4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
The only time I remember winning a KWB contest was that one where it was like "GET A YU-GI-OH CARD BEFORE ANYONE ELSE GETS IT" to advertise the release of the starter decks a few months later.

Then I got the card in the mail a year later...just as the second wave of cards were arriving...and the card turned out to be one from the first starter deck...

It was a complete ripoff.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
The only time I remember winning a KWB contest was that one where it was like "GET A YU-GI-OH CARD BEFORE ANYONE ELSE GETS IT" to advertise the release of the starter decks a few months later.

Then I got the card in the mail a year later...just as the second wave of cards were arriving...and the card turned out to be one from the first starter deck...

It was a complete ripoff.

Do you remember which card?

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
Do you remember which card?

Summoned Skull.

The thing didn't even have, like, a "PROMO" number on it. It literally looked as if they just pulled it out of the starter deck.

I actually got two of them, because I apparently entered twice just in case.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Really? You're so lucky. I often entered into those Kids' WB contests back in the day, but I never won a thing.

Well, I made a fake email account (you had to have your parent's permission to enter) so I could enter multiple times. I never won any big stuff, though...just some Pokémon, Scooby-Doo and other Kids' WB merchandise like toys, video games, DVDs, etc. Probably nothing worth over $20.

Oh wait, I won a pair of Six Flags tickets one time. That was pretty sweet.

October 11th, 2008 (4Kids TV)
08:00 AM Di-Gata Defenders - Nexus (#18) NEW
08:30 AM Biker Mice From Mars - It's the Pits (#12) NEW
09:00 AM Sonic X - Fast Friends (#21)
09:30 AM Sonic X - Little Chaos Lost (#22)
10:00 AM Chaotic: M'Arrillian Invasion - Rockwave and Roll (#45) NEW
10:30 AM TMNT: Fast Forward - Playtime's Over (#122)
11:00 AM Kirby: Right Back at Ya! - eNeMeE Elementary (#58)
11:30 AM Winx Club - It Feels Like Magic (#1)

October 11th
, 2008 (CW4Kids)
07:00 AM Will & Dewitt - My Frog Lips Are Sealed; Stage Coached (#5)
07:30 AM Skunk Fu! - The Art of Kung Fruit; The Art of No Mind (#5)
08:00 AM Viva Piñata - Motivational Break; Bringing Up Chuckle (#39) NEW
08:30 AM GoGoRiki - The Sweetness of Honey; The Lucky One; Pollution Solution (#3) NEW
09:00 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man - Competition (#5)
09:30 AM TMNT: Back to the Sewer - Tempus Fugit (#144)
10:00 AM Dinosaur King - Temple Tempest (#31) NEW
10:30 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - A Blast from the Past, Part 2 (#5) NEW
11:00 AM Chaotic - The Ultimate Scan (#26) NEW to CW4Kids
11:30 AM Chaotic - An Easy Win (#27) NEW to CW4Kids

This week, TMNT: Back to the Sewer goes into rerun mode and Winx Club returns to its first episode. Everything else continues as usual.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Summoned Skull.

The thing didn't even have, like, a "PROMO" number on it. It literally looked as if they just pulled it out of the starter deck.

Summoned Skull? Good card, but not rare. Except for the holographic one I once had.:D

Yash

dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura
Summoned Skull.

Summoned Skull was an amazing card back in the day. Of course it's not very useful now, then again pretty much the only card that can still hold to that is Monster Reborn.

I remember I won a copy of Pokemon Crystal with Celebi, the legendary birds, Suicune, and a surfing Pikachu pre-loaded into the character's party.

Bratbat

Alright then enough about giveaway sweeps.

What is there to yak about on the networks.

Golfkid

When I saw the promos for sweepstakes, when I was little, they talk about sending a postcard with you name, address, age, and phone number.

Why did they ask for a postcard? Narrow down the people who entered? I never entered, so I never won anything.

soundmonkey44

Melancholic Man.
I Love Watching SonicX...I don;t care if its reruns...Theres somthing I find entertaining about Videogame cartoons...Viva Pinata is Fairly entertaining as well...although many times i don't get up early enough to watch it....I wonder though will The Second Season of SpectacularSpiderman Still be on CW for Kids or will it move to CN?

Light Lucario

Staff member
Well, I made a fake email account (you had to have your parent's permission to enter) so I could enter multiple times. I never won any big stuff, though...just some Pokémon, Scooby-Doo and other Kids' WB merchandise like toys, video games, DVDs, etc. Probably nothing worth over $20.

Oh wait, I won a pair of Six Flags tickets one time. That was pretty sweet.

I never thought of making a fake email account for those giveaways. Then again, I don't remember if I asked my parents' permission for those contests. Still, that's really lucky to win anything in those contests. A pair of Six Flags tickets definitely sounds like a sweet and awesome prize to win.

mumbo

Look skyward
Showed up today (hope D Dubbs doesn't mind me doing this just for this week):

October 18th, 2008 (4Kids TV)
08:00 AM Di-Gata Defenders - Replication (#19) NEW
08:30 AM Biker Mice from Mars - Surfer Cats from Saturn (#16) NEW
09:00 AM Sonic X - Emerald Anniversary (#23)
09:30 AM Sonic X - How to Catch a Hedgehog (#24)
10:00 AM Chaotic: M'arrillian Invasion - Chaor's Commandos, Part 1 (#46) NEW
10:30 AM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward - Bishop to Knight (#123)
11:00 AM Kirby: Right Back at Ya! - The Meal Moocher (#59)
11:30 AM Winx Club - More than High School (#2)

October 18th, 2008 (The CW4Kids)
07:00 AM Will and Dewitt - Trading Pluses; I Thank Therefore I Am (#6)
07:30 AM Skunk Fu! - The Art of Darkness; The Art of Dream Control (#6)
08:00 AM Viva Piñata - Beauty and the Beasts; The Talented Mr. Hack (#40) NEW
08:30 AM GoGoRiki - (no title yet) NEW
09:00 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man - The Invisible Hand (#6)
09:30 AM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer - Hacking Stockman (#5) NEW
10:00 AM Dinosaur King - Falls Alarm! (#32) NEW
10:30 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - The Facility, Part 1 (#6) NEW
11:00 AM Chaotic - A Flux Too Far (#28)
11:30 AM Chaotic - Chaotic Crisis (#29)

Biker Mice jumps ahead four episodes. Everything else continues as normal.

Surpisingly we're getting a new TMNT: Back to the Sewer episode already, and M'arrillian Invasion gets its first two-parter.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I wonder though will The Second Season of SpectacularSpiderman Still be on CW for Kids or will it move to CN?

It's won't be on CW4Kids; it'll be on some other (currently unannounced) network.

And nope, I don't mind you doing the schedule for this week, mumbo. Saves me some time.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
This doesn't have to do with any of the blocks, but:

PBS Kids Sprout is set to premiere the new short-form preschool series Pajanimals from The Jim Henson Company this November as part of the network's nighttime block, The Good Night Show. Commissioned by Sprout and produced by The Jim Henson Company and 4Kids Entertainment, Pajanimals features four puppet characters focusing on typical preschool issues through original music. Additionally, 5x10 segments of Pajanimals featuring practical sleep advice from experts will be available for parents/caregivers on Sprout On Demand. 4Kids Entertainment serves as the licensing agent for the property.
Kinda weird not seeing a 4Kids property airing on one of their blocks.

Golfkid

Yay only a week of Back to the Sewer reruns, and here I was fearing four weeks of reruns.

Speaking of reruns, when 4Kids starts the "holiday" reruns, will they continue the order of some of the shows, in reruns like Spiderman, or go back to the beginning? Or will they put a double of another show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts