"Batman: Caped Crusader (Amazon Prime)" Animated Series News & Discussion Part 2 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewP

That's one thing that makes me glad, maybe because of all the multiverse stuff we've gotten in recent years but it seems that people in general understand that this is a separate take and are more willing to accept the changes instead of complaining that "Oh no Two-Face is ruined because his scars are on the wrong side".
honestly i’m just peeved his left half is still flesh-tone

it’s the different colored halves that make a two-face ngl

Millicay

honestly i’m just peeved his left half is still flesh-tone

it’s the different colored halves that make a two-face ngl
Well... can't say I disagree on that one. I guess it's going more for realism (I've learned that most burn victims don't actually end up with blue skin) but visually I just don't find it as striking as previous designs.

Which seems to be purposeful btw, since he's also wearing a regular suit instead of the usual divided one, so I'm thinking the different design has a lot to do with story reasons.

PS; Haven't I drawn Spoiler for you once? That pfp seems familiar.

Otaku-sempai

If Strange Days is any indication I feel like Batman won't go out of his way to kill people but he won't make any effort to save criminals.

I'm also not sure how he feels about protecting civilians.
Perhaps Batman's attitude will evolve throughout the show with his focus more on revenge at first and protecting the victims of crime becoming more important as time goes on.

The most compelling reason to bring in Robin would be to humanize Batman. If that isn't really a concern then we might never see any sidekick other than Alfred.

MatthewP

imean serum lake did argue batman in TAS didn't exactly need robin since he's so com-passion-it so mebbe timm might put someone in this installment to humanize this batman

PS; Haven't I drawn Spoiler for you once? That pfp seems familiar.
yeah, i'm the Man

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Saw one or two outlets revealing another quote of Timm's from the EMPIRE magazine article
The slightly different take that we're doing on it is that at night, when he's lying in bed reliving the murders of his parents again and again in his head, it's so upsetting and so horrifying that the way he copes with it is he decides, right then and there, I'm going to declare war on crime. And so literally from that point on, even though he's eight, he's kind of Batman already.

Reading that reminded me of the scene "Chill of the Night!" from The Brave & The Bold with little Bruce making the vow at his bedside and Alfred observes from the doorway. Or the flashbacks in the Batman vs. Robin DTV. Hmm, wonder how much of this will be seen on Caped Crusader. But for some reason, I could see it staged like an Alfred Hitchcock episode perhaps. Some extreme angles like he used on Cary Grant in North by Northwest. Something.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
San Diego Comic-Con panel info.

Batman: Caped Crusader
When:
Saturday, July 27 at 2:45 p.m. PDT
Where: 6BCF

As the official description explains, “Join executive producer Matt Reeves and cast members Hamish Linklater, Jamie Chung, and Minnie Driver for the world-premiere screening of the upcoming and highly anticipated series followed by a moderated Q&A where they will discuss their characters and tease key storylines in the upcoming season. From Warner Bros. Animation, Bad Robot Productions, 6th & Idaho, and based on DC characters, the series is a reimagining of the Batman mythology through the visionary lens of executive producers J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves, and Bruce Timm. Batman: Caped Crusader executive producers also include Ed Brubaker, James Tucker, Daniel Pipski, Rachel Rusch Rich, and Sam Register.”

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Saw one or two outlets revealing another quote of Timm's from the EMPIRE magazine article

Reading that reminded me of the scene "Chill of the Night!" from The Brave & The Bold with little Bruce making the vow at his bedside and Alfred observes from the doorway. Or the flashbacks in the Batman vs. Robin DTV. Hmm, wonder how much of this will be seen on Caped Crusader. But for some reason, I could see it staged like an Alfred Hitchcock episode perhaps. Some extreme angles like he used on Cary Grant in North by Northwest. Something.
I'm reminded of that line in one of the press articles where they mentioned he isn't obsessed with his parents' death...which didn't ring true to me but also might be indicative of just how much Bruce Wayne being "phoney" is a coping mechanism to the point where he can't acknowledge the Waynes' and their impact on him because it would mean acknowledging Bruce Wayne exists :ack:.

Karkull

Eldritch Lord of Chaos
Staff member
San Diego Comic-Con panel info.

Batman: Caped Crusader
When:
Saturday, July 27 at 2:45 p.m. PDT
Where: 6BCF

As the official description explains, “Join executive producer Matt Reeves and cast members Hamish Linklater, Jamie Chung, and Minnie Driver for the world-premiere screening of the upcoming and highly anticipated series followed by a moderated Q&A where they will discuss their characters and tease key storylines in the upcoming season. From Warner Bros. Animation, Bad Robot Productions, 6th & Idaho, and based on DC characters, the series is a reimagining of the Batman mythology through the visionary lens of executive producers J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves, and Bruce Timm. Batman: Caped Crusader executive producers also include Ed Brubaker, James Tucker, Daniel Pipski, Rachel Rusch Rich, and Sam Register.”
Interesting that, on the panel, we have Hamish Linklater (voice of Batman), Jamie Chung (voice of Harley Quinn), and Minnie Driver, for whom we don't know what character she's playing. To be a guest of Comic-Con, she'd have to have a pretty significant role. Based on her British accent, I'm putting my money on her being the voice of Natalia Knight.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Interesting that, on the panel, we have Hamish Linklater (voice of Batman), Jamie Chung (voice of Harley Quinn), and Minnie Driver, for whom we don't know what character she's playing. To be a guest of Comic-Con, she'd have to have a pretty significant role. Based on her British accent, I'm putting my money on her being the voice of Natalia Knight.

Personally, I'm guessing McKenna Grace for Natalia and Minnie Driver for
Cobblepot

Frontier

Staff member
Last edited:

Millicay

Hmm... not a big fan of the split screens. I wonder if that's for this teaser or if the actual episode will be like that. There's a very weird shot at 16 seconds where the batmobile hits a car, and the split screen shows Batman inside the car, yet he doesn't even move a little from the hit.
I -think- it might be just for the teaser? right at that moment it seems like Batman is "looped" to make the shot last longer.

Regardless, that Batman shot is just so cool. They used it in Mistery of the Batwoman and at least one BTAS episode and I never get tired of it.

Frontier

Staff member
Just because I'm the type to over-analyze minor things, I took notice of that scene of Selina in what looks like the backseat of a car in full Catwoman costume.

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 18-22-01 Batman Caped Crusader Cartoon Coming to HBOMax - Page 26.png

Which could imply a few things:

- She has someone (Maven?) who drives her around and assists her with her crimes.

- She's changing out of her costume from the backseat of her car (hence her mask being off).

- She's been arrested (though it doesn't look like a GCPD squad car) .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts