Cartoon Network International News Thread 16.0

J10

Always asking about the Pan-European feed every hour. So, I’d like to tell you that’s impossible.

What we’re seeing now is the German feed’s September schedule similar to the PT feed, in terms of programming, which would lead to a possible merger.

In addition, we’re seeing PL+CEE+SEE being combined in one schedule. Too bad for PL, which is a success market, to be treated like that. I would suggest that they should be treated separately like the GAS market, but with its own schedule and play-out in Warsaw. That’s IF TVN is still part of WBD and not solded to another company. Otherwise, let’s see how success the combined PL+CEE+SEE feed will look like, once it gets launched.

So, no Pan-European feed revival.

Last edited:

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
In addition, we’re seeing PL+CEE+SEE being combined in one schedule. Too bad for PL, which is a success market, to be treated like that. I would suggest that they should be treated separately like the GAS market, but with its own schedule and play-out in Warsaw. That’s IF TVN is still part of WBD and not solded to another company. Otherwise, let’s see how success the combined PL+CEE+SEE feed will look like, once it gets launched.

That will not be the case though.

The most simple thing they could do (which is most likely to happen too), is connecting all three playouts, so they air the exact same stuff all the time. From shows/episodes, to bumpers, promos, or fillers. This doesn't bring confusion to any of the feeds, but still makes scheduled opt-outs possible

This exact thing has been the case on Boomerang/Cartoonito on Germany, for (at least) the past 5 years, although we never had any opt-outs, which means we receive the exact same as the raw feed right now.

So this would still mean that the feeds merge, while remaining different licenses, as there hasn't been anything new regarding this on RRTV I believe?
This way they could use opt-outs for shows that are differently licensed between the feeds.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Yeah. Just throw out the playouts for the feeds being cancelled and put everything into one for the raw feed and branch out from that. Most countries will have the raw feed only anyway. I doubt they will make opt outs for ad breaks with different fillers for each country. More like they air the fillers on the raw feed and do opt outs for the few countries with ads left. Also the graphics should unite into Dimensional imo for now and there should be more audio tracks too. This is what I expect. And maybe more schedule variety later on. I dont expect them to communicate anything about the mergers oficially though as basically that is somewhat embarassing and not many kids will notice anyway. Unlike with the websites which is obvious.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
For some "classic" is just "a show that stopped being produced more than five years ago and still has a level of viewer demand"

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
For me...
classic = something 10+ years that also people associate with the channel
retro = something 20-30+ years old
vintage = something 30-50+ years old

What I want(ed) was at least to have overnight something other than Gumball. Anything else. Classic shows would have been best, but I'd honestly take even more of Titans or TotalDrama than Spamball.

J10

So this would still mean that the feeds merge, while remaining different licenses, as there hasn't been anything new regarding this on RRTV I believe?
This way they could use opt-outs for shows that are differently licensed between the feeds.
I'm not forgetting, because I was going to say that the countries might get transitioned to another license.

Currently, there is no updates, regarding the licenses, on whether they add countries to the CEE license or not.

Last edited:

The new guy

I
Always asking about the Pan-European feed every hour. So, I’d like to tell you that’s impossible.

What we’re seeing now is the German feed’s September schedule similar to the PT feed, in terms of programming, which would lead to a possible merger.

Is it better if the pan European feed returns or if the channel feeds stay separate and don't merge which do you think is better

Francisque

It's been repeated ad nauseam: the European feed isn't coming back!

It wouldn't work regardless how you put it...
Something akin to Paramount, yes, but not as extreme as having one feed for the whole of EMEA

Nor is Cartoon Network Europe in concept and programming coming back
Yeah. Just throw out the playouts for the feeds being cancelled and put everything into one for the raw feed and branch out from that. Most countries will have the raw feed only anyway. I doubt they will make opt outs for ad breaks with different fillers for each country. More like they air the fillers on the raw feed and do opt outs for the few countries with ads left. Also the graphics should unite into Dimensional imo for now and there should be more audio tracks too. This is what I expect. And maybe more schedule variety later on. I dont expect them to communicate anything about the mergers oficially though as basically that is somewhat embarassing and not many kids will notice anyway. Unlike with the websites which is obvious.
They will have ad opt outs just as now where available (Poland, Hungary, Romania), nothing different about that

Just because Czechia has dropped advertising doesn't mean others will

Czechia is a young market for Cartoon Network and probably they have somehow struggled if not stalled
You don't drop ads overnight if there aren't reasons to do so

For Nordics they did that, but more because there the people stream a lot these days
For Germany it's because of viewership being low and probably to promote a "ad-less" channel; GAS is a huge market anyway, it can kind of sustain itself even without advertising (which was quite low anyway)

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

Just because Pan European feed doesn't come back, people like me still get that vibe of Pan-feed once they've done merging a lot of feeds.

CN Europe is actually a good word once Germany and the rest of CEE merge in 5 years or so. UK isn't in Europe. France and italy would be the ones left. Although I can also see Italy merge in the far future.

Francisque

Just because Pan European feed doesn't come back, people like me still get that vibe of Pan-feed once they've done merging a lot of feeds.

CN Europe is actually a good word once Germany and the rest of CEE merge in 5 years or so. UK isn't in Europe. France and italy would be the ones left. Although I can also see Italy merge in the far future.
Of course they're more pan-feeds, but CN Europe used to be a lot bigger ; plus, was based in the UK

Reactions: J10

Markus Nelis

That was when the UK was still a part of Europe. So CN Europe is a good word to use in 10 years or so. France seems to be the only local feed left by then that's in Europe.

Francisque

That was when the UK was still a part of Europe. So CN Europe is a good word to use in 10 years or so. France seems to be the only local feed left by then that's in Europe.
UK is still part of Europe, just not part of the EU

But there's still a lot of intertwining: plus, the UK still has to find licenses to broadcast the British operations in Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or ROI (Czechia, Luxembourg, Spain, in particular)

Markus Nelis

Whatever the situation is in the UK, CN Europe is still a good name. If I had to choose between it being called Pan European feed or Europe, I and many others would say CN Europe is a good name. Again it's not CN Europe right now but the idea to call it that in 10 years or so is not cancelled.

• Agree
Reactions: J10

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts