"Avengers: Doomsday" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
avengersdoomsday.jpg

Now titled Avengers: Doomsday as announced at Comic-Con set to release May 2026.

Avengers: The Kang Dynasty was announced at Comic-Con with a release date of May 2, 2025.

Release Date: May 1, 2026

Attachments

• AvengersTheKangDynasty.jpg
    AvengersTheKangDynasty.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 544
Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
So I think we can safely assume the Avengers re-form to fight Kang (or the Kang Variants) :ack:.

I do hope before 2025 we have a better idea who the Avengers are by that point. Like are we going to see any of the original team (Thor, Hawkeye, Hulk) and who is coming in to specifically be apart of the main team since we aren't going to have the Classic 6 anymore. Like I'm sure Sam Wilson Captain America will be leading this team in a sense but we have no idea who most of the members making it up will be.

And of course there's some people behind the scenes who also won't be making this journey... specifically the Russo Brothers. We don't know who is directing this or Secret Wars but we know it's not them

I'm guessing the big reason for this is despite the Russos saying "if there's one Marvel property we'd come back for it's Secret Wars" (which would obviously also include the "other part" of this story as well aka Kang Dynasty) is because they are busy with their own production company (AGBO) and the movies they're making with them and don't really have time to work on a major Marvel movie. It does make me wonder though who Marvel is getting to replace them. I'm sure whoever does this is also doing Secret Wars which heh means that everyone who directed an Avengers movie will have directed another Avengers movie but... you'd need a pretty big name with these specific titles. The Russos got the job of Infinity War Endgame after impressing so heavily with Winter Soldier and everyone realized their potential to helm such projects with Civil War. Whoever is doing these movies who may be more unknown won't have that time for a glow up so wonder if Feige will go with someone much more well known for this project.

Frontier

Staff member
I do hope before 2025 we have a better idea who the Avengers are by that point. Like are we going to see any of the original team (Thor, Hawkeye, Hulk) and who is coming in to specifically be apart of the main team since we aren't going to have the Classic 6 anymore. Like I'm sure Sam Wilson Captain America will be leading this team in a sense but we have no idea who most of the members making it up will be.

And of course there's some people behind the scenes who also won't be making this journey... specifically the Russo Brothers. We don't know who is directing this or Secret Wars but we know it's not them

I'm guessing the big reason for this is despite the Russos saying "if there's one Marvel property we'd come back for it's Secret Wars" (which would obviously also include the "other part" of this story as well aka Kang Dynasty) is because they are busy with their own production company (AGBO) and the movies they're making with them and don't really have time to work on a major Marvel movie. It does make me wonder though who Marvel is getting to replace them. I'm sure whoever does this is also doing Secret Wars which heh means that everyone who directed an Avengers movie will have directed another Avengers movie but... you'd need a pretty big name with these specific titles. The Russos got the job of Infinity War Endgame after impressing so heavily with Winter Soldier and everyone realized their potential to helm such projects with Civil War. Whoever is doing these movies who may be more unknown won't have that time for a glow up so wonder if Feige will go with someone much more well known for this project.
I assume we'll see Ant-Man and Wasp since they'll be the first to directly confront Kang (other than Loki), they've talked about Shang-Chi becoming an Avenger a lot, Thor is still around...I dunno what Carol will be doing but there's probably Monica I guess o_O.

It also depends on how much they plan on drawing in the Disney+ stars.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I assume we'll see Ant-Man and Wasp since they'll be the first to directly confront Kang (other than Loki), they've talked about Shang-Chi becoming an Avenger a lot, Thor is still around...I dunno what Carol will be doing but there's probably Monica I guess o_O.

It also depends on how much they plan on drawing in the Disney+ stars.
True, and there's a couple of wild cards still TBD like White Vision.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Hmmm maybe I was wrong on the person who directed this movie would also direct Secret Wars because if that was the case wouldn't Marvel have announced that as well? Eh I've been wrong before and hey this does answer a question I had of "who is going to prove themselves to be worthy of this film" and the answer is the guy still attached to doing these movies beyond just Phase 4 who did the best job. I mean in terms of not only box office but general reactions Shang Chi is only out done by Spider Man No Way Home in terms of being seen as the best MCU movie of Phase 4 and that movie proved Cretton is great at doing super hero action. I admit I did kind of see this guy more as someone who focused on the Shang Chi section of the universe (maybe diping every now and then into like a show but not another huge major project) but yeah obviously his work on that film lined him up to be in the top league of the MCU.

the greenman

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts