"2024 Summer Olympics" Official Talkback (Spoilers)

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I first saw it in 2021 , but the Cycling road race is fun , it was 6 hours today (watching it on the CNBC replay on NBC sports app) it's really nice kind of light viewing with a great scenery and stuff.

Reactions: Moe

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
One of the other cool things about the Olympics is seeing the interactions between athletes of different sports. Case in point is the NBA players interacting with the U.S. Table Tennis team. NBA player Anthony Edwards went to one of their games and then members of the table tennis team showed up to their practice.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I saw the Men's solo archery. Man, that was a nail biter. Perfect 30 score tie in the final set and US losing only by a smidge, 10 vs. 9. Man.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
They added a new event called Kayak cross, it's kind of fun and wild. It's chaos in a good way.

Mandouga

I saw sport climbing. I had no idea that bouldering was so difficult, that climbers are more limely to fall off without ever reaching the 5 point mark, let alone the 10 or 25.

I learned that for synchr...er, "artistic" swimming (don't really like the name), they were letting up to two men compete as team members during the team competition, but not the duet. However, there were no actual men competing in these olympics.

I'm looking forward to break(danc)ing. I hear that a number of well-known dancers are part of the group of 16 men, including someone from South Korea named "Hong 10"?

I was glad to learn they adjusted Jordan Chiles' score after her floor exercise final after an "inquiry". With stories of judges giving gymnasts unfair scores, this was also scary...

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Still thinking about the USA men's basketball game against Serbia yesterday, what a game. Also congrats to Ami from Japan for winning the first gold medal in women's breaking!

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
She's going to be a long reigning winner since Breaking was one of the events that was chosen by France to put in, so it won't be back in 2028.

Mandouga

Until there's an official announcement, we have to assume that it will be back for Los Angeles 2028.

In any case, I personally don't mind. I think Breaking being in the Olympics is a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moe

I'm not happy about how Jordan Chiles treated badly on social media and it wasn't up to her for appeal, so it was her coach did as best interest for herself and USA Gymnastics. The appeal is normal process for gymnastics if there is error with score, so it has to be filed on time.

Speaking about medal situation, I don't want to create a rift between the US and Romania that where some of members here live there, so be fair, judge whoever handled with score should go for good, and judge is no good to both nations. Also, the coach of USA Gymnastics should know better about rule. The judge is one of biggest blame for mess, even Romanian gymnasts blame on judge as well, and they have nothing to against on Jordan Chiles. It would be helpful if Romanian gymnasts call anyone out for bullying her opponent.

Unfortunately, social media can be brutal and yeah, sometime, gymnastic score can be very messy.

In my opinion, it is best interest for Jordan Chiles to return the medal to Romanian gymnast, so she has much better chance to win the game in 2028 LA Olympics, also, plus, it is her beloved country.

Tomorrow is closing ceremony and forward to record it, so is it similar to opening ceremony?

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
I'm not happy about how Jordan Chiles treated badly on social media and it wasn't up to her for appeal, so it was her coach did as best interest for herself and USA Gymnastics. The appeal is normal process for gymnastics if there is error with score, so it has to be filed on time.

Speaking about medal situation, I don't want to create a rift between the US and Romania that where some of members here live there, so be fair, judge whoever handled with score should go for good, and judge is no good to both nations. Also, the coach of USA Gymnastics should know better about rule. The judge is one of biggest blame for mess, even Romanian gymnasts blame on judge as well, and they have nothing to against on Jordan Chiles. It would be helpful if Romanian gymnasts call anyone out for bullying her opponent.

Unfortunately, social media can be brutal and yeah, sometime, gymnastic score can be very messy.

In my opinion, it is best interest for Jordan Chiles to return the medal to Romanian gymnast, so she has much better chance to win the game in 2028 LA Olympics, also, plus, it is her beloved country.

Tomorrow is closing ceremony and forward to record it, so is it similar to opening ceremony?

I saw a tweet that said that U.S. gymnastics and Romania had agreed to share the bronze and the IOC refused. We'll see what happens.

Yes, the closing ceremony is similar to the opening ceremony and then they have the delegation for the next Olympic city there as well.

Congrats to the U.S. men's basketball teams winning their fifth straight gold medal. France played well but they could not handle Stephen Curry's 3-point shooting. U.S. women have a chance to get gold tomorrow against France.

• Friendly
Reactions: Moe

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
The US Women won gold in football, great match! And it might have been the last international match for the Brazilian Captain, Marta.

Breaking for the men, the US got Bronze, France Silver, Canada Gold. The US will have the reigning Bronze medalist for a long time.

Congrats to Serbia on Bronze in the Basketball (men's) I have to Joker is on my local team , even though I'm not a basketball fan.

Congrats to Norway (Bronze), Germany (Silver) and Sweden (Gold) in Men's Beach Volleyball. Good matches today.

The Women's water polo team didn't make it to bronze, sadly breaking the streak ; Spain beat Australia in the gold.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I thought handball was confusing. It was first time I saw or heard of it. Then the other day, saw break dancing. Saw table tennis and the South Korean screaming with every point she made, totally throwing her German opponent off. Can't say the Olympics doesn't have it all.

J10

Forgot to remind all:

• Moroccan Football Team winning the third isn’t good. Hakimi (Player) and Moneer Muhammadi (Goalkeeper) are worse, especially in Spain Match. Neither Bono appeared nor Hamed Allah. I have decided before NOT to watch the final match.
  • Also, Eman Khulaif has won the 1st place, despite the complains from before.
  • Qatar’s National Weightlifter player has failed to success in weightlifting and his attempts has not been accomplished. I guess he doesn’t exercise well.
Now, the closing ceremony has been aired, and let’s see how it’ll look like.

That’s much better than the opening.

Last edited:

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
The closing was very nicely done. They had some good music and the transition to LA was nicely done. Red Hot Chili Peppers! nice!. Gonna miss the fun of these two weeks, I do have some stuff I wanted to watch that I couldn't get to with the Olympics, so I'm gonna finish that on Peacock. But I guess my sleep schedule will be happy again.

Reactions: J10

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Happy the U.S. women's basketball team was able to pull it out and get the Gold.

I always have a good time watching the Olympics and this year was no different. Looking forward to the Summer Olympics in L.A. in 2028(and of course, the Winter Olympics in 2026).

Reactions: J10

BigFatHairyDeal

Defender of the Universe
I spent an hour reading about the the entire Raygun breaking fiasco. This article is the best one I came across:

I gotta think that if Raygun really understood the breaking culture in Australia, there's ZERO PERCENT CHANCE she truly believed she was the best the country had to offer. Hey, I get it, we'd all love to call ourselves Olympians, but what a farce indeed. Why is a ballroom dancing organization the Federation responsible for selecting breakers to represent Oceania at the Olympics? This is a failure on so many levels, not the least of which being the Olympic spirit of bringing the best and brightest to the games.

In other news, I thought the organizers did a pretty substandard job with this Olympics, but the athletes bailed them out by putting together some amazing performances. I was hooked the last five or so days of competition.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts