Dr.Pepper

I remember it but I never saw it. I was in high school at the time and had zero interest in watching preschool shows.

GlassCake

It's a shame the US dubs for Little Robots, Gordon the Garden Gnome and Peppa Pig are not around. What actors did they use?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Though we never got Tickle-U, we got most of their shows:
-Firehouse Tales: aired in Portugal as "Bombeiros Sobre Rodas" on RTP 2 around 2010;
-Gerald McBoing-Boing: aired here as "Geraldo de Boing Boing" (or something like that) on RTP 2 around 2008, we then got to see it in English on Boomerang EMEA's Cartoonito in 2011;
-Gordon the Garden Gnome: never aired here;
-Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs: aired from 2006 onwards on RTP 2 and Canal Panda for a few years;
-Krypto the Superdog: only aired here on Boomerang EMEA's Cartoonito block in 2013;
-Little Robots: aired on RTP 2 in 2004;
-Peppa Pig: aired originally on Nickelodeon Europe (in Portuguese) as "Peppa, a Porquinha", then it became "A Porquinha Peppa" on RTP 2 in 2010 and later on Canal Panda;
-Yoko! Jakamoto! Toto!: never aired over here.

GlassCake

Though we never got Tickle-U, we got most of their shows:
-Firehouse Tales: aired in Portugal as "Bombeiros Sobre Rodas" on RTP 2 around 2010;
-Gerald McBoing-Boing: aired here as "Geraldo de Boing Boing" (or something like that) on RTP 2 around 2008, we then got to see it in English on Boomerang EMEA's Cartoonito in 2011;
-Gordon the Garden Gnome: never aired here;
-Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs: aired from 2006 onwards on RTP 2 and Canal Panda for a few years;
-Krypto the Superdog: only aired here on Boomerang EMEA's Cartoonito block in 2013;
-Little Robots: aired on RTP 2 in 2004;
-Peppa Pig: aired originally on Nickelodeon Europe (in Portuguese) as "Peppa, a Porquinha", then it became "A Porquinha Peppa" on RTP 2 in 2010 and later on Canal Panda;
-Yoko! Jakamoto! Toto!: never aired over here.
So, basically everyting but Yoko Jakamoko Toto and Gordon the Garden Gnome

GlassCake

Yes. Plus we didn't get Krypto the Superdog until as late as 2013, but it stayed on the channel for less than a year.
It's weird how WB used Canadian talent for Krytpo and Johnny Test. How is ACTRA approving this if it's produced in America?

Mikurotoro92

Banned
i must be the only one who has never even heard of this block! im serious i don't remember it because ive never heard of it but the only show from this block i have actually heard of is peppa pig but that's only because of nick jr! based on these comments should i consider myself lucky?

GlassCake

i must be the only one who has never even heard of this block! im serious i don't remember it because ive never heard of it but the only show from this block i have actually heard of is peppa pig but that's only because of nick jr! based on these comments should i consider myself lucky?
Yeah. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones.

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
I remembered it, but I didn't watch it a lot compared to Nick Jr. and Noggin. I did see the American Peppa Pig, and 2 years later, I went on the "Noggin Presents" page on the Noggin Website, only to find out it used the original English version. This is a lot like what happened with (*sigh*) Caillou in the UK, where it had a British cast when it aired on Cartoonito, and on Tiny Pop, which is a Freeview channel, unlike Cartoonito, it uses the original version from the U.S., Australia, and Canada. I guess it's because the British version didn't do very well in the ratings, meaning that it was "ill-fated", Tiny Pop didn't know or give a *censor* about that version, they didn't know any of the cast members from that version, or that the voices were just annoying, but Gilby1385 (one of my friends on YouTube) said that Caillou sounded lower than he did in the original version, so I highly doubt that it could've been annoying, but they left the intro with the original audio, which is annoying.

GlassCake

The only full ep from the US Peppa dub was the episode where Peppa pretends to be a detective

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I saw Tickle U once. I don't remember if it was more than that but I remember flipping through the TV listings one day and saw something called Tickle U on so I decided to see what it was. I could definitely remember that it was a preschool block, but all that I could actually remember of it was Pipoca, and I didn't even remember her until seeing the videos in this thread. I don't even remember any of the shows. The names of a couple shows mentioned here do sound somewhat familiar, though I'm not sure it was because of Tickle U. The one that I definitely knew about was Peppa Pig, and that was only because I've seen it on the listings for Nick Jr., as well as commercials for the toys. I don't remember if I saw it on Tickle U.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also heard of Krypto the Superdog. I have a friend that loves it, and I remember seeing it on the Boomerang schedule a few years ago, but if I actually saw the show, it was on Tickle U and I don't remember it.

Last edited:

Jazz

^Nice work!

I remember when this started, I was about 12 and I had the strangest notion that it wouldn't last long, and surprisingly enough I was right. But while I clearly remember the promos for shows like Gerald McBoingBoing, I don't think I watched the block at all during its short life span. It's probably for the best that Cartoon Network keeps this one buried tbh.

InvaderWeezle

I was 10 and I remember being really upset that this was going to become a thing because it would be taking away time that I could be watching more worthwhile shows. Thankfully it didn't last long.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
It's like I said, the only noteworthy show for me on that whole worthless block was that 2006 reboot of Gerald McBoingBoing... Everything else sucked and I'm glad it didn't last long, because that said reboot (for an example of what sucked on this block) was pretty dang bad, as well.

Things didn't get better for CN for me until AT and RS showed up in 2010 - THANK GOD for BOTH SHOWS (even though both really do need to end at some point, now...).

SmileyToonatic

I remember seeing Tickle U at a hotel when I was 8 years old. It was in 2006, I think, and I vividly remember seeing a show called Yoko!Jakamoto!Toto! I remember me and my siblings watching it at the hotel and we were all cracking up because Yoko, Jakamoto and Toto can only communicate by saying each others names! Good times! I also remember Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs, but I wasn't really interested in it. I did like Gerald McBoing Boing,Baby Looney Tunes and Krypto the Superdog, but I didn't watch those on Tickle U, I watched them on Boomerang in 2008. All in all, I didn't hate Tickle U like most people seem to. It was a nice attempt at airing something warm and preschool friendly.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Looking at the Boomerang Imaginary Rebrand pitch really makes me wish that we get this rebrand instead of what we got in 2015.

I was at my local Wal-Mart, and they had merchandise out for the new Garfield movie. There's a plush doll of Baby Garfield that meows, and you have to feed him a piece of lasagna or pizza.
I want to thank both Silverstar and Goldstar for their awesome posts and great presence in this forum. Love ya!
Hey, internet: You all owe Natasha Klein (creator of Primos) an apology. It doesn't matter if you want to watch the show or not. There was no logical reason to unleash that level of vitriol over just a few words, especially before the show has even aired. Now all of y'all line up and tell her you're sorry.

Featured Posts