Violaine Briat, and says how she was a great part of the crew. It could probably come to HBO Max, but who knows.

I now regret this comment I made.

I'm pretty sure Wings Of Fire is fine. It's not a Netflix original. It's produced by Warner Brothers Animation.

Last edited:

LoudyKaizoku

Bread Makes You Fat?
This one could go on HBO Max since Warner Bros is producing it.
I wouldn't be too worried folks.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Looks like Amazon ordered a show based on the books but with a new creative team working on it. Currently only Marc Resteghini as executive producer was announced.

The official logline for series states, “Five young dragons have been raised in secret, destined by prophecy to end a terrible war. But when one of their own is threatened, they decide to escape and find their own fate—saving themselves and the rest of their world along the way.”

the_joker

Can't think of a title
I just found out about this series as well as the books. Featuring a world of dragons as characters instead of being monsters to be slain already sounds appealing. I would like to read the books, but I don't know if I have time for that. Apparently, they were also popular enough to get comic adaptations.

So, there was initially going to a show produced by WB animation and released on Netflix, but Netflix killed off plenty of their animated stuff (and some similar things are happening at WB right now), and now it's being produced by Amazon. It sounds like everything is being produced again from the ground up, and it also doesn't sound like anything from the original production was saved, which is unfortunate.

I don't know how anyone could mess this up. Dragons are cool, people like dragons, so with enough care and attention, the show could have been a hit. And WB could/would have gotten their own How to Train Your Dragon-esque stuff.

This may or may not mean anything, but the author of the books has mentioned this new show on her Instagram. I wonder how much input she has in this show or even the previous attempt.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Good to know a Wings of Fire series is back in production even if it’s not the same as the one that was canned. It better be good enough to live up to the books though.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts