Beetlejuice: The Complete Series on Apple TV

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
I was planning on checking out Beetlejuice now that it’s on MeTV Toons. My parents didn’t let me watch it when I was little, but I had a friend in preschool who loved it. I just want to see how inappropriate it was (which I’m thinking it probably wasn’t too bad).

Moe

Yeah, I saw on iTunes and Apple TV store, and will plan to buy soon.

This one is finally have closed caption/subtitle.

MeTV Toons is other option and WB released The Mask animated show in 2019.

Moe

Do any of the Fox eps. have the short intro?
I bought ITunes copies.

The opening is different between S1-S3 and S4, but I don't know about short introductory looks like.

S1-S3 have black and white stripe painting on clothes at open and S4 show a face with spider around at open.

Corwin Haught

How does the quality compare to the DVD's? They weren't the best...
The videotape blemishes are not out of the ordinary for a show of its age and storage medium. The only way that they could possibly be removed would be if a remaster from original film negatives was conducted, presuming such things ever existed and still exist (and quite possibly would be under Nelvana's possession in another country).

Classic Speedy

Boogie oogie oogie
Staff member
Reporter
Rats. The $40 price was just a temporary price. The regular price is $60. Gotta love FOMO. Bah humbug.

Corwin Haught

Rats. The $40 price was just a temporary price. The regular price is $60. Gotta love FOMO. Bah humbug.
The new WB DVD set of the series is still 27.99 at Amazon, if you have a player.

Edit: In "Forget Me Nuts", Dr Zigmund Void's phone number, "America's Hottest Chat Line", wasn't blurred or altered in any way.

Last edited:

Classic Speedy

Boogie oogie oogie
Staff member
Reporter
So it appears some random episodes (mostly from season 4) are zoomed in for some reason, resulting in a really cramped feel. I haven't checked every episode yet but this is disappointing.

EDIT: Affected episodes by the zoomed-in picture:

4.1: You're History
4.2: Raging Skull
4.3: Sore Feet
4.6: How Green is My Gallery
4.7: Keeping Up With Our Boneses
4.8: Pranks For the Memories

Thankfully it goes back to normal at 4.9 and stays that way for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Corwin Haught

So it appears some random episodes (mostly from season 4) are zoomed in for some reason, resulting in a really cramped feel. I haven't checked every episode yet but this is disappointing.
I didn't notice anything like that on the new DVD set, but then again I'm not the most observant.

Classic Speedy

Boogie oogie oogie
Staff member
Reporter
I didn't notice anything like that on the new DVD set, but then again I'm not the most observant.
If you get a free moment, fire up the DVDs, go to "Raging Skull" for example, and see how the episode title card is positioned. If it's not in the center of the screen like it should be, it's zoomed in.

Moe

I'm gratefully that I bought it for $40.

WBD sometime put sale at discounted price for new set, so you have to act quickly before discount expires on Tuesday after midnight.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

One nick@nite promo aired during Nickelodeon commercial breaks just today.
and tonight, the feature I am choosing to watch for what is left of the Summer Movie Nights marathon I created for myself is an animated film I did watch before, on TV, but not from the very start, plus I don't even know if I saw it till the very end.

MV5BYjBkM2RjMzItM2M3Ni00N2NjLWE3NzMtMGY4MzE4MDAzMTRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

some updates on 3 big Kids TV channels websites and apps..
Now here is something I never though I would see from (HBO) Max in America. Finally adding some classics that haven't been put there before!!! And yes, those are all coming this September

Featured Posts