"Wonder Woman" Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on This Soundtrack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The score to the 2009 Wonder Woman animated feature is now available to own!

Digital Release Artwork -- La-La Land Records Release Artwork
Wonder Woman - Music From The DC Universe Animated Original Movie
Label: WaterTower Records, La-La Land Records
Release Date: Digital Download - February 23rd, 2010 , Compact Disc Release - April 7th, 2010

Synopsis: Wonder Woman begins on the mystical island of Themyscira, where a proud and fierce warrior race of Amazons resides. They have raised Princess Diana, a daughter of stunning beauty, extraordinary strength and incredible fighting prowess. Diana possesses a host of super human powers granted to her by the gods and goddesses of Olympus and her strength and stamina are unparalleled. When Air Force fighter pilot Steve Trevor crash lands on the island, the rebellious and headstrong Diana defies Amazonian law by accompanying Trevor back to civilization. Meanwhile, Ares (the God of War) has escaped his imprisonment at the hands of the Amazons and has decided to exact his revenge by starting a world war that will destroy them all. It is up to Princess Diana to save her people and the world by using her gifts to become the ultimate Wonder Woman. Featuring a startling score by Christopher Drake, this highly-anticipated release should not be missed!

Track Listings:
1. The Battle / Origins
2. Sparring
3. Ares Imprisoned
4. Dog Fight, Part I
5. Dog Fight, Part II
6. Crash Landing
7. Manhunt
8. Let The Games Begin
9. Persephone's Betrayal
10. Bracelets and Arrows
11. Computer Room
12. Alley Thugs
13. Deimos
14. At The Gates Of Tartarus
15. Cept Hemo Laudus
16. Hades
17. Ospedale and Ares Rally
18. DC Battle
19 Ares' End
20. She Misses Him
21. A New Nemesis
22. Wonder Woman End Titles

Comments?

Related Threads:
-Wonder Woman Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
-Wonder Woman DVD/Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)
-Wonder Woman Feature Review (Spoilers)
-Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Mayhem of the Music Meister Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman/Batman: Public Enemies Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - Expanded Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: The Animated Series Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Gotham Knight Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Justice League: The New Frontier Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman Doomsday Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman Beyond Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Mask of the Phantasm Original Soundtrack Release Talkback (Spoilers)

LadyInque

So now this is coming out March 23rd instead of the 9th on CD? That's disappointing, that we're still getting these... teases at this point.

Spider-Man

When I read on WF that the Wonder Woman soundtrack was delayed I went on the iTunes store and downloaded it. The soundtrack is amazing and I honestly can not wait for the CD release from La La Land! It probably the best DTV soundtrack yet! I really can't wait to buy the soundtrack on CD because I know it's going to sound much better than the MP3 version on iTunes plus I want it on CD too.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
After a handful of delays, La-La Land Records has confirmed for The World's Finest that the Wonder Woman score CD release will now be made available to own beginning Wednesday, April 7th, 2010.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The score to the 2009 Wonder Woman animated feature is now available to own on compact disc from La-La Land Records!

Wonder Woman - Music From The DC Universe Animated Original Movie
Label: La-La Land Records
Release Date: Compact Disc Release - April 7th, 2010

Synopsis: Presenting the original motion picture score to the DC Universe animated original movie Wonder Woman, starring the vocal talents of Keri Russell, Nathan Fillion, Alfred Molina and Rosario Dawson. Acclaimed composer Christopher Drake (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, Batman: Gotham Knight, Hellboy: Blood and Iron) honors the beloved, iconic title character with a robust, full-throttle music score that embodies all the film's action, thrills and drama. Produced by Christopher Drake and MV Gerhard, and mastered by James Nelson, this special release is limited to 1200 units and features exclusive liner notes by Dan Goldwasser.

Track Listings:
1. The Battle / Origins
2. Sparring
3. Ares Imprisoned
4. Dog Fight, Part I
5. Dog Fight, Part II
6. Crash Landing
7. Manhunt
8. Let The Games Begin
9. Persephone's Betrayal
10. Bracelets and Arrows
11. Computer Room
12. Alley Thugs
13. Deimos
14. At The Gates Of Tartarus
15. Cept Hemo Laudus
16. Hades
17. Ospedale and Ares Rally
18. DC Battle
19 Ares' End
20. She Misses Him
21. A New Nemesis
22. Wonder Woman End Titles

Comments?

LadyInque

Well, according to the most recent email I received, my CD copy is winging its way to me as we speak. I am so excited. One of the things I really do like about La-La-Land is their speed. I also love the way they hand-address the envelopes. I assume they still do this; it's been a while. Anyway, it makes it feel special.

And they're offering some deep discounts on previous DCAU soundtracks. I didn't buy any, but they're there for the taking.

Shadow_X

Gotham's Shadow
Hi,

Well, according to the most recent email I received, my CD copy is winging its way to me as we speak. I am so excited. One of the things I really do like about La-La-Land is their speed. I also love the way they hand-address the envelopes. I assume they still do this; it's been a while. Anyway, it makes it feel special.

I totally agree, I ordered my CD today(along with the Soundtrack of Batman(1966) :anime:) a soon as they made it available and just a few minutes ago I received my shipping confirmation, I´m really happy on how La La La Records treats us as customers.

Since I watched the movie and I heard that awesome piece of music of the beginning I wanted the soundtrack and now finally I´m going to have it, and although I could´ve bought the soundtrack online(mp3) I wanted to wait for the CD :), so a big THANK YOU to La La Land Records and everyone who made this possible.

Later...

Spider-Man

I ordered mine shortly after 12pm and I got confirmation of shipping within hours. I am really looking forward to getting this and I hope this sells really well. La La has been really good to us DC fans so we should really return the favor in kind. Can't wait to blast this soundtrack once I get it! Hope I ordered early enough to get a signed copy!

LadyInque

This may not mean anything, but I tried to find the Wonder Woman album on iTunes so I could groove on some samples before my CD arrives, but it's gone! I checked Amazon.com's mp3 store, and even Rhapsody.com, where I streamed the entire album last month. Gone! Has WaterTower pulled the album from the online stores? If so, why? That doesn't seem to make any sense! Where are all the people who were scared off by the $20 price tag on the CD gonna go? What will they do if (and when) it sells out?

Weird. Or maybe it's just me, but I doubt it.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The World's Finest has a look at the package artwork for the recent Wonder Woman – Soundtrack From the DC Universe Animated Original Movie CD release from La-La Land Records. Click on the thumbnail below to check it out.

Spider-Man

My copy of the sondtrack came in yesterday and it sounds amazing! Did anyone else manage to get a signed copy of the soundtrack? I did!

Shadow_X

Gotham's Shadow
Hi,

My copy of the sondtrack came in yesterday and it sounds amazing! Did anyone else manage to get a signed copy of the soundtrack? I did!

I got a signed copy as well :)

Of all the recent Animated DC DTVs this is my favorite soundtrack by far, the entire soundtrack it´s just awesome, I´m glad this soundtrack made it into a CD release and not just a digital release like the other recent DTVs.

It´s amazing how the soundtrack sounds, it really sounds like it was performed by a Live Orchestra, when in fact it was only Christopher Drake and a digital performer who made this wonderful soundtrack.

I´m glad I got this CD :anime:

Later..

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyInque

I was waiting forever for this soundtrack to come out, and I finally got my copy. And signed, too! I'm really happy with it. The music sounds terrific and Shadow_X is right; it doesn't sound like it didn't come from an orchestra. Okay, the samples are showing in a few places, but really the scale of the composition makes up for it.

I still don't get why it disappeared from the digital retailers. Anyone have any word on that?

JimRaynor55

Aw man, I just recently found out that the soundtrack for this amazing movie had been released. Sure took them a long time, since it's been over a year since the movie came out!

The lack of distribution from digital retailers is so disappointing. I've been buying my favorite songs from each of the last several DC movie soundtracks on Amazon.com, but apparently I won't be able to do the same for this one. The price of the full CD was really surprising as well. Wonder Woman goes for nearly $20, while the other DC animated movie soundtracks go for half or even nealry a third of that price.

Also, can anyone tell me if this soundtrack includes the first song that was used in the original 1 minute trailer for this movie? The one that mysteriously disappeared and got swapped out by another, slower song on both the trailers and the official site?

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
I don't have the cd, so I wouldn't know..but take a gander at the track listing. It doesn't seem to feature anything other than cues from the flick. I'd be interest to hear this deleted track you speak of...got a link?

This reminds me of the trailer for Mulan - there was this really cool, spooky song used during the clips of her stealing her father's armor and running away, but then in the movie...they used something far less grand. Bummer there.

JimRaynor55

I don't have the cd, so I wouldn't know..but take a gander at the track listing. It doesn't seem to feature anything other than cues from the flick. I'd be interest to hear this deleted track you speak of...got a link?

This reminds me of the trailer for Mulan - there was this really cool, spooky song used during the clips of her stealing her father's armor and running away, but then in the movie...they used something far less grand. Bummer there.

Hey, sorry I didn't get back to you. I was busy and totally forgot about this thread.

Anyway, this was the original trailer for the movie. I loved the song they used, but for some reason it was swapped out for this other song. Same exact trailer, but the music in the first one is so much better and more exciting IMO.

LadyInque

I know the Mulan trailer you're talking about. That track was "Our Ways Will Part," from Hans Zimmer's Beyond Rangoon. Obviously, they weren't going to be able to use that in the actual film. Goldsmith's score for Mulan rocks in all sorts of ways, however.

As for digital retailers, I did manage to find this score at eMusic:
http://www.emusic.com/album/Christo...-Animated-Original-MP3-Download/11837528.html

They give away free trial memberships like gum, so you might be able to pick this up at no cost! Haven't tried that yet, as I own the physical CD. I'm thinking of trying an eMusic membership in July, when the Red Hood score comes out.

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
Clever :evil:

If I had headphones right now, I'd totally be looking for that cue you've identified for me. I knew the second one in the trailer, when the crowd bows and the titles pop up, is from Dragonheart - man on man that one pops up everywhere in trailers - but I never would have figured out that first cue. Thank you!

So...for those of you who have the score, what's so great about it, besides the realistic sounding orchestra? Are there any tracks that were real discoveries? If you could list three reasons to convince me I need to have this one...what would they be? Keeping in mind I already like Wonder Woman and soundtracks to begin with, mind you.

LadyInque

So...for those of you who have the score, what's so great about it, besides the realistic sounding orchestra? If you could list three reasons to convince me I need to have this one...what would they be?

Well, there's a review of the album I found here:http://www.scorenotes.com/soundtracks/wonder.html

And again, eMusic may let you have the thing for free, but I don't know.

But I like a challenge. Three reasons, you say? Let's see what I can do.

1. Drake's theme for Wonder Woman
Aside from the theme from the old TV series, Wonder Woman has never had her own musical identity. Well, she's never had her own movie, either. But in a world where Superman and Batman have multiple themes, this one for Wonder Woman holds its own. The theme appears throughout the score, beginning with Diana's first appearance at the end of the first track. Fittingly, it doesn't get the full hero treatment until the end of the film/album. Then it rocks. And it's 4 notes long, on purpose, so you can sing her name.

2. The Battle/Origins
This first track is probably the best. (Of course, I think the first ten minutes is the best part of the whole movie.) The music is as epic as you could hope for and moves through all the events. You can hear Hippolyta's theme, which is my second favorite next to the one for Wonder Woman. Truly a theme befitting a warrior queen. Some of the music is tragic, setting up future events in the plot. And it's beautiful and hopeful at the end, when Diana is born. There's great action music throughout, but this is the best.

3. We should support quality work when we can.
Okay, this isn't an appeal to aesthetics. This is a good score from a good movie, and unless people buy it, the suits at Warner Bros won't know we care. I believe that artists that work hard and produce good stuff should get some attention. This score already took too danged long to be released, and we can't let the Powers That Be think that's okay, because no one cares. I know the low sales on the movie already have resulted in the cancellation of other superheroine animated movies, which is just plain unfair. So if you like this, and you can afford it, I say pick it up.

Bear McCreary wrote about a similar topic a few years ago on his blog, when told that people would probably just steal his music if it weren't on iTunes. I'm not suggesting that anyone here is stealing music — not at all. But I like what he says about us being patrons of the arts, like the emperors of old.

So... that's my piece. Longer than I thought it would be, perhaps. Make of it what you will.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts