4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Skunk Fu! could actually be new as well. They have a half a season that Kids' WB! hasn't aired.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Skunk Fu! could actually be new as well. They have a half a season that Kids' WB! hasn't aired.

I know Skunk Fu! has 52 episodes, but are you sure that two 11-minute segments makes up one episode? If you count each segment as one episode, that would complete the 52 episode order.

mumbo

Look skyward
We have only made 52 episodes and we can't make any more for a while as we need the nice people in the BBC, Cartoon Network and all the other channels around the world to order more shows.
Yeah, this definitely makes it sound like all 52 have aired, so he probably means 52 11-minute segments.

Hm, maybe GOGORiKi starts later in the month. Kahn did say 2008 in the conference call.

Once Huntik, RollBots, and Kamen Rider show up, I'm guessing they'll replace Skunk Fu, Spectacular Spider-Man (assuming it gets a new network) and Viva Pinata. And GOGORiKi would replace Magi-Nation. They might even double up GOGORiKi later and take off Will and Dewitt as well. That would spell the end of the original Kids' WB shows.

I'm not crazy about putting up Dinosaur King against the new Chaotic, since I want to see both.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Yeah, this definitely makes it sound like all 52 have aired, so he probably means 52 11-minute segments.

Hm, maybe GOGORiKi starts later in the month. Kahn did say 2008 in the conference call.

Once Huntik, RollBots, and Kamen Rider show up, I'm guessing they'll replace Skunk Fu, Spectacular Spider-Man (assuming it gets a new network) and Viva Pinata. And GOGORiKi would replace Magi-Nation. They might even double up GOGORiKi later and take off Will and Dewitt as well. That would spell the end of the original Kids' WB shows.

I'm not crazy about putting up Dinosaur King against the new Chaotic, since I want to see both.
Spectacular Spider-Man's second season is already confirmed for CW4Kids. Kids' WB! got the rights to the two seasons, and they were transferred to 4Kids when they bought the rights to the network. They'll probably replace the second showing of Chaotic, Magi-Nation, and Viva Pinata.

PC!

lolwut?
Just saw a commercial for Chaotic's new season. Not only does it still look flippin' amazing, apparently the show is going to be subtitled "M'arellean Invasion", not "Millenium Invasion."

collector_cliff

Noob Saibot
It has always been M'arrillian Invasion, which is the name of the upcoming new card set. It just sounded like Al Khan was saying Millenium during the conference call. Saw the new preview this morning too, look really good. Sounded like the same voice actor being used for Peyton, so I guess that has not changed. Some of the other creatures don't have as radical changes made as the ones showed so far. The side-by-side conparasions almost looked the same imo on a few of them.

PC!

lolwut?
Promo for TMNT: Back to the Sewers just aired with scenes of them returning to the present and Cyber-Shredder. Looks pretty cartoony...going to have to see it again to better formulate an opinion.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like 4Kids is going all out with promos this morning. We have promos for Chaotic season 2, TMNT: BTTS, Viva Pinata, Dinosaur King, and YGO5D's.

Last edited by a moderator:

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Anyone capture the promos?

Man, I've been watching CW4Kids all summer, and the day they start showing fall promos is the day I move into my dorm. >__>

Light Lucario

Staff member
Here's the schedule for September 13th:

CW4Kids
7a Will & Dewitt
730a Magi Nation
8a Skunk Fu!
830a Viva Pinata NEW?
9a The Spectacular Spider-Man
930a TMNT Back to the Sewers (NEW)
10a Dinosaur King (NEW)(?)
1030a YGO 5D’s (NEW)
11a Chaotic
1130a Chaotic

4KidsTV
8a Di-gata Defenders (NEW)
830a Biker Mice (NEW)
9a Sonic X
930a Sonic X
10a Chaotic (NEW)
1030a TMNT FF
11a Kirby Right Back at Ya
1130a Winx Club

Basically, 4KidsTV is rerun central save for new Chaotic, CW4Kids gets new Ninja Turtles, Dinosaur King, Yu-Gi-Oh, and (new?) Viva Pinata.

Interesting new schedules for both blocks. Of course, I'm disappointed that GX doesn't seem to appear on either one of them, but I'm still hoping that they'll eventually do something with season four. For all we know, it could be a mid-season replacement for a show on their 4KidsTV block or eventually end up on their website. I'm just trying to look at the bright side so I don't feel so bad.

I wonder if they'll have the new season of Dinosaur King or just start from the beginning. They're already kind of close to replaying all of the first season on 4KidsTV. Hopefully they'll eventually get rid of the three Kids' WB shows that they have for the first hour and a half for something new. I think that Viva Pinata is new since the clips they were showing in the promos were from new looking episodes. I did like the promos for 5D's. Mikey singing a theme again was pretty funny and it's good to see that they're advertising the contest for the theme song. I'm still hoping that Hyper Drive or Let's Ride, Let's Go will win.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Interesting new schedules for both blocks. Of course, I'm disappointed that GX doesn't seem to appear on either one of them, but I'm still hoping that they'll eventually do something with season four. For all we know, it could be a mid-season replacement for a show on their 4KidsTV block or eventually end up on their website. I'm just trying to look at the bright side so I don't feel so bad.

I wonder if they'll have the new season of Dinosaur King or just start from the beginning. They're already kind of close to replaying all of the first season on 4KidsTV. Hopefully they'll eventually get rid of the three Kids' WB shows that they have for the first hour and a half for something new. I think that Viva Pinata is new since the clips they were showing in the promos were from new looking episodes. I did like the promos for 5D's. Mikey singing a theme again was pretty funny and it's good to see that they're advertising the contest for the theme song. I'm still hoping that Hyper Drive or Let's Ride, Let's Go will win.
They have the rights to Skunk Fu!, which is why it's going back and why it's on their Web site, so don't expect it to go until probably mid-season. They specifically have said that Will and DeWitt will remain on, but it was a surprise to see Magi-Nation is sticking around, though GoGORiki will get one of those two slots. Unless they decide to bring back Magical DoReMi for that first hour, then one of them will stick around due to the first hour being E/I shows. As far as Dinosaur King, Al Kahn said season 2 would be on CW4Kids, so I expect it to be season 2. I did laugh when they classified Dinosaur King as a series premiere though during the promos, because it can't be a series premiere when it's been airing for a year.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I did laugh when they classified Dinosaur King as a series premiere though during the promos, because it can't be a series premiere when it's been airing for a year.

Technically it is a series premiere...on the network. Cartoon Network did/does that all the time with new-to-CN shows.

Light Lucario

Staff member
They have the rights to Skunk Fu!, which is why it's going back and why it's on their Web site, so don't expect it to go until probably mid-season. They specifically have said that Will and DeWitt will remain on, but it was a surprise to see Magi-Nation is sticking around, though GoGORiki will get one of those two slots. Unless they decide to bring back Magical DoReMi for that first hour, then one of them will stick around due to the first hour being E/I shows. As far as Dinosaur King, Al Kahn said season 2 would be on CW4Kids, so I expect it to be season 2. I did laugh when they classified Dinosaur King as a series premiere though during the promos, because it can't be a series premiere when it's been airing for a year.

Well, that explains why they have Skunk Fu! and Will and DeWitt. At least it will be season two of Dinosaur King. I do like watching repeats, but I'm more than ready for the new season to start.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Technically it is a series premiere...on the network. Cartoon Network did/does that all the time with new-to-CN shows.
They usually classify it as all new, but they don't usually say series premiere. Sometimes they'll say CN's newest series, but they've never classified it as the series premiere when it has aired on other networks before.

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never

I wonder if they'll have the new season of Dinosaur King or just start from the beginning. They're already kind of close to replaying all of the first season on 4KidsTV.quote]

I thought 4Kids wasn't going to dub season 4 of GX. That's the rumor going around on the 4kids TV main website. They already have a poll for the theme song of 5D's, I think it will not be showing season 4.

I heard someone say that they haven't started dubbing the new season of Dinosaur King yet, but I don't trust the internet for the most reliable rescourses. They're probably still working on the rest of season 1, but pray (or hope) that they'll come out with season 2 or we'll all be watching the original on YouTube.:sweat:

Wait . . . what do you mean by "second season"? Pterosauria Legends? Or the rest of the original series' episodes?

mumbo

Look skyward
Wait . . . what do you mean by "second season"? Pterosauria Legends? Or the rest of the original series' episodes?
I'm pretty sure the rest of the original series. 4Kids split it into two seasons, with the first 26 being the first season and the second 23 being the second. Those 23 episodes should be what we're seeing from over the 08-09 season.

Pterosaur Legends will probably be treated as Season 3 and I wouldn't expect it to turn up until Fall 09.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought 4Kids wasn't going to dub season 4 of GX. That's the rumor going around on the 4kids TV main website. They already have a poll for the theme song of 5D's, I think it will not be showing season 4.

I heard someone say that they haven't started dubbing the new season of Dinosaur King yet, but I don't trust the internet for the most reliable rescourses. They're probably still working on the rest of season 1, but pray (or hope) that they'll come out with season 2 or we'll all be watching the original on YouTube.:sweat:

The key word here is rumor. It's not showing up on their schedules for either block, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they haven't dubbed any of the episodes from season four. It could be that they're just taking a break from the series to work on 5D's. I don't know how likely that it could end up on CN, considering they're airing the season three episodes from where they left off, but that could also be a possibility. It could also eventually land on their website as an online exclusive type of deal. I also fail to see how having a poll for the theme song for 5D's proves that they aren't going to dub the fourth season. That just shows how they're trying to make kids interested in the new Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

As for Dinosaur King, they did finish the first season. Instead of going with fifty-two episodes as a first season, 4Kids went with twenty six episodes instead. I usually have issues trusting information I get from fourms unless I know it is from a reliable source. Considering the fact that they've had repeats of Dinosaur King for a few months now, I'm sure that 4Kids has dubbed a few new episodes for season two, especailly with advertising its arrival to the CW4Kids in September.

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never
I'm pretty sure the rest of the original series. 4Kids split it into two seasons, with the first 26 being the first season and the second 23 being the second. Those 23 episodes should be what we're seeing from over the 08-09 season.

Pterosaur Legends will probably be treated as Season 3 and I wouldn't expect it to turn up until Fall 09.

As for Dinosaur King, they did finish the first season. Instead of going with fifty-two episodes as a first season, 4Kids went with twenty six episodes instead. I usually have issues trusting information I get from fourms unless I know it is from a reliable source. Considering the fact that they've had repeats of Dinosaur King for a few months now, I'm sure that 4Kids has dubbed a few new episodes for season two, especailly with advertising its arrival to the CW4Kids in September.

Yeah that kinda confuses me because on YouTube some episodes 15, 17-27 are labelled as "Dinosaur King Season 2" for Pterosauria Legends so it might be based on your thinking.

But why make the other episodes be called season 2? Usually when you have different seasons you also have different enemies so :confused: .

They'd better dub Pterosauria Legends. It's confusing when you don't know Japanese, although I can make out some pretty obvious things.;)

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
FYI, DinoQueen, mentioning copyrighted YouTube material isn't the best idea here. The higher ups aren't too fond of it.

Anyway, what 4Kids is doing to Dinosaur King isn't really different from what they did to Sonic X. They make each season approximately the same number of episodes. In the U.S., it's more common to do that then have a show with an unequal number of episodes per season.

I agree they should dub Pterosauria Legends, though. Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if censorship was tighter for that. There's a lot of questionable material in the season for a Saturday morning cartoon.

PC!

lolwut?
Sonic X, though, fit as seasons, as each 13th episode had a pretty major shakeup in the story.

What kind of objectionable material does Pterosauria Legends have that the first series doesn't?

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
What kind of objectionable material does Pterosauria Legends have that the first series doesn't?

It's not a specific spoiler, but I tagged it just in case:
There's a lot more physical human fighting (like humans actually punching one another), as well as more firearms, and of course, lots and lots of fanservice. The atmosphere of the show is basically the same, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, lemme get this straight. VA's have gone on strike protesting AI replicating their voices, and SAG-AFTRA signs a partnership deal with Narrativ? Apparently this is the second time SAG-AFTRA has done something like this.
Toonsylvania is a hidden gem from the late 90s, A real shame that the show hasn't been recognized since the early 2000s.
25 years ago today! Fox Kids introduced the United States to Digimon , the anime. Happy American 25th anniversary to it!
I think The Cramp Twins, the TV series, is set in the Southeastern USA. Not just because of the swamp, they also drink root beer floats too (not at A&W but at Western-themed places).

The irony is that us Europeans don't like root beer and root beer floats

Featured Posts