Wolverine And The X-Men "Wolverine Versus Hulk" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Wolverine faces off against Hulk in Wolverine and The X-Men!

Episode #7: Wolverine Versus Hulk
Original Airdate - February 27th, 2009

When the Hulk is spotted in a destructive rampage in the Canadian wilderness, Nick Fury, director of the organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D., blackmails Wolverine into taking the savage monster down. But as Wolverine confronts the Hulk, he begins to realize all is not as it seems -- there is more than one monster on the loose in the wild. And as if a full-on flight with the Incredible Hulk wasn't bad enough, Wolverine has to deal with a pack of the firece Wendigo.

Comments?

Last edited by a moderator:

tb4000

Well, they made sure to maintain the jerkass aspect of Nick Fury so far.

asphaltviking64

High Inquisitor of soup
Hulk smash. Lolz. Its such a good episode as well as woozy Wolverine. (Wolverine is battle scarred and looks like he's going down)
Question: In the comics, was Wolverine's skeleton ever broken, or is Anamantium assumed to be the strongest metal in the Marvel Universe?

Shredhead

Suck gas evildoers!
Very cool episode its not the best but its far from the worst. It was cool seeing Logan take on something that wasn't mutant related like with Nick Fury and Hulk. I also loved seeing the flashback with the classic yellow and blue. My only complaint is the action wasn't as good maybe after watching Hulk and Wolvies brutal fight in the DTV spoiled me but Wolverine seemed more restrained then normal.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Marvel Animation Age sat down with Wolverine and The X-Men head writer Greg Johnson to discuss this episode, "Wolverine Versus Hulk." Click on the link below for more.

Further comments on this week's new episode of Wolverine and The X-Men?

Magus

The Boss
I like this episode. Had a good laugh too, with the way Wolverine was getting launched around.

I really need to start reading the comics... I don't know much of anything outside of evolution and the 90's cartoon.

maczero

My only complaint is the action wasn't as good maybe after watching Hulk and Wolvies brutal fight in the DTV spoiled me but Wolverine seemed more restrained then normal.
I came here to make that very same comment. This ep really illustrates the problem of neutering Wolverine. I can buy that Wolverine doesn't use his claws against human soldiers or misguided mutants. I figured his time with the Xavier and the X-Men have softened him so he doesn't needlessly kill or go into berserker rages. However, I can't buy that's he's going to resort to only punches and kicks against someone like the Hulk or even Wendigo.

Anyway, I'm going to say this one was probably the weakest ep since the premiere. It's not a bad ep but after seeing Hulk vs. Wolverine, this one felt kinda flat.

To the person upthread who asked if Logan's skeleton has ever been broken, in mainstream Marvel I don't think so but the Ultimate Wolverine was
torn in half by the Hulk.

I think the story is being reprinted right now.

purewitz

All I can say is, how can you ever go wrong with Wolverine or The Hulk? My two favorite Marvel characters ever in the same story. First in Hulk VS. and now on Wolverine and the X-Men. This is my favorite episode of the series so far. I hope they bring him back again. I especially liked the dialogue between Hulk and Wolverine is was cool and funny at the same time.

To those who have knocked the episode and are comparing it to the Hulk VS. story. Hulk VS. was PG-13 DTV and Wolverine and the X-Men is a TV-Y7 TV series on NickToons Network. Which is a children's network at that. Plus let us remember back to Batman: The Animated Series and its movie counterpart Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. B:MotP had blood in it because it was rated PG and as far as I remember (And I could check, I own the whole series.) B:TAS never had blood in it. Due to the fact it had a TV-Y7 TV rating and it aired weekday afternoons, Saturday mornings and early Sunday evenings. At least that was the case where I lived. Yes, Wolverine and the X-Men is on at 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. on Friday's, but it still is on a kid's network. Who knows maybe they'll have a TV-14 version on DVD someday of this episode.

Bat-Fan Beyond

This was a good episode, and, yes, in contrast to the Hulk Vs. Wolverine DTV, it was really tame where violence is concerned--- but that's okay with me and totally understandable since this is a television show intended for all audiences.

As much as I loved the graphic level of violence in Hulk Vs. Wolverine, the unfortunate factor was that I could not share the pleasure of viewing it with my son who is only almost 4 years old and loves Wolverine and the Hulk, as well as a ton of other superheroes (hey, he's my boy), but with this episode of Wolverine and The X-Men, we were able to enjoy this match-up between the characters together... and he loved it! :)

R-Taco

Just A Little Bit Crazy
Pretty average episode, but the ending was hilarious. Nick Fury needs a kick off his high horse more often.

asphaltviking64

High Inquisitor of soup
Oh thanks about the question. It just seemed that Adamantium was this all powerful metal that can never be destroyed. And wow,
Wolverine being torn in half!?
That's epic. How did he reheal with that?
I finally saw the entire episode in full today. Nick Fury actually being a prick? He seemed so nice in Spider Man:TAS and the old MAU. When did he develop this character?

asphaltviking64

High Inquisitor of soup
Wow. He always seemed like such a nice person and a grandfather and now he's manipulative and cares mainly for SHIELD's continuous invisibility in political conflicts and others conflicts. I like the new Nick Fury. :)

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
It wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but no complaints from me. Oh, and Hulk was cool. He was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, boy, Nick is kindf of mean in this ep. He is always black-mailing and using people. He makes me sick! If I were Wolverine, I would just nail him.:evil:

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this was a pretty good episode. Even though I haven't seen the DTV of The Hulk vs. Wolverine, I could definitely understand why this episode would be much more tame than that DTV. It was cool to see these two characters interacting and the fight scenes were pretty neat. I did wonder why Logan didn't just use his claws on the creatures, but that probably wouldn't have worked out on a TVY7 show.

Dang, Nick Fury was a huge jerk though with blackmailing Logan like that. I was mainly disappointed that we didn't get to see Hulk trash around him and the other members of S.H.I.E.L.D too. Oh well. It was still a good episode and I'll be looking foreword to what happens next week.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts