Blue Falcon

Max

The Mighty One
Who would like to watch a more serious Blue Falcon cartoon without Dynomutt? I definitely would.

I always liked the character but I never really enjoyed the show that much. First because it was a comedy/adventure cartoon and second because of Dynomutt. I remember watching Dexter's Laboratory episode "Dyno-Might" where Dexter builds a new mechanical dog to replace Dynomutt as Blue Falcon's sidekick and actually find it cooler than any Dynomutt: Dog Wonder episode.

They could make the villains more serious, have deeper plots and some guest appearances of Birdman instead of Scooby Doo and his gang.

Jack_6428

you see, thats the problem...

animations and graphics these days are ugly..

so, what would you want ?
better story or better look ?

p.s. i liked the show quite alot

warnerbroman

Bull.

Anyway, if any Hanna Barbera superhero should be revived, it shouldn't be Blue Falcon. He was cool, but I remember him being too similar to Batman. Maybe Space Ghost or Birdman, instead.
AS kinda killed that

multiguy fluidman and spring guy (or what ever they were called)they could work

Jack_6428

Bull.

Anyway, if any Hanna Barbera superhero should be revived, it shouldn't be Blue Falcon. He was cool, but I remember him being too similar to Batman. Maybe Space Ghost or Birdman, instead.

Not bull. Do you think that cartoons today look and are better than the ones 10years ago ? I dont think so

But imo, i dont want Birdman revived..we had him in his "Attorney at law",
SpaceGhost had Coast to Coast..but not a new revival...so eitehr him or BlueFalcon...and i think that SpaceGhost could turn out pretty good..

but hell, they should revive Swat Kats omg

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
Hotlinking to other people's images, even cool looking ones like Cheeks' interpretation of the Big City's Avian Defender (he's kind of busy working on a series featuring a certain webhead), is a strict no-no.

But as for the topic at hand, as much as I'd like to see a new Blue Falcon series (and trust me, I want to), I'd rather for them to revive the classic Super Adventures characters first, and not in a goofy, campy revival either. I think Williams Street/Adult Swim did ruin the general perception of the characters, but comic writers like many of those behind Man of Action (the creators of Ben 10) are working hard to return those characters to those non-comedic roots, even darkening their personas a bit. That Space Ghost comic was brutal and awesome as hell.

Space Ghost, Herculoids, and the Galaxy Trio would kick so much rear if they were revived in a serious action series today, as would Birdman, Mightor, and Samson and Goliath.

Blue Falcon, well, that was just Batman, and God forbid, we've seen way too many Batman series and numerous pataches over the last two decades.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Not bull. Do you think that cartoons today look and are better than the ones 10years ago ? I dont think so

But imo, i dont want Birdman revived..we had him in his "Attorney at law",
SpaceGhost had Coast to Coast..but not a new revival...so eitehr him or BlueFalcon...and i think that SpaceGhost could turn out pretty good..

but hell, they should revive Swat Kats omg

Well that's subjective to the shows.

Avatar has wonderful animation but a lot of shows are using flash now. Ben 10: Alien Force has farely good animation and the "Lost Episodes" of TMNT along with the 4th season of the 2003 series which aired a few years ago had some really great animation (certainly compared to the 80's/90's TMNT which really had awful animation most of the time).

You don't think Blue Falcon could look good with animation like the work shown in The Batman or Justice League Unlimited? How about The Spectacular Spider-Man?

And yes a Swat Kats revival would be epic.

Max

The Mighty One
you see, thats the problem...

animations and graphics these days are ugly..

There's different styles of animation these days so don't put it all in the same bag. And by the way, I'm not saying that the animation should be like the picture above if that's what you think. I posted that picture because it was the only good picture I could find of Blue Falcon alone and also because I found it pretty interesting since it is a modern sketch of the Blue Falcon.

so, what would you want ?
better story or better look ?

Read the open posts before making unnecessary questions.

Jack_6428

Well that's subjective to the shows.

Avatar has wonderful animation but a lot of shows are using flash now. Ben 10: Alien Force has farely good animation and the "Lost Episodes" of TMNT along with the 4th season of the 2003 series which aired a few years ago had some really great animation (certainly compared to the 80's/90's TMNT which really had awful animation most of the time).

You don't think Blue Falcon could look good with animation like the work shown in The Batman or Justice League Unlimited? How about The Spectacular Spider-Man?

And yes a Swat Kats revival would be epic.

spectacular spiderman and those tmnt do have very good animation...but i just hate the style of todays cartoons...if they used those animations with old style looks it would be perfect.

swat kats have 3 un-aired episodes..so, that could be a start-off...but i dont see it happening...although CN did announce at some point several yrs ago they are working on it

Sketch

not like those other old guys
spectacular spiderman and those tmnt do have very good animation...but i just hate the style of todays cartoons...if they used those animations with old style looks it would be perfect.

swat kats have 3 un-aired episodes..so, that could be a start-off...but i dont see it happening...although CN did announce at some point several yrs ago they are working on it

Again that's subjective. What cartoon styles do you not like? I mean personally I don't care for the Superfriends style "puffy" designs don't tend to look right. Spider-Man walks a fine line in that reguard but overall it looks very crisp so I can forgive the character designs.

10 years ago and before there were plenty of really bad character designs to spare. So I'm not really seeing your point. Now if you want to argue writing... then I might agree with that but that might be rooted in nostalgia.

Harlan_Phoenix

But as for the topic at hand, as much as I'd like to see a new Blue Falcon series (and trust me, I want to), I'd rather for them to revive the classic Super Adventures characters first, and not in a goofy, campy revival either. I think Williams Street/Adult Swim did ruin the general perception of the characters, but comic writers like many of those behind Man of Action (the creators of Ben 10) are working hard to return those characters to those non-comedic roots, even darkening their personas a bit. That Space Ghost comic was brutal and awesome as hell.

Space Ghost, Herculoids, and the Galaxy Trio would kick so much rear if they were revived in a serious action series today, as would Birdman, Mightor, and Samson and Goliath.

I agree with everything this post says, and praise its existence.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
warnerbroman said:
multiguy fluidman and spring guy (or what ever they were called)they could work

That would be Multi-Man, Fluid Man and Coil Man, aka The Impossibles.

281959176_45ad763ad0.jpg

Back on-topic:

Jeff Harris said:
Blue Falcon, well, that was just Batman, and God forbid, we've seen way too many Batman series and numerous pataches over the last two decades.

I agree. BF is just Batman with a bird motif. Personally there are other H-B superheroes I'd like to see revised and revamped before him. New Galaxy Trio, anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

desi

Bull.

So, you are saying Space Ghost is not a Batman ripoff? I remember reading on CN's Latin American website that SG was HB's version of Batman...and SG's costume is a proof of that.

...and lookie what I found! CN's long-forgotten online comic. It's dark and edgy.
Issue#2
http://web.archive.org/web/20031003064832/www.cartoonnetwork.com/toonami/watch/bluefalcon/episode2/bf2.swf

Issue#3
http://web.archive.org/web/20031003...com/toonami/watch/bluefalcon/episode3/bf3.swf

Last edited by a moderator:

Light Lucario

Staff member
I agree. BF is just Batman with a bird motif. Personally there are other H-B superheroes I'd like to see revised and revamped before him. New Galaxy Trio, anyone?

Actually, Space Ghost reminds me more of Batman than Blue Falcon does. Maybe its just the black mask or the fact that Blue Falcon was more people friendly than Batman usually is, outside of the camp series. Or maybe its the fact that Blue Falcon had a Scooby-Doo sidekick in Dynomutt. I thought that Blue Falcon was fun to watch when I was little, but I would rather see a revival of another HB superhero, like maybe Birdman or Space Ghost. As long as they return to a dark-like root at least.

Deadman

i wouldnt mind a new blue falcon. id rather have something like spaceghost though.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
This might sound strange coming from a fan of old-school animation like myself.

Not everything from the good old days looked good. Some shows were good, but certain shows, especially those that tried to emulate the Kirby, Toth, and Adams styles of design often looked wooden. Superfriends . . . great show, but the animation was very limited. Did Superman really have to fly in every scene he wasn't stationary? The Marvel cartoons weren't much better, and the designs used on the first four Spider-Man animated series (the 60s version, the 80s solo series, Amazing Friends, and the early 90s version) were all wooden. Amazing Friends recycled a lot of segments in every episode out of laziness. The 90s version hid its stuffy designs behind the most horrendous 3D animated backgrounds ever shown to man.

Do these flaws take away from the show's goodness? Hardly, but over the years, they tend to pop out, especially when you haven't seen them in a while.

I'm going to make another confession. As much as I liked the stories of the original X-Men, I liked the designs of the Graz-less seasons a lot better than the Jim Lee-inspired designs of the Graz years. If the final episodes had the same quality stories as the original episodes, it probably would have been worth it, but the final episode of that series was just awful. Just like the final episode of Spider-Man: The Animated Series.

Maybe that wasn't so bad. It just wasn't a finale, just an end to a chapter of a book that will never be finished. Same deal with the Mainframe Spider-Man series, another end to a chapter of another unfinished book.

I'm having high hopes that Spectacular Spider-Man won't have such a fate because right now, it's the best, most faithful incarnation of the Spider-Man mythos ever put to screen, big or small screen. The fluid designs, the strong continuity, and the twists that keep on coming make it worth while.

You know, I'd love to see the Trembley brothers return to the property they created more than a decade ago. There was so much potential in SWAT Kats, and I felt that they were pushing the envelope in American action-animation with it. However, Christian and Yvon didn't and couldn't continue that franchise, and they worked on two less-than-impressive properties, Mega Babies and Loonatics Unleashed.

Loonatics Unleashed proved they could still do stellar designs on characters (the original designs kicked butt before the studio "softened" them to be less intimidating). Unfortunately, the one major flaw that the series had was that the general public believed these were the revamped versions of the popular Looney Tunes characters. Not the decendants as the studio and producers presented them as, but rather Bugs, Daffy, and the others in black spandex. I'm surprised everyone involved in Loonatics didn't get thrown out of Hollywood because that show was an awful series in principle.

Not because it was a bad concept (anthromorphic multi-hued heroes with powers gathered by an enigmic omnipresent being facing powerful villains throughout the galaxy is a great concept on its own; heck, I liked it when it was called Road Rovers), but rather because it was seen as a replacement of the classic Looney Tunes characters. I think without that connection, the series would still be on today.

Long story short, SWAT Kats is, sadly, over, and the Trembley brothers aren't afraid to create new concepts. It would be nice to see them back on that property, but Warner Bros. is still sore about the whole failure of Loonatics.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.
Somebody please give me a show that I won't ever regret watching.
Samurai Champloo, $5 on Apple TV. I know the series is 20 years old which is, like, 100 years in anime world, but definitely worth the buy!
I now genuinely want to see Steve Blum voice Kermit in something official. He is spot on.

Featured Posts