Can 4KIDS Become 24/7 network?

chdr

I think a 4kids network is doable, considering other networks have shown less programs to fill up network space (cough cough Nick)

Spideyzilla

Staff member
It could, but not while CW 4Kids is around. After that;s over, they could do it. That would be the only the only thing keeping them afloat.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I know Jeff Harris supports the idea, but I don't think it's likely. They already have CW4Kids, 4KidsTV.com, and 4Kids on Demand. An obscure cable channel probably wouldn't help them at all.

A 4Kids weekday block on a broadcast network like The CW would be awesome, though. But that will never happen.

Mesousa

Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy
No.

I like 4Kids, but I mean, one of their morning blocks just died! There's no way they can operate a channel.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
They might be able to work as a network, but the odds of the becoming one is very slim.

CyberCubed

What would 4kids air on it anyway, they have like 10 shows.

They lost the rights to Ultimate Muscle so they can't air that anymore. They can't air Spiderman. They can't air Stargate SG-1 or Ultraman Tiqa.

So what would they air? Endless Kirby, Sonic, Yu-gi-oh, Dinosaur King and Chaotic reruns?

Oh wow, as if those shows haven't aired enough already.

Pilmedium

They already have CW4Kids, 4KidsTV.com, and 4Kids on Demand. An obscure cable channel probably wouldn't help them at all.
Some people, like me, do not watch anything online or on demand, and therefore could be affected by the reduced air time.

Although I do agree with the concerns of competition, bad management, and limited lineup, the original poster did say a few years from now. Although it is obviously not going to happen in 2009, it is at least theoretically possible that they could overcome those problems within a few years and launch a network.

J!!!

You're such a little kid~
Thank goodness I have been waiting for someone to agree with me on this:D

soundmonkey44

Melancholic Man.
Sadly no...I could See Some of 4kids Shows Airing on Either CN, DIsneyXD or Funimation Channel in the Future. But 4kids is no where good enough of a company to maintain its own Channel. A block theve proven they could do..But a CHannel is a little over there heads!:D

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
So they even lost the rights to The shows in the Foxbox era?

Not all of them, just some. Other shows from that era have since become online exclusives.

But to answer the question: I don't see a 4Kids channel in the foreseeable future. The 24-hour kids' channel market is pretty saturated right now; I don't really see another one coming into existence anytime soon, unless it's a knockoff, reformation or extension of Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon or Sprout/Discovery Kids.

4Kids doesn't have nearly enough shows, stroke or programming savvy to become its' own channel.

Last edited by a moderator:

XDogg

Not all of them, just some. Other shows from that era have since become online exclusives.

But to answer the question: I don't see a 4Kids channel in the foreseeable future. The 24-hour kids' channel market is pretty saturated right now; I don't really see another one coming into existence anytime soon, unless it's a knockoff, reformation or extension of Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon or PBS/Discovery Kids.

4Kids doesn't have nearly enough shows, stroke or programming savvy to become its' own channel.
And I though 4kids could of have a Future.:sad:

Pomegranate

4Kids by themselves probably won't be able to handle a 24/7 network all by themselves, but a CW4Kids network could be possible, as WB and CBS can both help fill up the rest of the lineup with their own content.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Given the choice, I'd rather 20th Century Fox buy back their shows from Disney and create a Fox Kids Channel, so I could watch canceled FOX cartoons like Eek! the Cat again.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts