Cartoon Network International News Thread 16.0

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
This will mark the definitive end of Doraemon on linear TV in Portugal after 24 years. I was depressed when Canal Panda stopped airing the subtitled version and later when the rights were handed to Cartoon Network.
at least you can still watch it legally, even if just streaming it

Markus Nelis

There will be a We Love Gumball stunt in the last two weeks of this month, implying a possible merger from the 2nd of September.

Cursed times ahead really, this will also imply the end of Doraemon on CN PT, because Doraemon never aired in Germany.
EMEA has shared a lot of the same stunts for a while. It's normal to get the same events now.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
EMEA has shared a lot of the same stunts for a while. It's normal to get the same events now.
Well we got Breakfast Club as the Toast Club, if you remember. I don't think it's still airing but it deviated from the CN Africa version and gained its own graphics.

Markus Nelis

It's even on CN Italy, which obviously isn't going to merge with any other feed, at least for now but it has likely too many "exclusive" traits to make a merger with another feed hard(er)
The real reason gotta be the strong marketing in a crowded area like Italy. 58 million vs Portugal with 10 million. Basically the feeds will merge that has a population of under 50 million.

tcoffa

The real reason gotta be the strong marketing in a crowded area like Italy. 58 million vs Portugal with 10 million. Basically the feeds will merge that has a population of under 50 million.
Or simply... because Italian broadcasting licences don't allow merged feeds.

BloggerHU

Where can I check the Portugal and German CN schedules from September? Can somebody give some links? Thanks in advance!

Francisque

Or simply... because Italian broadcasting licences don't allow merged feeds.
What?

This is new to me

No country is going to care about "shared feeds" or similar stuff (I mean, they aren't going to check if the same content airs elsewhere), as long as the channel stays localized in terms of languages and promo audio; however, the feed is still based on AGCOM (Italian regulator: which while has its problems is relatively lax), unlike many other European feeds
Anyway: it's also relative to the population and the share of people watching it

Sky in Italy is not overly popular anymore, but still fares better than the German/Austrian/Swiss counterpart

Last edited:

Sl!ght!yGreg

So tuned in on CN NL and while watching Gumball, just realized that the ad-break bumpers are shorter (?) it’s like an cut version of it. Dutch announcer sounds pretty shortened now and as speaking, he uses some different verbs. When did they even updated it?

Reactions: J10

Francisque

also, they haven't left those emoji heads. Quite terrific that they also keep making new such ones for the newer shows. I must say.
Not too dissimilar in concept to Munich also leaving non-Dimensional elements

The whole of EMEA Is in desperate need for a rebrand that feels fresh and coherent

Reactions: J10

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
more signs of a merger of CN NL with another feed? :rolleyes2:

The whole of EMEA Is in desperate need for a rebrand that feels fresh and coherent
in this case, some feeds like CN Italy are more creative, something which the Munich-based channels obviously lack. They would have kept using the generic emojis that already existed.

RegularCapital

Staff member

Well as it seems that WBD is heading towards a process of feed mergers/synchronisation and homogenisation, it would make any future rebrands a lot easier.

Also for quite a while now, the UK promos no longer mention a time, so I guess they're streamlining their operations to make things as minimal as possible.

EMEA always had shared stunts across feeds, but I suppose it will be a lot more frequent now.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts