"Young Justice: Outsiders" Season Three Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this season

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 2 14.3%

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Feeling the aster

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The first 3 episodes of Young Justice: Outsiders streams today at 5am (PST)/ 8am (EST) on DC Universe! Show your support for Young Justice: Outsiders on Twitter by live-tweeting #YoungJustice and #YoungJusticeOutsiders to @TheDCUniverse during today's episodes!

Young Justice: Outsiders
Friday, January 4, 2019 - "#47 Princes All"
-- Season Premiere!
Synopsis: Dick Grayson gathers a squad to shut down meta-human trafficking.

Friday, January 4, 2019 - "#48 Royal We"
Synopsis: Dick Grayson and his team go undercover in Markovia.

Friday, January 4, 2019 - "#49 Eminent Threat"
Synopsis: Conner Kent and Prince Brion Markov are in the clutches of Count Vertigo.

Comments?

Mod Note: Please feel free to start discussing the episodes right away after they are released!

Discussion is encouraged, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode streams, too, providing your own running commentary, though AVOID successive posting or posts with only three words and under. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC! Any mention or implication of viewing an episode through illegal means will not be tolerated - the post will be deleted and/or an infraction will be issued.

Additionally, click here to discuss the one-shot tie-in comic to Young Justice Outsiders!

Last edited:

ShadowStar

I loved the first three episodes. Obviously there are tons of things in these episodes to unpack and discuss but I’ll just say that I felt that this was such a strong start. The show’s scale was very apparent and very well represented, especially in “Princes All,” and I hope that we will continue to see many more locations and characters as the season progresses. I really want to see more of Garth, Troia, Beast Boy etc. so here’s hoping that they will play more active roles in forthcoming episodes. The seeds have been planted here for things to come - let’s hope that the remaining 23 episodes of season 3 will deliver!

Medinnus

Staff member
I am forced to agree with Shadowstar (because I always resist agreeing with him! j/k). I am not going to comment quite yet - I want to watch the first three a few more times before I get into specific gripes and kudos - but so far I am rather satisfied!

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I'm disappointed by the lack of Tim Curry in Episode 2, I checked the credits and has been replaced.

I hope the next three episodes are more episodic and not just three separate parts.

Lonewolf36

Comments and things i noticed

The League has added at least 10 new members since te end odf season 2 Aqualad 27 through Steel 36 with 4 unknown designations Ice, Hardware, Katana and Batwoman plus 4 unknown members.

Batman leaves the League along with Green Arrow, Black Lightning, Plastic Man, Batwoman, Katana and Hardware taking Team members Robin, Spoiler and Arrowette with him.

Green Lantern (Hal), Green Lantern (Guy), Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Icon, Captain Atom and Atom are not seen so i'm guessing they are on the space teams.

Courtney Whitmore/Stargirl is seen interviewing Gar so maybe she is going to end up on the Team at some point.

Lynn Stewart, Black Lightning's wife/ex-wife, is now the sister of Green Lantern (John Stewart) which i believe is new and never took place in any comic.

Jennifer and Anissa Pierce is there but look a little Young to join the Team. Maybe if there is a season 4 and time jump they along with Arthur Curry Jr. can end up on the Team.

Felt sorry for the Plasmus siblings.

Tar was used in the Steel comics so i was hoping to see Steel show up and maybe Natasha will make an appearance later on.

Was kinda dispointed to not see Forager are Metamorpho in the first three episodes.

I like how Halo's origin stuck to her comic debut with the death and memory lost.

Hope the Team and League recruit more members with both being short handed now.

May be in the minority here but i like M'gann's new look.

Can't wait for next Friday and the next three episodes.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Apparently, Lynn always had Stewart as her last name, kind of ironic this show actually made her Jon's sister.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Lot to unpack and process, it's been weeks and I'm still pondering stuff. But I was pretty stoked to see a Wildstorm character (pity we never figured out who the cameo was in season one) and Hardware from Milestone. The latter was one of the last characters on my wishlist to see animated for a DC project. Hopefully we'll see more of him despite what happened.

The League has added at least 10 new members since te end odf season 2 Aqualad 27 through Steel 36 with 4 unknown designations Ice, Hardware, Katana and Batwoman plus 4 unknown members.
Yep. 10 in 2 years, pretty wild. The 4 unknowns I figured Fire, Blue Devil, and Adam Strange. Not sure about the 4th. Hmm.

Hope the Team and League recruit more members with both being short handed now.
Or some sort of remediation will happen and the defectors (probably Outsiders) may become a black ops strike team whereas the Team is mostly used to scout and if needed, act and coordinate with the JL on field missions.

May be in the minority here but i like M'gann's new look.
Yeah, didn't think they'd revisit that look from "Image."

I'm disappointed by the lack of Tim Curry in Episode 2, I checked the credits and has been replaced.
Godfrey and Beast Boy got recast so far. I'm curious if anyone else has been.

I hope the next three episodes are more episodic and not just three separate parts.
I think so, looking back on the past seasons some seemed more back to back while some were episodic.

Lonewolf36

Lot to unpack and process, it's been weeks and I'm still pondering stuff. But I was pretty stoked to see a Wildstorm character (pity we never figured out who the cameo was in season one) and Hardware from Milestone. The latter was one of the last characters on my wishlist to see animated for a DC project. Hopefully we'll see more of him despite what happened.

Yep. 10 in 2 years, pretty wild. The 4 unknowns I figured Fire, Blue Devil, and Adam Strange. Not sure about the 4th. Hmm.

Or some sort of remediation will happen and the defectors (probably Outsiders) may become a black ops strike team whereas the Team is mostly used to scout and if needed, act and coordinate with the JL on field missions.

Yeah, didn't think they'd revisit that look from "Image."

Godfrey and Beast Boy got recast so far. I'm curious if anyone else has been.

I think so, looking back on the past seasons some seemed more back to back while some were episodic.
Yes im hoping for more Hardware and the fifth Milestone character who is suppose to show up. I want Majestic from Wildstorm as well. I would be oppose to a Hanna-Barbera charater as well but if the Wonder Twins appear they fit that bill i suppose.

I thought Blue Devil and Adam Strange would be 27 and 28 but i agree they most likely 2 and Ice without Fire just doesn't seem right. for the 4th Mera maybe if not Vixen would be nice.

I think at least by the end of season if not before the Team and League members will be reunited.

M'gann looks similar to her Supergirl TV series look.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yes im hoping for more Hardware and the fifth Milestone character who is suppose to show up. I want Majestic from Wildstorm as well. I would be oppose to a Hanna-Barbera charater as well but if the Wonder Twins appear they fit that bill i suppose.
Yup, back in April 2013, Weisman hinted there's specific plans for Zan and Jayna.

I thought Blue Devil and Adam Strange would be 27 and 28 but i agree they most likely 2 and Ice without Fire just doesn't seem right. for the 4th Mera maybe if not Vixen would be nice.
True. Back in March 23, someone gave Weisman a list of "Vixen, Gypsy, Dr. Light, Fire, and Ice" and he hinted there were plans for using more characters from Justice League comics, including some in the list. We got Ice at least so far.

And during Legacy PR in 2012, he said Starfire was discussed for possible use.

I think at least by the end of season if not before the Team and League members will be reunited.
Agreed, and it's a running theme at this point.

Marvelman02

Excuse while I pat myself on the back. I called this years ago. I don't know exactly when, but I called it: Wally returns and Artemis is in another relationship. How sure am I of this? I am 100% certain of this. And, as a natural skeptic, that is saying something. Anybody wanna take bets?

The whole point of Artemis' family is to drive the Spitfire fans insane!!!! This is Greg torturing us! So, Wally is definitely coming back, and for Wally it's going to be Hell. Because when Wally returns, it will be as if no time has passed. His reward for saving the world is losing the person he loves most in the world. Life is unfair.

The timing of this bothers me though. Artemis has a child, and Wally has been gone for two years? How long has this relationship been going on? So, she mourns for a year then gets married and has a baby? That's fast work if you ask me.

Lonewolf36

A question the character that killed the King and Queen is it suppose to be Sirocco.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
A question the character that killed the King and Queen is it suppose to be Sirocco.
I'll tweet W&V and see if they can confirm/correct.

Marvelman02

I thought they were just housemates and that's Lian.

Well, if that's true. I will really have egg on my face, won't I? Yeah, I thought the child was an infant but upon closer examination she should be 3-4 years old. In other words: the right age for Liam. So much for my theory. But why was Roy calling himself... Oh, I get it. Roy chose a new name because he found the original Roy Harper! Well, so much for my brilliant theory!:oops:

Although I will add... we do not know the exact relationship between Will and Artemis. And, since Jade is like a darker, sultrier, twisted version of Artemis... my theory could still be true.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, if that's true. I will really have egg on my face, won't I? Yeah, I thought the child was an infant but upon closer examination she should be 3-4 years old. In other words: the right age for Liam. So much for my theory. But why was Roy calling himself... Oh, I get it. Roy chose a new name because he found the original Roy Harper! Well, so much for my brilliant theory!:oops:

Although I will add... we do not know the exact relationship between Will and Artemis. And, since Jade is like a darker, sultrier, twisted version of Artemis... my theory could still be true.
Artemis is clearly still grieving and romance in no way would be on her radar. <counts fingers> She must have graduated with her bachelors already so moving away from California with Brucely makes sense. Who knows what both of their financial situations are, William probably needed help raising Lian so Aunty Artie to the rescue, guessing that house is a rental - who knows what the median is in Central City unless Uncle Batman pitches in -- I still think they're just friends and housemates. Plus, Artemis is probably vested in making sure Lian doesn't end up like her mother.

Frontier

Staff member
Man, it feels good to have Young Justice back, especially with these three opening episodes being such a strong start to season 3. I'm engaged, I'm pumped, I'm thinking, I'm excited, and I'm just glad to have one of the best Superhero cartoons of all time back :D.

The new intro seems pretty fitting in conveying how Earth and Apokolips are now at war with each other, more or less, with the Metagene being a central facet of it :cool:.

You can definitely tell that this is a show being produced without a worry from standards and practices when in the first episode we have somebody get melted alive, Black Lightning actually kill a girl, and the King and Queen of Markovia brutally murdered. I'm almost kind of surprised no one swore :sweat:.

There's definitely a bit of a visual change from past seasons, with the designs and animations seeming more in-line with the DC Animated Features and some characters sporting designs pretty heavily reminiscent of their designs from those movies. Which isn't too surprising since Phil Bourassa designed them and is back as character designer, so either he didn't want to go back to his old style or everyone agreed to the change. I like Bourassa's designs in general so I didn't really mind, and Superheroes change costumes all the time, but I can understand how it could be jarring for some viewers (Wonder Woman almost looks like an entirely different character if you compare her old and new design) :ack:.

I do wonder if some of the newer redesigns, like Green Arrow and Plastic Man's, will turn up in the animated movies at some point...

M'Gann's new look was definitely a surprise. I guess it's nice to see she's more open about being a White Martian, but it'll take some getting used to :confused:.

Batman leaving the League because they've become more ineffectual or placid having to deal with politics and government mandates to form his own team is straight out of the Outsiders comics. Although you almost get the sense that Batman is more cynical and just plain tired then he used to be. Which isn't too surprising considering he's gone through a dead Robin and something happened to Batgirl (since Barbara's now Oracle) :crying: .

Green Arrow leaving and springing that on Black Canary reminded me of Cry For Justice. I can see why Ollie would be so tired of kids getting kidnapped and experimented on after what happened with Speedy that he would jump at the chance to be more actively involved in stopping it, although it looks like it's put him in the doghouse with Dinah :eek: .

Poor Flash being left as the only Leaguer in the hologram group that didn't resign. Actually, isn't he the only active League founder still on Earth :confused:?

It figures that Batman and Green Arrow would take their people with them after they left, though it looks like it's going to end up breaking Tim and Cassie up. And it might lead to him and Spoiler interacting more...although, really, how could Robin not have followed Batman? For all we know Tim lives with Bruce at the Manor like Dick did :(.

Well, at least Virgil got to have a mentor for a year or two. You could see he had an idea of what Black Lightning was going through, and what he was going to do, so I feel bad for both of them :sad:.

Roy being "Will" is going to take some getting used to, since I usually think of him more as "Roy" then I do Arsenal/original Roy, but I guess it makes sense he'd change his name to try and move past the clone drama. And are he and Artemis together, or just living together? It would be kind of interesting if Artemis is more a part of Lian's life then Cheshire is :quinn:.

I wonder how long Superman's been in space for? That's got to be harmful to League morale and to Earth and Metropolis in general. I guess Steel's taking care of Metropolis, but I'm curious what Superboy may do if he feels he needs to make up for Clark's absence :ack:.

I wasn't expecting Conner to propose to M'Gann, less so that she would accept, although depending on how complicated Conner's life gets now that he's thrown in with Nightwing, I don't expect the wedding to happen soon...

Was that Speedster someone from the comics? I feel like there was a Middle Eastern Speedster but I can't put a name on them. I wonder if the only reason Bedlam was able to shoot him was because he wasn't as fast as The Flash or because Bedlam was in on it :confused:?

Interesting that Nightwing was the only person in contact with Oracle. Do the heroes in general know about her? Is she only known to the Batfamily? Or just Nightwing :elle:?

Greg Cipes voicing Beast Boy here was pretty surreal. I recall that Logan Grove went into the Navy, so they probably couldn't get him back, but it's kind of weird to have probably the most well-known Beast Boy VA come in to voice him here. I am glad that Cipes used a more normal version of his Beast Boy voice, since I don't think his usual Gar voice would have fit on this show :).

I also liked them incorporating Beast Boy's cheesey Sci-Fi TV show from the comics here, and I really liked them depicting him as a Metahuman advocate. Gar's all about the glamour, but he's still got a good heart ;).

I really hope at some point someone just cuts all pretense and socks Luthor in the jaw. And with Queen Bee invading Qurac I could really use some more comeuppance for the Light by the end of the season :mad:.

Garth turning up as Atlantis' ambassador to the UN was a nice surprise, since I really wasn't expecting we'd see him again. It's nice that Arthur gave both of his original protege's pretty important jobs :proud:.

It was an even better surprise seeing Donna finally make her debut on the show, and as the ambassador to Themyscira. It does kind of make you wonder about what backstory they're working under for her here, since she's obviously affiliated with the Amazons. She also goes by "Troia," so I wonder if that's her Amazonian name while Donna Troy is her Man's World name? I hope we get to see her in-costume and in action at some point. I also found it amusing that she was voiced by Grey Griffin again, since Ms. Griffin's now alternating between playing Wonder Woman and playing her sister :anime:.

Superboy mourning Mother Boxes...well, you do you Conner, but I guess he'd understand how Mother Boxes are alive in a way most people not from New Genesis wouldn't :ack:.

A henchemen named "Hench." Seems like he probably had a lot of job opportunities in life...

I'm curious if they're setting up Artemis to fulfill the role of Halo's mother figure/caretaker from Katana in this, although I would like to think they'll acknowledge that relationship if/when Halo and Katana meet :).

I wonder if that bug drone was Ted Kord-tech? It looked Blue Beetle-ish :cool:.

Count Vertigo really seems like the pinch-hitter for the Light, doing all these odd jobs for them (and, by extension, Apokolips). So he creates Metahuman soldiers to help Apokolips in their invasion of other planets :evil:.

I was wondering who Simon Ecks was, but turns out he's Doctor Double X. I guess that explains why he went all multiple man at the end there ;).

Did anyone else get the sense that Dr. Jace's care for Brion went past a normal care for a doctor and their patient? She seemed really concerned about him, even more then when she saw Halo :confused:.

Having Whitney Moore playing an actual character in Young Justice who hosts a show very similar to DC All Access was neat, but I'm not sure how I feel about turning Courtney Whitmore into an internet blogger. The fact that it's there as a cameo for someone affiliated with DC kind of tells me we probably won't see Stargirl in a major role later on :(.

Beast Boy dating Perdita was an interesting surprise. I guess Gar's type is blonde royalty when you think about it. I thought they connected during a Team mission, but I wasn't expecting it to happen at Wally's funeral. Courtney's "heart" comment was on-point :anime:.

I liked that Artemis, a former Green Arrow sidekick, was the one who took out Vertigo ;).

I thought it was cool to see Superboy beat the tar out of Bedlam once he got into the fight. Bedlam may have tough skin and super-strength as well, but he doesn't have Conner's training and experience :cool:.

Thank goodness Gregor is a King with a legitimate IQ and guts as he completely sees past Bedlam's machinations. He's not even old enough and already he seems like the best choice to lead the country after his parents' death. It's just too bad he had to exile his brother though :(.

I wonder how much trouble our heroes are going to get into once footage of what happened in Markovia leaks. I don't think it would take much for at least anyone in the League or Team to figure out who all was involved there :eek: .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts