"Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (Disney+ Animated Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I guess this is probably a more interesting take on it because we know Norman is a bad influence, Peter can't completely trust him, and it has a finite end date (when Norman goes full supervillain).

I just don't want someone in Peter's ear constantly telling him what to do...

I love Oracle but this has become a tiresome trope elsewhere. Especially with guys like Spider-Man and The Flash. Discovering how to overcome a villain through scientific discovery was part of their silver age charm. You don't just want someone acting like an AI assistant dumping the answers on them.

Frontier

Staff member
First look at the entire cast of Friendly Neighborhood.

GUpaHm9WAAAz8-k

Pattern_Maker

That's a retro-looking Iron Man suit there. I recall some posts on Twitter saying that the girl behind Peter and May (with the red streak in her hair) is the female Tarantula.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
That's a retro-looking Iron Man suit there. I recall some posts on Twitter saying that the girl behind Peter and May (with the red streak in her hair) is the female Tarantula.
I believe it is Tarantula.

Retro Golden Avenger Iron Man was always my favorite version. From the first time I ever saw him, reading an old Hulk comic my uncle had in his attic when i was 5.

Frontier

Staff member
Theories:

- Scorpion (between Aunt May and Amadeus Cho).

- White Rabbit (on the right of Iron Man and Nico).

- Unicorn (between Amadeus Cho and Norman).

- Rhino (behind Chameleon).

- Carlie Cooper (on the left of Lonnie Lincoln and above the Future Foundation suit).

- Curt Conners (above the Hornet suit).

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
Theories:

- Scorpion (between Aunt May and Amadeus Cho).

- White Rabbit (on the right of Iron Man and Nico).

- Unicorn (between Amadeus Cho and Norman).

- Rhino (behind Chameleon).

- Carlie Cooper (on the left of Lonnie Lincoln and above the Future Foundation suit).

- Curt Conners (above the Hornet suit).
As much as I'd like it to be White Rabbit I think that looks more like it could be Screaming Mimi.

I love the visual style they're going with for the show, the Leonardo Romero designs are great. I've long wanted a retro styled Spidey cartoon, I hope it's well written and surprises us like X-Men '97 did.

Frontier

Staff member
As much as I'd like it to be White Rabbit I think that looks more like it could be Screaming Mimi.

I love the visual style they're going with for the show, the Leonardo Romero designs are great. I've long wanted a retro styled Spidey cartoon, I hope it's well written and surprises us like X-Men '97 did.
Now that you mention it, I can see it being a younger (and less clown-looking) Screaming Mimi.

I wonder if the girl in the yellow jacket is actually White Rabbit then? It seems like most of the characters in that row other than Daredevil are villains.

I just wish there were more recognizable characters in the cast (where's Jonah? MJ? Flash?). I also think Aunt May looks too young.

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
Now that you mention it, I can see it being a younger (and less clown-looking) Screaming Mimi.

I wonder if the girl in the yellow jacket is actually White Rabbit then? It seems like most of the characters in that row other than Daredevil are villains.

I just wish there were more recognizable characters in the cast (where's Jonah? MJ? Flash?). I also think Aunt May looks too young.
I'm missing JJJ big time too, hope he's not absent and not just a cameo! I don't mind intermingling more random Marvel U characters but not at the expense of changing out so many of Peter's cast members, there should be a balance at least and I hope it's there.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm missing JJJ big time too, hope he's not absent and not just a cameo! I don't mind intermingling more random Marvel U characters but not at the expense of changing out so many of Peter's cast members, there should be a balance at least and I hope it's there.
Every show post-Spectacular feels like it's half a Peter Parker cartoon and half a vehicle for promoting other teen heroes/characters:

Ultimate was probably the most overt with all of the various teams Spidey was on.

The 2017 show had the other Spiders along with Ironheart, Cloak and Dagger (who were also in Ultimate), Ms. Marvel, and Amadeus Cho (who will now have been in three consecutive Peter Parker cartoons despite barely interacting with him in the comics).

And now with this show we've got Nico, Cho, Finesse, Wave, probably some others.

It's not that I'm against Spidey doing team-ups or seeing new characters in a Spidey cartoon, and I'm actually fans of these characters, but it feels like it keeps coming at the expense of the civilian cast.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
As I asked in the D23 thread, please don't link to or post leaked footage from the trailers shown at the presentation, unless it comes from an official source (i.e., Marvel, Disney+, etc.). There was probably a reason press wasn't allowed to record or share online footage from D23 so let's please respect that.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I just listened to his podcast segment. Nothing new about the show but they go over Jeff's history, how he got into writing, what he loves about Spidey, and what you can expect from the show. He spoke about becoming a pro wrestler as a teen, and joked that he did it to be like Spider-Man.

harry580

I just listened to his podcast segment. Nothing new about the show but they go over Jeff's history, how he got into writing, what he loves about Spidey, and what you can expect from the show. He spoke about becoming a pro wrestler as a teen, and joked that he did it to be like Spider-Man.
is it a callback to the 2002 spiderman movie?

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts