Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 4.0

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
(Double post)

Another upload, and we get an ident for Calimero and a "Textless" Tout De Suite for Mike, Lu & Og.
Woooow. So the rumor about Mike Lu & Og being on Boomerang France turned out to be true? What da ya know?

First it was the English Wikipedia that had the "Broadcast information" section on the Mike Lu & Og page, which later got edited out because of it being "unsourced". Now, at least the France part is confirmed. I can't beleive it, but after all, the show also aired on Boomerang in Germany, Nordics, the Pan-European feed....

Two Two's

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
Woooow. So the rumor about Mike Lu & Og being on Boomerang France turned out to be true? What da ya know?

First it was the English Wikipedia that had the "Broadcast information" section on the Mike Lu & Og page, which later got edited out because of it being "unsourced". Now, at least the France part is confirmed. I can't beleive it, but after all, the show also aired on Boomerang in Germany, Nordics, the Pan-European feed....
It appears Boomerang France did not use the AAP masters of Looney Tunes and instead used the 1995 Turner masters. I don't know if that has been confirmed in the past or not...

Daffyrocks

It appears Boomerang France did not use the AAP masters of Looney Tunes and instead used the 1995 Turner masters. I don't know if that has been confirmed in the past or not...
"Tom Turk and Daffy" is the 80s Cartoon Festival master, and you can hear the a.a.p. final part of the fanfare at the beginning

Boomerang Archive

TellyToon

I knew they had that show, as I recall curiously looking at the schedules in France, and at the time it had been running on early mornings, next to Droopy and Dripple.

As for Snoopy, I don't know when it left Boomerang UK, as I remember it still had a 2pm slot, after Garfield premiered, and then I guess it was gone before the rebrand.
The only thing they did still own the rights to afterwards was the Christmas special, which ran for a couple more years.

Boomerang Archive

TellyToon
Wow, that's quite a lot of a research gathered.
And surprising to see some shows listed on the France feed during that era.
Looks like some more lost material on the list.

Also, flicking through the UK scheduling takes me back.

Last edited:

Boomerang Archive

TellyToon
And from the looks of it, only the UK and Central/Eastern Europe had Danger Mouse, while Garfield and Friends was in the UK, Italy and Spain.

So, the inclusion of those two in that "scribble" sequence must've been odd for certain regions. (Unless attempts were made to acquire them on all channels)

Daffyrocks

And from the looks of it, only the UK and Central/Eastern Europe had Danger Mouse, while Garfield and Friends was in the UK, Italy and Spain.

So, the inclusion of those two in that "scribble" sequence must've been odd for certain regions. (Unless attempts were made to acquire them on all channels)
The scribble was just a "generic" animation specifically created to be used for all Boomerang feeds. But yeah, they didn't really had in mind for it to be relevant on all regions

Daffyrocks

Sorry for double-posting, but...

I beleive the ident for "Flintstones Frolics" was never uploaded on the main "ziomekrol" account, if I remember right. So we may have gotten a "new" Pan-Euro ident on our hands...
Also, hallelujah, here is the English LATER bumper of Top Cat, which you @thetellyweb "refused" to include on your Boomerang Europe bumpers compilation video :p (at 1:38 in this continuity)

Francisque

I prefer everything on a more blue background than coloured ones such as in France, when it comes to the 2004-5 Boomerang EMEA.rebrand , it looks too much coloured

Daffyrocks

I prefer everything on a more blue background than coloured ones such as in France, when it comes to the 2004-5 Boomerang EMEA.rebrand , it looks too much coloured
France is the only one that put this "coloured" twist on the 2004 rebrand. Why? The world will never know.

Besides, they only used those different backgrounds for Looney Tunes-related series, plus acquisitions that were more or less exclusive to France and the other "big" countries that got their very own Boomerang

Boomerang Archive

TellyToon
Sorry for double-posting, but...

I beleive the ident for "Flintstones Frolics" was never uploaded on the main "ziomekrol" account, if I remember right. So we may have gotten a "new" Pan-Euro ident on our hands...
Also, hallelujah, here is the English LATER bumper of Top Cat, which you @thetellyweb "refused" to include on your Boomerang Europe bumpers compilation video :p (at 1:38 in this continuity)
I didn't really refuse.
I just thought having more than two of the same Next/Later would have been sounding too repetitive, regardless of language. Scooby at least had different titles spoken by the announcer.

Last edited:

Daffyrocks

I didn't really refuse.
I just thought having more than two of the same Next/Later would have been sounding too repetitive, regardless of language. Scooby at least had different titles spoken by the announcer.
well, they wouldn't have sounded repetitive if they were in different languages.

Boomerang Archive

TellyToon
Well, this seems to be the current upload, and last one for the time being.

I hope some more continuity is discovered, preferably from the later years, where they change the schedule round, along with a few rarities.

Daffyrocks

Well, this seems to be the current upload, and last one for the time being.

I hope some more continuity is discovered, preferably from the later years, where they change the schedule round, along with a few rarities.
and regarding your latest community post on YouTube, the Pan-Euro Boomerang feed 100% also used the Yogi Bear head. I find it hard to beleive they wouldn't have used that, considering they had the filler with Yogi's head on the Polish subfeed.

Also, Mumbly (on Boomerang France) would have probably used the generic "Scribble"

Markus Nelis

well, they wouldn't have sounded repetitive if they were in different languages.
I actually agree with Telly. It's repetitive. Just keep one track which everyone can understand (English) and call it the day. Looking at head bumpers many times in a row is already repetitive. As long as there's as many head bumpers that can be possibly found, everything is fine. We don't need to find Romanian tracks because you need a different language.

Boomerang Archive

TellyToon
I have a mix of recordings, and some of which have Multi-tracks on, but I'd probably stick to English for those. I could upload alternative audio versions if there's a high-demand for them, but that would be posting the same upload 5 or 6 times.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Name one studio, brand or company that has gone bankrupt as a result of embracing diversity. Just one. I'll wait.

Very interesting. It's great to see that Ouweleen wanted to push Adult Swim internationally.
PinkieLopBun breathed sanity into my mind. CN isnt THAT BAD after all then.
aegisrawks wrote on Mejo's profile.
Where is that lil mouse from he's super cute!
Considering the very unpredictable nature of the cartoon industry, where shows are getting cancelled very abruptly, I’m starting to get worried nowadays whenever a cartoon today ends a season with a hook for the next one or a cliffhanger, considering how many of them go unresolved.

Featured Posts