Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Fire Lord Ozai

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters

Manhunter

Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy
Benton Quest, George Jetson, Fred Flintstone. Animation has shown us some great father characters.

And then there are the fathers in this poll.

Submitted for your approval (or disapproval, as the case may be):

Norman Osborn (Spectacular Spider-Man):
Generally cold, dismissive and distant towards his son Harry, but then hid his identity as the Green Goblin by framing said son, arguing that if he went to jail, who would be around to make a man out of him?

Fire Lord Ozai (Avatar: The Last Airbender):
Was more than willing to kill his own son to be crowned Fire Lord, challenged said son to a duel for speaking out against one of his general's plans, horribly scarred then exiled said son to what he viewed as a fool's errand and had tried to kill son again.

Of course, you might think of a character who's an even worse father than either of these two (although I sincerely doubt it).

Alph

Norman seemed to actually care about his son, even though it was in a twisted way. Ozai burned half his son's face off and then banished him.

Cartoon X

Lum the Forever
Peter Griffin. The man stated he hates his kids, and just consider all the crap he's put his family through. And then there's Meg...

Radical

Banned
I knew a few best worst fathers in animation that come to mind and are worst than the first two from Manhunter's choices,

Reverend Steen/Mr. Steen(G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero) - Lifeline(Edwin)'s horrible father who's scum, but he changed at the end, sweet.
Harvey Gabor(Jem and the Holograms) - Phyllis/Pizzazz's horrible/crappy rich father who's a major uncaring workaholic.
Yosemate Sam/Henry "Papa" Bear/Owl(Butch)'s owl father(Looney Tunes/I Love to Singa) - He was Bugs Bunny's great enemy turned terrible father on his poor giant freak son Wetworth, hahahahaha.Henry "Papa" Bear being a terrible father beating up poor Junyer Bear is so funny.Best horrible owl father to kick out poor Owl(Butch), but he changed which is nice.
Homer Simpson/Mr. Charles Montgomery Burns/Rabbi Hyman Krustofski/Royce Lumpkin(The Simpsons) - They were pretty bad lousy fathers, but Royce was quite the bad terrible father for poor Lurleen, but his comeuppance at the end was awesome though.
Donner(Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer) - He's the worst horrible reindeer father on poor Rudolph.
Mr. Edward "Ed" Bighead(Rocko's Modern Life) - He's the best terrible toad father to hate his poor awesome son Ralph.
"Big Bob" Pataki(Hey! Arnold) - He's quite the bad father who cares about Olga more than poor Helga, he's greedy, & cares more about his beeper businesses.
Norman Osbourne(The Green Goblin)(Spider-Man: The Animated Series/The Spectacular Spider-Man) - He's awesome for being the supreme terrible father on his poor son Harry throughout the series.
Pete(Goof Troop) - He was such a bad greedy/rotten cat father for his poor family for all the rotten things he's done, but his comeuppances for being a huge jerkface were awesome.He's lucky to have a hot wife like Peg to yell at him for his actions though, hehehe.
Eric Duckman(Duckman) - He's the best hilarious terrible/awful father for his cruel/selfish/insensitive actions.
Walter Wolf(Animaniacs/Slappy Squirrel) - He's quite the terrible wolf father beating up his poor wolf son like that!!!!!!!!
Cotton Hill(King of the Hill) - He was hilarious and such a terrible/awful father on his poor son Hank.
Ra's al Ghul(Batman: The Animated Series/Superman: The Animated Series/Batman Beyond/Batman: The Brave and The Bold/Batman: Under The Red Hood/Young Justice/Justice League: Doom) - Ra's may be Batman's second greatest top major arch-enemy, but he wins the terrible father awards for sacrificing his hot awesome daughter, Talia!!!!!
Ickett Bagge(Courage the Cowardly Dog) - Eustace's terrible father who looks like Eustace, hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
King(Batman Beyond) - For a cool playing card supervillain, he was quite the crappy abusive/terrible father on his poor son Jack.
Roy/Stephen Stotch/Mr. Gueermo/Mr. Weatherhead(South Park) - They were pretty bad terrible/awful fathers along with Roy/Mr. Weatherhead being the worst stepfather/foster father ever, but Stephen is worst than them for being crappy/horrible/abusive to poor Leopold(Butters) which made me despise him.
Mr. Foley/Edwin Alva(Static Shock) - Ugh, they were such horrible/terrible fathers to their sons especially Mr. Foley winning the biggest/baddest racist jerkoff awards, but at least they redeemed themselves for their horrible actions though.
Peter Griffin/Brian Griffin/Carter/Francis/Mickey Mc.Finnigen/Tom's terrible pilgrim father/Benjamin(Ben)(Family Guy) - All of them were bad horrible fathers throughout the series .
Yancy Fry, Sr.(Futurama) - Phillip's terrible/awful/abusive father who's hilarious, but does actually care for his son, YAAAAAAY!!!!!!
The Hilarious Bloopers host's terrible father/Mr. Frankenstein(Robot Chicken) - They're quite the lousy/awful fathers, but they're so hilarious though.
Master Shake/Paul's monster father(Aqua Teen Hunger Force/Unit Patrol Squad 1/Something You Know Whatever) - They are pretty hilarious lousy fathers for poor Ezekial/Paul.
Fire Lord Ozai(Avatar: The Last Airbender) - Prince Zuko/Princess Azula's horrible father whose just desserts was epic!!!!!!
Robert(Granddad)/Mr. Ruckus(The Boondocks) - Robert was quite the lousy father bashing on his own "son" Lando before becoming a good father to him, & Uncle Ruckus's evil horrible father was really terrible/abusive/violent on his poor son Uncle Ruckus, but his well-satisfying death was awesome though.
Clay Puppington/Arthur Puppington/Carl Latchkey(Moral Orel) - They were pretty lousy/awful fathers for poor Orel/Clay/Doughy, but they're pretty hilarious and Clay's epic just desserts from Orel was awesome!!!!!!!
Emperor Milleous(Ben 10: Alien Force/Omniverse) - Awesome Incursion ruler villain turned horrible father for poor Princess Attea.
Stan Smith/Jack Smith/Coach Patterson/Mr. Robinson/Henry Fischer/Nicholas Dawson(American Dad!) - All of them were the next best bad horrible fathers worst than Family Guy's which Henry and Nicholas were much worse than Stan for their horrible actions.
Early Cuyler/Ga Ga Pee Pap "12 Gun" Cuyler/Derwood(Squidbillies) - They may be terrible/abusive fathers, but they're so hilarious though.
Mr. Doofenshmirtz(Phineas & Ferb) - He's the greatest terrible/awful father on his poor loser son Heinz in poor Heinz's sad backstory flashbacks.
Cleveland/Robert/LeVar "Freight Train" Brown/General Richter(The Cleveland Show) - They were bad terrible fathers for poor Cleveland/Cleveland Jr./Holt which Cleveland was such a lousy father for his poor son, Cleveland Jr.Robert so counts by becoming negligent of the status of his children, not even knowing their names for poor Donna and LeVar becoming horrible/abusive to his poor son Cleveland which his just desserts was sweet!!!!!
Mr. Frankenstein/Michael Jackson(Mary Shelley's Frankenhole) - They were pretty terrible fathers, but so not cool to turn the King of Pop into a horrible father while making him sound like a woman though.
Mayor Fred Jones Sr./Brad Chiles/Colton Rogers/Barty Blake/Dale Dinkley(Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated) - Wooooow, all of them were pretty terrible/awful fathers on poor Fred/Norville(Shaggy)/Daphne/Velma, but Fred's terrible "father" is a real heartless monster who wins the terrible father awards!!!!!
Stoick the Vast(How To Train Your Dragon/Dragons: Riders of Berk) - Ugh, he was quite the terrible/awful viking father on his poor son Hiccup, but it's great that he redeemed himself from his terrible fatherly actions!!!!!
Gabriel and Michael's bad coach father(Generator Rex) - He's quite the lousy/terrible father, but at least he redeemed himself I think.Callie's demon father(Ugly Americans) - The best awesome villain father to turn out to be a terrible father on replacing his hot succubus daughter Callie with her evil hot scary psychopathic demonic sister Lilith, hahahahaha.
Flame King/Martin/Evil Lumpy Space King(Adventure Time with Finn & Jake) - Such terrible fathers for poor Finn, Flame Princess, and Lumpy Space Prince.
Sportsmaster/Icicle Sr./Maurice(Young Justice) - Cool that my favorite supervillains(except for Maurice) are terrible/awful fathers/stepfathers for their poor kids Artemis/Icicle Jr./Tye, but their just desserts are sweet.
The Easter Bunny's evil rabbit father(Mad/HOPS) - He's a terrible/awful father, but he's pretty funny though.
Richard(Allen Gregory) - He's a pretty terrible/awful father to poor Julie, but he's hilarious which my favorite funny awesome actor French Stewart did him perfectly.
Lord Garmadon(Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu) - An awesome lego Dark Lord villain who's a great horrible father for poor Lloyd.
Mr. Willaims/Nicolai(Brickleberry) - They are pretty terrible fathers, but Nicolai surpassed all lousy fathers which he's scum for killing his poor Russian mafia son, yikes!!!!!!!
Ralph Waldo Pickle Chips(Revended Pickle Chips)(Bravest Warriors) - Beth's dad who's become a psychotic scumbag for the memory loss.
Mr. Noodman(Mr. Leslie Noodman's father)(Sanjay & Craig) - Mr. Leslie Noodman's terrible father who's really awful!!!!!!
Cronus(Wonder Woman) - Wonder Woman's next top major arch-enemy who's Zeus's awesome evil father who's one awesome/powerful Titan supervillain!!!!!!
Vegeta/Paragus(Dragonball Z/GT/Kai/Movie 8) - They were terrible Saiyan fathers on poor Future Trunks/Broly.
Ghetsis(Pokemon Black & White) - N(Natural)'s adopted awful father who's a great megalomanical/power-hungry dangerous villain!!!!!!!!!!
Genma Saotome(Ranma 1/2) - He's funny, but he's a bad awful father for poor Ranma & his wife Nodoka after the cursed springs incident.
Gendo Ikari(Neon Genesis Evangelion) - He was such a terrible/heartless/awful father for poor Shinji throughout the whole series.
Gozaburo Kaiba/Dr. Faker/Vetrix(Byron)/Vector's evil father(Yu-Gi-Oh!/Zexal) - They were such lousy fathers for their children, but ugh, Gozaburo is such a bad lousy stepfather for poor Noah, Seto, and Mokuba.In the finale of the Noah arc, his death made me happy.
Skullduggery(Kinnikuman/Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy) - For an awesome funny goofball villain, he was quite the terrible awful father to his son Bone Cold which made him a nasty/despicable villain, but cool that he changed & turned good for his bad abusive actions.
Patrick Zala(Mobile Suit Gundam Seed/Destiny) - He was a really bad megalomanical/horrible father on wanting to kill his poor son, Athrun, but his just desserts death at the end was epic though.
Mr. Flam/Outlook III(One Piece) - Ugh, really terrible fathers for poor Franky/Sabo that need to die!!!!!!
King Bradley(Pride/Wrath 2)/Father/Shou Tucker(Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood) - They may be awesome psychopathic villains, but they're awful/horrible fathers and their just desserts were awesome!!!!!!!
Manzo(Samurai 7) - Shino's lousy father whose just desserts is sweet!!!!!!!!
Zatch's terrible foster father/Li-Akron(Zatch Bell!) - They're terrible/awful fathers for poor Zatch/Li-en.
Don Wei(Oban Star Racers) - He was quite the terrible/uptight scumbag father for poor Eva(Molly) until when he finally cleans up his awful behavior, sweet.
Bo's father(Magical DoReMi) - Ugh, what a terrible/awful father on his poor son Bo, but at least he finally cleaned up his lousy behavior to care about his son Bo.
Fugaku/Hiashi/The Fourth Kazekage/Mui(Naruto/Shippuden/Naruto Shippuden Movie 5: Blood Prison) - They were all terrible/awful jerkface fathers for poor Sasuke/Hinata/Gaara/Muku, but Hiashi/Mui changed which is nice, but Fugaku/The Fourth Kazekage's well-satisfying deaths were awesome!!!!!!
Mr. Inoue/Ryuken/Mayuri(Bleach) - Those three were such scummy horrible/despicable fathers for poor Orihime/Uryu/Nemu, but Mr. Inoue/Mayuri's just desserts was so awesome, and Ryuken's comeuppance will be coming pretty soon too, hehehe.
Shiro(Midori Days) - Nao's nasty/perverted/psychopathic scientist father who's a really bad terrible father until he finally redeemed himself in the finale.
Mr. Shiraishi(Tokko) - He's a really horrible/nasty father for his twisted mutant experiments and even hurting his own daughter Yukino in the process.I'm glad he died which was well-satisfying for what he did!!!!!
King Zenoheld/Professor Clay Fermin(Bakugan: New Vestroia) - Those two were such nasty, awful power-hungry/psychopathic fathers during the whole season, but in the finale, Professor Clay Fermin finally sees the light and saves his daughter Mira before his sad death.King Zenoheld's just desserts death from Prince Hydron was awesome.I'm shocked that John "Beastly/Graydon Creed" Stocker voiced King Zenoheld which was cool though.
Charles zi Britannia(Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion/R2) - He was quite the cold hearted/terrible uncaring father for poor Lelouch while being a power-hungry megalomanical emperor, but his well-satisfying death was awesome!!!!!
Morocco(Kiba) - Foya's horrible fat father with a satisfying death.
Herbert(Monster) - Wim's terrible/awful alcoholic father for his poor son Wim, but it was nice that he redeemed himself at the end to shoot Johan to save his son Wim.
Mr. Heartfilia/Brain(Zero)/Faust/Ivan(Fairy Tail) - They were quite the terrible/awful fathers for poor Lucy, Midnight/Brain II, Mystogan(Edolas Jellal), and Laxus, but their well-satisfying defeats were EPIC!!!!!!At the end, it was nice that Mr. Heartfilia/Faust fully changed from their terrible actions.
Mr. Kasuga(Kekkaishi) - Yomi's crappy/terrible father that needs a severe beating!!!!!!
Mr. Sonohara/Shingen(Durarara!!) - They were pretty terrible/awful fathers for poor Anri/Shinra, but Shingen is pretty crazy/hilarious at times, hahahahaha!!!!!Mr. Sonohara's death was well-satisfying, go Saika!!!!!!
Lord Gherta(Tai Chi Chasers) - Rai's awesome father who goes to the darkside becoming a great dangerous/megalomanical tyrant villain.
Teppei(Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/When They Cry/Kai/Kira/Rei) - Satoshi/Satoko's terrible/awful uncle/foster father whose just desserts death was well-satisfying!!!!!!!
Lieral/Mr. Eris(The Legend of the Legendary Heroes) - Ryner(Feruna)/Ferris's terrible awful fathers whose just desserts deaths were sweet!!!!!!
Kriem's father(Tiger and Bunny) - Such a horrible/sucky father for poor Kriem who needs a severe beatdown!!!!!!!
Mr. Takami(Deadman Wonderland) - Yo/Minatsuki's horrible father whose well-satisfying death from Minatsuki was awesome!!!!!!
Alice's father(King of Thorn) - A pretty lousy abusive father for poor Alice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Urusei Yatsura

The Revolutionist
No contest, it's Peter Griffen. I remember one episode where Meg just walked into the living room and he shot her. Which was ridiculous and unfunny...

... Yeah, I can't think of any dads worse than him. :shrug:

RonDrakenfan17

Luffy fan
Yah a lot of the times Peter Griffin does show that he's the worst father of any animation series :p Than again, there's Zuko's father from Avatar the Last Airbender, which one? Hmmm.

Rainbow Sharpie

gonna bury you with my sound~
I'd have to agree with Peter Griffin. I believe there was an entire episode where he admitted he hated his kids and tried to spend the rest of the episode bonding with them, only to fail (no suprise). :sweat:

Azeke

Ozai actually made a mess out of his whole family, not jut Zuko.

Banished his wife. Didn't really cared about Azula too.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
I was going to say Stu Pickles from Rugrats for constantly leaving his and his friends' infant children unattended, but I'd say he's one of a pair of bad parents.

SuperMegaHyper

...I don't even know anymore.
Then there's Clay (Moral Orel) who drunkenly shoots his son in the wilderness, leaving him crippled for the rest of his life, and he dosen't take any kind of responsibilty for it.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
I would put Stan Smith before Peter Griffin on a list of worst dads. They both do some pretty horrible things to their offspring, but Stan doesn't even have the excuse of being an idiot and his transgressions tend to be clever and Xanatos-ish.

Also, in terms of how their respective shows regard them, I'd rank Homer Simpson above Peter too. FG generally makes no bones about how bad a dad Peter is, and everything is played for laughs. The Simpsons disingenuously still expects us to consider Homer sympathetic and a loving dad in spite of all the horrible things he puts his kids through.

Early Cuyler would be my top pick. Some of the dads listed here are pretty bad, but have any of them held their own sons at knifepoint, more than once?

Game Freak 4

TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!
Earlier days, Homer Jay Simpson really wanted what was right for his family. Back then, he really did care for his family and, at the very least, tried hard to be a good father. And was very supportive, as well. Guess what happen then?

Peter Löwenbräu Griffin was a bit caring and supportive back then. We was still a bit selfish, bit hey, at least, he did cheer and support Meg and Chris, back then. yet again, guess what happened?

Count Timmy Turner's father, as well.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!

Featured Posts