C&C - Sailor Moon (UNCUT) Talkback Thread [5/31-TBA]

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Okay, Usagi's transformation lasts about 40 seconds, but Ami's is like 5?
Where's the consistency?

I just thought of something else: This is very ironic, considering everyone gets impatient in episode 9.
"Hurry up, Ami!"
Um... Excuse me? You take forever to transform. YOU hurry up.

If they all lasted that the episode would consist of nearly four minutes of stock footage.

I was thinking the opposite: Usagi's transformation shouldn't take so long if the other Guardians can just poof into their outfits. (I get it--Toei did this to fill out a 22-minute quota, but it's still bothersome.)

zoombie

Well the person Luna was talking to is an idiot, thinking the teenage girl was the enemy. So far all the monsters we have felt have adult human forms. I mean the exception was the previous episode but that was because said monster had shape shifting abilities at the core still an adult.

Next week we have a new character join the cast, and I have wonder what the anime was thinking when they completely do a 180 degree change from the manga. Talk about bad interpretations.

We can't have a not interested in men character because she is either being a sexual or gay. What is wrong with that?

Bluebaron

Odd that Viz is willing to do the line proper justice as an ad-lib reference in Sailor Moon, but still bowed to "faithful translation" dubbing the actual line in Kai. Maybe it's the scriptwriter's way of apologizing?
Uminos dub actor, Ben disking, said he said the 9000 line as an add lib... Not Sure if he was joking though... 300 is kept in the crystal dub.

aegisrawks

Odd that Viz is willing to do the line proper justice as an ad-lib reference in Sailor Moon, but still bowed to "faithful translation" dubbing the actual line in Kai. Maybe it's the scriptwriter's way of apologizing?
Viz does not own the Dragon Ball anime, only the manga. Funimation and then Crunchyroll are the USA licensors for Dragon Ball.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Staff member
Reporter
I recall FUNi actually did a “casual friendly” version of the dub where they used the classic 9000 figure, for use in Nicktoons and Saturday morning. IIRC this version also kept old dub attack names like “Destructo Disk” and “Special Beam Cannon” which kept their Japanese names on the blu ray (and later Toonami) version. But viz has always had their own direction for Dragon Ball…I recall that they didn’t feel bound to the Funi dub’s Vegeto name and used Vegerot instead, because Kakarot+Vegeta=Vegerot.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
jah0u17.jpeg

Episodes 10 & 11
rqP9213.jpeg

OPENING: Moonlight Densetsu by Dali
ENDING: Heart Moving by Misae Takamatsu

The Cursed Bus: Enter Mars, the Guardian of Fire
Friday 7/26 at 5.0 PM

Synopsis: Several people who take the bus near the Hikawa Shrine have gone missing. Usagi, Ami, and Luna decide to investigate by visiting the shrine. There, they meet Rei Hino, a shrine maiden with strong spiritual powers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Usagi vs. Rei: Nightmare in Dream Land
Friday 7/26 at 5.5 PM

Synopsis: The Sailor Guardians go to the Dream Land amusement park, where visitors have reportedly gone missing. The team splits into two groups: Usagi and Rei and Ami and Luna. But, much to Rei's frustration, Usagi is more focused on playing than finding the missing people.​

animePWNS

1955-2024
Crows named Phobos and Deimos, the planet Mars' moons.

Mars' transformation reminds me of a certain Johnny Cash song.

According to Wikipedia:
Kirby's Dream Land first appeared in Japan April 27, 1992.
The Sailor Moon episode Nightmare in Dream Land first appeared in Japan May 23, 1992.
And in 2002, Kirby's Adventure re-released on GBA as Nightmare in Dream Land.
And now I'm wishing for a crossover where Kirby swallows Sailor Moon and gets her hairstyle. If only there were a way to magically create that image simply by typing the description. *scoffs* Like that could ever happen.

Something ironically dirty about that broom scene...

I see France, and I ain't talking about the Olympics. (Well, it's probably part of her leotard like in Moon's transformation, but still.)

Last edited:

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
jah0u17.jpeg

Episodes 12 & 13
rqP9213.jpeg

I Want a Boyfriend: The Luxury Cruise Ship is a Trap
Friday 8/2 at 5.0 PM

Synopsis: One of Queen Beryl's youma offers to help Jadeite with his plans. Rei wins tickets on a luxury cruise ship and, since she has no boyfriend, asks Ami to accompany her. A jealous Usagi sneaks aboard after them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Girls Unite: The End of Jadeite
Friday 8/2 at 5.5 PM

Synopsis: Usagi continues to be attracted to both Motoki and Tuxedo Mask. Threatened with Eternal Sleep if should he fail again, Jadeite confronts the Sailor Guardians at an airport.​

animePWNS

1955-2024
"What is wrong with our government, hiring people to attack innocent young girls?!"

Degrading women, yet he works for one. Beryl was too lenient. Jadeite would really hate living in today's world. (Fitting that his voice came from THAT character in SAO.)

But starting next week, the Sailors face... Gaara! At least it's a better voice than that growly one he had in the DiC version.

Last edited by a moderator:

zoombie

Why can't this show let our heroes kill the bad guys like in the manga. It is stupid they got to do that, can you follow the source material. Thank goodness we have Crystals to right that wrong.

aegisrawks

Why can't this show let our heroes kill the bad guys like in the manga. It is stupid they got to do that, can you follow the source material. Thank goodness we have Crystals to right that wrong.
Crystal didnt do that, they allowed them to survive, and poof, there went any badass cred for the Inner Guardians, sorry girls only Sailor Moon is allowed to kill enemies.

Trueblade74

I'm laughing at how Todd Haberkorn is the guy who had to read that out-of-nowhere sexist rant from Jadeite. I still wonder why he's still allowed in the Guild where Chuck Huber isn't.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
jah0u17.jpeg

Episodes 14 & 15
rqP9213.jpeg

A New Enemy Appears: Nephrite’s Evil Crest
Friday 8/2 at 5.0 PM

Synopsis: Nephrite takes over as Beryl's main energy gatherer. He plans to gather power from individual humans at their strongest, rather than from groups and starts by targeting Naru's childhood friend, a tennis player.
Usagi's Panic: Rei's First Date
Friday 8/2 at 5.5 PM

Synopsis: Rei falls for Mamoru and persuades him to go on a date with her, whilst Nephrite targets the caretaker of a local park.​

Bluebaron

Amazing to hear the original music that was used in the toonami runs of S and SuperS in the uncut season 1 dub.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts