GlassCake

I remember seeing Tickle U at a hotel when I was 8 years old. It was in 2006, I think, and I vividly remember seeing a show called Yoko!Jakamoto!Toto! I remember me and my siblings watching it at the hotel and we were all cracking up because Yoko, Jakamoto and Toto can only communicate by saying each others names! Good times! I also remember Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs, but I wasn't really interested in it. I did like Gerald McBoing Boing,Baby Looney Tunes and Krypto the Superdog, but I didn't watch those on Tickle U, I watched them on Boomerang in 2008. All in all, I didn't hate Tickle U like most people seem to. It was a nice attempt at airing something warm and preschool friendly.
I was obsessed with that show for a 9 year old at the time. It kinda sucks that North American English voices of both Harry & His Dinosaurs, Gordon the Garden Gnome, Little Robots and Peppa Pig are scarce in the internet. All they have is their original UK voices. If only someone recorded their voices.

SmileyToonatic

Yeah, Tickle U shows are almost impossible to find episodes online! Luckily I just bought Gerald McBoing Boing on DVD because it was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid!

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
And ironically I got to know about Peppa Pig thanks to the American voices on Tickle U's website. I could put an archived copy of it but it mostly worked with Flash so it's not functional.

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
I was obsessed with that show for a 9 year old at the time. It kinda sucks that North American English voices of both Harry & His Dinosaurs, Gordon the Garden Gnome, Little Robots and Peppa Pig are scarce in the internet. All they have is their original UK voices. If only someone recorded their voices.
The British voices of Caillou are also scarce on the internet. I found the show's web archive pages, and they have clips, but they don't work on my computer.
http://web.archive.org/web/20110219210440/http://www.cartoonito.co.uk/shows/caillou
http://web.archive.org/web/20111209093732/http://www.cartoonito.co.uk/tv-show/caillou

JaredCap43™

At least we have the U.S, voices of The Mr. Men Show on the internet, even though it didn't air on Tickle U because Tickle U was cancelled by the time The Mr. Men Show premiered.

JaredCap43™

I wonder what it would've been like if they still had the block after 2007, and added Pocoyo, but gave the narrator and Pocoyo an American accent, and (HEAVILY) edited the episodes so that they would fit 2 in 15 minutes.

GlassCake

I wonder what it would've been like if they still had the block after 2007, and added Pocoyo, but gave the narrator and Pocoyo an American accent, and (HEAVILY) edited the episodes so that they would fit 2 in 15 minutes.
I have no idea?! But let's say it would get a lot of hate mail.

At least we have the U.S, voices of The Mr. Men Show on the internet, even though it didn't air on Tickle U because Tickle U was cancelled by the time The Mr. Men Show premiered.
See more of the Mr. Men voices on the anime Yokai Watch because it was directed by the same director, Mark Ristley. Joey D'Auria (Mr. Fussy/Scatterbrain/Rude) is Whisper and more, Alicyn Packard (Miss Sunshine/Naughty/Whoops) is Jibanyan and more and Paul Greenberg (Mr. Bump/Quiet) is Manjimutt and Bear and more.

And ironically I got to know about Peppa Pig thanks to the American voices on Tickle U's website. I could put an archived copy of it but it mostly worked with Flash so it's not functional.
Please for all nostalgia. Post the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaredCap43™

And also, the original English voices of Firehouse Tales are scarce on the internet as well. That show was carried over to Cartoonito in Europe, but it hasn't aired for at least 2 years. Ellen's Acres (another show that aired right after Tickle U got cancelled) was also carried over to Cartoonito in the UK, but it hasn't aired for at least 8 years.

jaylop97

Staff member
Its tragic to see these beginner Preschool CN shows air for a while then to stop airing, kind of reminds me of another beginner show The Moxy Show.

JaredCap43™

Jared DiCarlo

Oh god.... I remember this crap. I was 5 when it came on, and it was the first time my babysitter allowed me and my older brother to watch Cartoon Network. Does anyone else remember the "Mommy Bar" that scrolled across the bottom of the screen with messages targeted towards moms? Apparently, CN didn't count on any dads staying at home...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Seriously, I can't wait for the brand-new Puella Magi Madoka Magica movie titled Walpurgisnacht Rising! You?
The rumor about MeTV Toons launching on June 25th has been deleted. Now there's no word on whether the channel will launch or not.
Happy 25th Anniversary to SpongeBob SquarePants!

The official Bluey channel on YouTube has uploaded the "Dad Baby" episode in full, meaning that it is finally legally available to American fans.

Featured Posts