C&C - Sailor Moon (UNCUT) Talkback Thread [5/31-TBA]

zoombie

Episode 14

All these Naruto actors in one episode, the new main bad guy is Gara is one thing, but the victim of the week is Ino, who is childhood friends with Ten Ten. LOL

Okay back on topic, just me or does the victim of the week look like a certain someone that will appear in the future.
She looks like Makoto / Sailor Jupiter

Episode 15

Why does Usagi have to mention Rei and Mamaru's age difference, this show does know what will happen in the future right? Speaking of the future, their first date is on a famous spot for a future episode in which a certain time traveler first appears.

Also Rei again quickly picks up on Tuxedo Mask identity, I am not used to a Christina Vee character being observant on these things. LOL

Last edited:

animePWNS

1955-2024
Ep 14
So Jadeite was spreading the darkness too thin.

I didn't know Ziggy Stardust played tennis.

Have a ball, Sailor Moon.

NTA Jam. She's on fire!

Ep 15
Butterflies in the sky, but I don't think they're here to teach us how fun it is to read.

Only you can prevent demon-possessed squirrel attacks.

Mars is all wet and Mercury is on fire? That doesn't sound right.

Though this came earlier, Mask's quick appearances remind me of Star Fox 64, when Bill and Katt suddenly appear to help you out and then leave.

Last edited:

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
One change from the manga and Crystal is Rei dating Mamoru. I thought that was an interesting angle since they didn't have that connection in the manga.

Grenzer

This is Kyokugen Karate... 2016 Style
One change from the manga and Crystal is Rei dating Mamoru. I thought that was an interesting angle since they didn't have that connection in the manga.

Rei is almost an entirely different character in the original Toei anime, a foil and rival to Usagi over the course of the series despite slowly developing into a close and reliable friend. I'm guessing it was to create more drama and a complex team dynamic among the Inner Sailor Senshi since in the manga they generally get along with one another and fight as a unified force. A lack of internal conflict among heroes can get very boring if you spread it out over almost fifty episodes.

One thing the newer dub keeps true to the Japanese version is that Rei is only a little less clueless about boys than Usagi is. She puts on the act of being sophisticated and worldly, but she too is just a goofy fourteen-year old girl at the end of the day. Mamoru is humoring her because he does not want to be rude. However, it is clear his mind is on other things. We are also starting to see there is more to his personality than teasing Usagi, and only 'Bun Head' is too stubborn to realize it.

Last edited:

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Now we're getting to the point where Sailor Moon starts to flex its writing muscles a bit.

Jadeite was a pretty mediocre villain, and it's shocking how the heroes never noticed him when he kept pulling the same trick or barely disguising himself every time he showed up. Nephrite is far more interesting and he doesn't remain a one-trick pony for 12 episodes.

aegisrawks

Now we're getting to the point where Sailor Moon starts to flex its writing muscles a bit.

Jadeite was a pretty mediocre villain, and it's shocking how the heroes never noticed him when he kept pulling the same trick or barely disguising himself every time he showed up. Nephrite is far more interesting and he doesn't remain a one-trick pony for 12 episodes.
Jedeite had the advantage that his monsters were almost never silly and could be terrifying as well. That's why he isnt a TOTALLY lost cause. I do agree the show gets way better from here on out.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
jah0u17.jpeg

Episodes 16 & 17
rqP9213.jpeg

OPENING: Moonlight Densetsu by Dali
ENDING: Heart Moving by Misae Takamatsu

A Girl’s Dream: Usagi Becomes a Bride
Friday 8/16 at 5.0 PM

Synopsis: Usagi decides to enter a homemade wedding dress contest, while her home economics teacher is targeted by Nephrite.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Usagi's a Model: The Flash of the Monster Camera
Friday 8/16 at 5.5 PM

Synopsis: Nephrite targets Kijin Shinokawa, a gifted young photographer, while Usagi tries to achieve her dream of becoming a model.​

animePWNS

1955-2024
Ep. 16:
A bigamy fantasy? Usagi, you wouldn't!

A dress made from curtains? What is this, The Sound of Music?

A cat hiding under her dress. What a perverted stealth pun.

And speaking of animal puns, I'm guessing that's a black widow.

Ep. 17:
A new plot develops.

He wants to take pictures of a different kind of scenery now.

"Art is an explosion!" Another shonen reference from this dub.

Talk about flat characterization.

Cameran's been terminated!

Last edited:

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Staff member
Reporter
I was wondering about the phrase “art is an explosion”. It’s used in Naruto Shippuden, but does it originate there? Or is it a catchphrase of someone in the art community in Japan?

A.Magik

Anyone remember the old dub of the last episode, when DiC had Mamoru/Darien comment that he was once a model?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
jah0u17.jpeg

Episodes 18 & 19
rqP9213.jpeg

OPENING: Moonlight Densetsu by Dali
ENDING: Heart Moving by Misae Takamatsu

Shingo's Love: The Grieving Doll
Friday 8/23 at 5.0 PM

Synopsis: Shingo upsets his friend Mika, an award-winning doll maker whose skills make her the next target for Nephrite's energy gathering.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Usagi's Joy: A Love Letter from Tuxedo Mask
Friday 8/23 at 5.5 PM

Synopsis: Nephrite takes advantage of Sailor Moon's attraction to Tuxedo Mask by sending love letters to Usagi and her classmates. Naru falls in love with him in his civilian disguise, allowing him to drain a large amount of her energy.​

animePWNS

1955-2024
Ep. 18:
Evil dolls coming to life is Child's Play.

Now that's finishing a battle on the right foot.

Ep. 19:
You're a heart breaker, dream maker, Mask faker taking energy from me.

Tuxedo Mask isn't the only one wearing a mask.

Next week:
Beach episode! With ghosts?

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts