Cartoon Network International News Thread 16.0

Francisque

Well, basically everything pre-2010 can be considered a classic, technically. The 2010-2013 stuff are pseudo-classics, while stuff released afterwards are totally modern stuff.
For me these days, it would be enough even them airing Regular Show and Adventure Time at the 9pm slots, plus something else

Of course these aren't classics, but they definitely are also older and give the channel a good mixture

I also remember both weren't treated properly in its days, on many feeds

Somehow a Checkered Past block would be nice, if most of EMEA still had a Boomerang

That's why I think Boomerang UK is such a missed opportunity, but I also realize the UK has a different setting on children's channel being too far away from entertainment channels particularly on Freeview

Plus, "puritan" OFCOM has too much of a say

With an Italian licence, you could get away with more , although there are also annoying restrictions

Reactions: J10

Francisque

But not an Adult Swim block. Still waiting for Warner TV Next in place of Boing Plus. One day they'll figure that Boing Plus is a waste of LCN...
It's a waste but I can't see it going, not when they have other channels to sort out (the Discovery kids ones)

@Markus Nelis

Some people do obviously; not me, but a lot of time has passed since then

The reboot has been a disaster and has already been forgotten lol

Markus Nelis

There's been a discussion about potentially returning the classics for years now. They haven't returned. Where are they? If they never removed classics, they would be still airing. Classics won't return. I'm sorry to say this but the channel is targeted towards kids, not adults. And kids aren't even familiar with old shows and they would rather watch modern shows. Let's be logical about this. It's not best for the channel. America's marketing is different compared to Europe's.

ROToon Alt

It's debatable but it's not considered a classic the same way the early 2000s Cartoon Cartoons. Or do you seriously get more nostalgic about Ben 10? Especially when the reboot didn't end a long time ago.
Not for nostalgia..but still a classic in the eyes of milion people who grew up with Ben 10 till Ultimate Alien (maybe Omniverse is over that,yes)

Markus Nelis

Are you sure that a million people consider it a classics or is this just what you're just guessing? Because that number seems strange. I haven't seen anyone online say that Ben 10: UA is a classic until today.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
It's a waste but I can't see it going, not when they have other channels to sort out (the Discovery kids ones)

@Markus Nelis

Some people do obviously; not me, but a lot of time has passed since then

The reboot has been a disaster and has already been forgotten lol
Good luck WBD to fix three useless FTA kids channels. Pretty sure Frisbee and K2 used to have categories on Discovery+ that now are gone. Curious...

Francisque

There's been a discussion about potentially returning the classics for years now. They haven't returned. Where are they? If they never removed classics, they would be still airing. Classics won't return. I'm sorry to say this but the channel is targeted towards kids, not adults. And kids aren't even familiar with old shows and they would rather watch modern shows.
Of course they aren't.

People like to compare EMEA operations with the US one, but the US one is immensely more popular because of the different structure the channel has

It doesn't mean though some classics here and there can't be aired, but I'd say more older shows than classics

The rest might work on secondary channels such as Warner TV in CEE, which really cater an older audience

Some requests obviously are absurd; being a somehow less bland channel however isn't

EDIT: who cares at the end of the day what is a classic or not?

Ben 10 is an older show, it was successful at it and had a lot of spin-offs and a reboot

Some people have kind memories of it

ROToon Alt

Are you sure that it's really over a million or is this just what you're just guessing? I haven't seen anyone online say that Ben 10: UA is a classic until today.
Maybe you didn't but let's end this subject
It went on too long and for nothing.Everyone got thier own system to call a cartoon classic (to me it ended in 2010 or later 2012)

Markus Nelis

Yes, I understand them airing old shows like AT but what I'm really trying to say is that it's highly unlikely they specificly air classics. Anything pre 2010 pretty much is what I meant.

Francisque

I like the sensible management of CN France anyway: it shows how a lot of our talk about classics, commercial nature of the channel can be less rigid and tight and that, without becoming a "classic" channel altogether, you can have some variety

So, it can be done

We've been used to blandness for too long

The new guy

There's been a discussion about potentially returning the classics for years now. They haven't returned. Where are they? If they never removed classics, they would be still airing. Classics won't return. I'm sorry to say this but the channel is targeted towards kids, not adults. And kids aren't even familiar with old shows and they would rather watch modern shows. Let's be logical about this. It's not best for the channel. America's marketing is different compared to Europe's.
America's marketing is different to Europe so does that mean they shouldn't air classic shows

Markus Nelis

Yeah but due to laws in some countries (which may not apply to the UK now) you can't show adult content on Children's TV
Those are appropriate to kids though. It's just that AS is airing these friendly shows. Also EMEA wouldn't have removed these classics if they got better ratings than modern shows.

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
Those are appropriate to kids though. It's just that AS is airing these friendly shows. Also EMEA wouldn't have removed these classics if they got better ratings than modern shows.
It could work as an inbetween slot for the AS block, akin to Checkered Past.

The new guy

Also why they air classic shows only on checkered past and not on cn in the US

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts