Annoying Marvel Characters

ArtificialIdiot

Doktor Aies
Westlander said:
Why? The Timekeeper was more irritating than Bishop if we're talking about those two. (Timekeeper is that idiot who was messing with Bishop on the Axis of Time. He made not only Bishop, but also you want to strangle him.)
Oh yeah, old hag appearing out of nowhere. AFAIR she wasn't doing it in the comics at all.

I'd actually forgot about the Time Keeper. And now you've reminded me, with good reason too.

Bishop just got on my nerves. Every episode they put him in seems the same (although, that's probably as they were actually using old footage in some of thouse episodes as he went back in time... hmm). I dunno what it was, but he just annoyed me.

Kolbar

@Cinecrisis on Twitter
ArtificialIdiot said:
Bishop just got on my nerves. Every episode they put him in seems the same (although, that's probably as they were actually using old footage in some of thouse episodes as he went back in time... hmm). I dunno what it was, but he just annoyed me.
Well, Bishop is a time traveler, and it makes sense that they would put him in episodes that have to deal with time travel like Days of the Future Past and Beyond Good and Evil.

-Kolbar

ArtificialIdiot

Doktor Aies
I know it makes sense. But it still bugs me.

It's probably just because I've watched the episodes he's in far too much... they ALWAYS seem to be on whenever I watch X-men. But still, the question was which Marvel char annoyed you the most. And I just gave my personal opinion. :)

RAINMAN

Kikoutei Densetsu
MTV spierman has some annoying characters. Not only the one shot ones but the main characters too.:sweat:

Toon Capone

I found these characters from Spider Man: TAS annoying.

Madame Web
Flash Thompson
Chameleon (only because he was so weak on the cartoon)
Kraven
Hydro Man

ArtificialIdiot

Doktor Aies
Oh yes, Hydro man! How did I forget him? Even his voice was annoying.

I liked Chameleon myself, but then, I haven't seen him in any comics yet, so I suppose I don't know where your coming from.

Sandoz

Thin Man Fan
X-Men: Evolution's Iceman. Watching him pull reckless, life-endangering stunts again and again and getting only a slap on the wrist got old fast.

marye

"Hippopotame ou rinhocéros ?"
Gosh, I think I gonna be lapidated :)

My choice will be Rogue Evo. First time I watched the show, I realllly like her (she reminds me myself sometimes :p ), but I discovered that she's the key in almost every episodes. When something happen, oh, it's rogue who was targed, or in another episode, incredibly,she was the saviour , It's like 70% of the episodes are dedicaded to her or to his step brother diablo.
She had the biggest developpement in the cartoon to the detriment of the others.
I don't hate her, but this kind of thing irritates me :anime:

Spider-Man

marye said:
My choice will be Rogue Evo. First time I watched the show, I realllly like her (she reminds me myself sometimes :p ), but I discovered that she's the key in almost every episodes. When something happen, oh, it's rogue who was targed, or in another episode, incredibly,she was the saviour , It's like 70% of the episodes are dedicaded to her or to his step brother diablo.
She had the biggest developpement in the cartoon to the detriment of the others.
I don't hate her, but this kind of thing irritates me :anime:
I went back and watched some of the earlier episodes of the show and found her character to be pretty well done. Sometimes the writing for her can be a little underwhelming but she was handled pretty well overall. If there was any annoying character from that series it was either Nightcrawler or Toad. I found those two characters to be painful to watch at times.

Donald Duck 12

Heaven Bound- Happy Easter!
Sandoz said:
X-Men: Evolution's Iceman. Watching him pull reckless, life-endangering stunts again and again and getting only a slap on the wrist got old fast.

Read any of the Lee/Kirby X-Men? That's how they made the charechtor. I know what you mean XME didn't pull it off as nicely as the Man and the King.

I think I found Storm (TAS) the most annoying. I liked the charechtor, but her yelling that wierd stuff wrecked it. Actually all of the charechtors in Pryde of the X-Men were very annoying. And I'm pretty sure that the Green Goblin (TAS), Pyro (XME), and the Leader (TAS) got under my skin a few times too.

Kataclysm

Beyond Evolution Staff
Mojo from X-Men: TAS. Irritating, ugly, infantile, unnecessary, and not the least bit amusing.

Amazing Spidey said:
Hey hey,

We've had Marvel animation for over 4 decades now, we've had some greate cartoons, like X-Men and Spider-Man, as well as terrible cartoons which never should have seen the light of day, like Spider-Man: Unlimited or The Avengers.

In the due course of all the shows, there's been some very annoying/cringeworthy characters we've had to endure. How are yours? Why do you hate them?
Hey I like spiderman unlimited even though they should have continued spiderman tas instead

I have to go with jubliee from x-men tas. She always seemed week and useless.

prophet

X-men Evolution's Principal Kelly. I so wanted to smack the bigot out of him.:evil:

Crash

EME's Spyke. So annoying, so pointless. The only time he ever added anything to the show was when he left. ...Which ironcially, was incredibly effective. Same his his fourth season appearence as the Morlock hero.

Jean also got on my nerves a lot.

Donald Duck 12

Crash said:
EME's Spyke. So annoying, so pointless. The only time he ever added anything to the show was when he left. ...Which ironcially, was incredibly effective. Same his his fourth season appearence as the Morlock hero.

Jean also got on my nerves a lot.

Spyke was awsome and Jean was hot. That Jean was better than the TAS Jean(not including the looks). The Spot from Spider-Man: TAS was very annoying too.

STARTOUNZ

Best buds since the Stone Age
Sandoz said:
Definitely agree on that. He certainly should have gotten the boot after all the joyriding he did. He certainly set more bad examples than Spyke ever did, yet was never considered a liability despite all the trouble he caused.

I have to go with jubliee from x-men tas. She always seemed week and useless
I always thought she was cute in that series and she added a lot of heart. EVO Jubilee, however, didn't really add much to that show and she only ended up following Bobby's bad examples before eventually leaving. Her look in that show wasn't all that great as she seemed to be Amara's twin sister. Boom-Boom was annoying when she was with the Brotherhood. Jean at times could be such a pompus little princess and made herself a liability at times, especially when she started up the Bayville Angels (or was it Bayville Airheads?) in the usually lame women's lib episode. Kitty was annoying as well, especially when she was with Lance, but showed a little improvement in the final season. As for the villains, I thought Pietro was irritating. I only liked him whenever he got a good whupping from the X-Men, but particularly Wanda as well. :D

Donald Duck 12

STARTOUNZ said:
Jean at times could be such a pompus little princess and made herself a liability at times, especially when she started up the Bayville Angels (or was it Bayville Airheads?)

They were the Bayville Sirens. Jean, Boom Boom, Magma, Shadowcat, and Rogue! Oh yeah!

Christopher Glennon

Punch Drunk Flounder
Staff member
Reporter
ArtificialIdiot said:
I'd actually forgot about the Time Keeper. And now you've reminded me, with good reason too.

Just a defense for Time Keeper, he was Immortus, which was kinda cool.

Anyway, Jubilee TAS would get my vote as she showed no character development (as opposed to, say, Kurt and Kitty in Evolution who actually did seem to become senior X-Men by the end of the series, especially in comparrison with the New Mutants)

I liked X-Men Evolution, but a lot of them became annoying when compared with their more interesting comic counterparts (like Quicksilver).

Hey, anyone remember Mrs. Forbes from Fantastic Four season 1? Talk about an awful character.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!

Featured Posts