4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

What about shows like Will and Dewit, Magi-nation, Winx club, Biker Mice from Mars...etc?

What is the status of these shows? Sorry, I am out of the loop.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
What about shows like Will and Dewit, Magi-nation, Winx club, Biker Mice from Mars...etc?

What is the status of these shows? Sorry, I am out of the loop.

Winx Club has a fourth season now in production after the success of the theatrical movie in Italy, so we'll probably see that sometime. Will and Dewitt is just hanging around for E/I purposes...it'll probably be replaced next season, if not sooner. Skunk Fu! is only reruns right now, so I'm guessing it'll be dropped eventually too. I doubt Magi-Nation will return, though it's possible if Cookie Jar produces another season. Biker Mice from Mars and Di-Gata Defenders are 28 and 52 episodes long, respectively, so they will probably disappear along with 4Kids TV.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Yeah, it's a what, ten-year-old franchise. It's run its course. The original audience has grown up and it doesn't have enough staying power to bring in a new generation really, unlike Pokemon.

I wouldn't mind if there was only one season of 5D's, or if not, I hope 5D's is the last series. Three is plenty.

I believe Yu-Gi-Oh! is actually more than ten years old if you by when the manga first started. The original audience probably was grown up too by the time GX came along and was established, but it still did pretty well. Just so you know, there are techincally four Yu-Gi-Oh! series. The first one doesn't connect to the other series at all and wasn't dubbed due to some legal issues between Toei, the company in charge of that series, and TV Tokyo, the company in charge of Duel Monsters and onward. In all honesty, I thought that the manga, or at least what I read of it, was much better than the attempted anime adaptation.

Anyway, I agree with D Dubbs that Yu-Gi-Oh! probably won't end anytime soon. Even with poor ratings, as long as the card game still sells well in the U.S. and Japan, which it is, then I would imagine that they will continue to make the series, with a new series coming up every few years or so. That sounds fine with me, but keep in mind that this is coming from the same person who still loves and enjoy Pokemon since season one and thinks that the recent seasons have been awesome.

mumbo

Look skyward
Chaotic will certainly continue. After all, 4Kids plans to draw out the series over seven seasons, and we're only on season two so far.

GoGoRiki will also likely continue for some time. 4Kids stated that they plan to dub 200 episodes of the series, plus there's no sign that the show will stop production in Russia anytime soon. And they have to have to fill 2 slots with E/I material anyway.

Dinosaur King already ended in Japan back in August, but there are still 50 episodes left to air on American TV, so it should last this year and the next.

I honestly don't think Yu-Gi-Oh! will end anytime soon...even if the ratings are low, the cards are still selling here in the U.S. and in Japan.

Viva Pinata will probably be taken off the lineup next year, and I'd say there's a 50-50 chance that TMNT might cease production too.

From my point of view, the only current shows that are certainly guaranteed to be on the block two years from now are Chaotic and GoGoRiki.
Well, there's also the midseason shows to look to.

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is going to be 40 episodes long, so they'll probably do a 14-26 episode split like they did with the first season of Chaotic, specifically with the theatrical movie coming in 2010. So that'll probably be gone in two years.

RollBots...well, it depends on its success obviously, but the press release about it made it sound like they want to keep that going for a while. They mentioned the first cycle is 26 episodes implying there will be more.

Huntik's also too early to tell. If they give it a Winx Club-like run then it will be around for a few years. But it and RollBots are probably both safe bets for two years from now. And if the Huntik TCG establishes itself they'll want to keep that train rolling as long as possible.

Anyway, with Yu-Gi-Oh's future, 4Kids can still sit on the license and collect money from the TCG even if the anime stops production. They'd probably just continue rereleasing the series on DVD or something, plus next season if there was no more 5D's they could still crank out GX Season 4. But in all honesty I just don't see Yu-Gi-Oh remaining on television for a whole lot longer.

Ian

¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
I find it surprising that this week's four items for their 4x4 contest were the four base proteins in DNA--that kind of stuff is usually on a higher level than 4Kids usually aims for and something that definitively isn't common knowledge. Weird, but good.

creativerealms

I know that's something chances are most parents did not know let alone kids.

Then again this is the age of the internet and even something like that is easy to find.

CyberCubed

Why is 4kids still giving away $4000 to fans in these promotions? They lose money yet they still do throw-away promotions like this?

Bratbat

I never trust these things.

And probably no one else does.

If someone actually did enter they would probably just make a up a person to avoid giving away the dough.

I am talking about all cash reward sweepstakes not just this one.

Blueranger

Well, there's also the midseason shows to look to.

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is going to be 40 episodes long, so they'll probably do a 14-26 episode split like they did with the first season of Chaotic, specifically with the theatrical movie coming in 2010. So that'll probably be gone in two years.
What do you mean by split?

Light Lucario

Staff member
Anyway, with Yu-Gi-Oh's future, 4Kids can still sit on the license and collect money from the TCG even if the anime stops production. They'd probably just continue rereleasing the series on DVD or something, plus next season if there was no more 5D's they could still crank out GX Season 4. But in all honesty I just don't see Yu-Gi-Oh remaining on television for a whole lot longer.

I do see where you're coming from, but I still disagree. The anime series have been able to promote the card game, which still does well in both Japan and the U.S., and so the anime will most likely continue to air on television. While not everyone who plays the card game watches the anime series, it does help to promote it and thus give all of the companies involved some more money.

They could still get benifits from the series in other ways, such as DVDs, but I'm thinking that they would want some anime series on air while the TCG is still doing farily well. Besides that, 4Kids takes a long time to release Yu-Gi-Oh! DVDs. Other than the season two and three sets for Yu-Gi-Oh!, they'll be releasing a GX DVD set, even though they haven't done a GX DVD for over a year now. I'm not sure how well that would work out with them honestly. I also think its a tad too early to think that 5D's won't be on their next season. We don't know how long it will go in Japan, but I still think its too early to speculate about 5D's not lasting that much longer due to ratings. While I don't know all about its ratings in Japan, 5D's did just start almost a month ago and it seems unfair to say that it won't be there for much longer when it has just started. Few shows start off with strong ratings.

CyberCubed said:
Why is 4kids still giving away $4000 to fans in these promotions? They lose money yet they still do throw-away promotions like this?

Yeah, that is kind of weird, but there have been other money giveaways during Saturday morning blocks before. I think there's only one winner for both the 4KidsTV and CW4Kids blocks though.

Blueranger

I think that means they'll run the first 14 in the winter/spring when the series debuts in February, take the summer off and then run the remaining 26 starting in September.

Ahhh, I see but that doesn't really make much sense. I can't stand when Disney does that with Power Rangers because it takes a toll on the momentum.

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
What's a "Blutarski"?
First off, sorry for the mis-spelling. It's a Blutarsky.

It's from the epic movie "Animal House" (R rating, mind you) -- the all-time best dysfunctional college fraternity movie of all time. The scene is the frat members are called to the dean's office to discuss their grades:

Dean Vernon Wormer: Mr. Kroger: two C's, two D's and an F. That's a 1.2 grade average. Congratulations, Kroger. You're at the top of the Delta pledge class. Mr. Dorfman?

Flounder: Hello!

Dean Vernon Wormer: Zero point two... Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. Mr. Hoover, president of Delta house? One point six; four C's and an F. A fine example you set! Daniel Simpson Day... HAS no grade point average. All courses incomplete. Mr. Blu - MR. BLUTARSKY... ZERO POINT ZERO.

Golfkid

Winx Club has a fourth season now in production after the success of the theatrical movie in Italy, so we'll probably see that sometime. Will and Dewitt is just hanging around for E/I purposes...it'll probably be replaced next season, if not sooner. Skunk Fu! is only reruns right now, so I'm guessing it'll be dropped eventually too. I doubt Magi-Nation will return, though it's possible if Cookie Jar produces another season. Biker Mice from Mars and Di-Gata Defenders are 28 and 52 episodes long, respectively, so they will probably disappear along with 4Kids TV.

I don't watch Winx Club, but wasn't there suppose to be a US movie release? When is that suppose to come out and will 4Kids be making it?:confused:

"Dinosaur King already ended in Japan back in August, but there are still 50 episodes left to air on American TV, so it should last this year and the next."
(D Dubbs)

I was really hoping that series would continue, but I guess all good things come to an end.:( I was really surprised how good this show was. Now, it's like my favorite Saturday morning show. :anime:

I'm new to this forum, so how do you make multiple quotes? I didn't know how to do the Dinosaur King quote, by D Dubbs?:sweat:

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I don't watch Winx Club, but wasn't there suppose to be a US movie release? When is that suppose to come out and will 4Kids be making it?:confused:

"Dinosaur King already ended in Japan back in August, but there are still 50 episodes left to air on American TV, so it should last this year and the next."
(D Dubbs)

I was really hoping that series would continue, but I guess all good things come to an end.:( I was really surprised how good this show was. Now, it's like my favorite Saturday morning show. :anime:

I'm new to this forum, so how do you make multiple quotes? I didn't know how to do the Dinosaur King quote, by D Dubbs?:sweat:

Yeah...I assume we'll see the Winx Club movie in the U.S. sooner or later...it'll probably be released on DVD if it doesn't air on a 4Kids block.

Anyway, always nice to have another Dinosaur King fan on the boards. :)

If you want to do multiple quotes, just use the format:

[*quote] SAY STUFF HERE [*/quote]

...except take out the *'s when you're posting for real.

Spideyzilla

Staff member

I agree. $4000 is way too much to give to kids for silly questions. Pointless.

Bratbat

Doesn't anyone think that those giveaways are a sham of some sort.

I am talk about all televised giveaways not just this one.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Doesn't anyone think that those giveaways are a sham of some sort.

I am talk about all televised giveaways not just this one.

No, I won several prizes from Kids' WB back in the day.

$4000 really isn't that much either. They're spreading it out over four weeks and over two television blocks, and there's only one winner. Plus, kids have to go to the 4Kids website to enter. It's a good marketing strategy.

Light Lucario

Staff member
No, I won several prizes from Kids' WB back in the day.

$4000 really isn't that much either. They're spreading it out over four weeks and over two television blocks, and there's only one winner. Plus, kids have to go to the 4Kids website to enter. It's a good marketing strategy.

Really? You're so lucky. I often entered into those Kids' WB contests back in the day, but I never won a thing. I also don't think that four thousand dollars is that much compared to other sums of money companies have. Besides that, there's only one winner. I'm honestly surprised that people thought that was a lot of money to giveaway in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts